Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

older horses tax write off???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

older horses tax write off??? Empty
PostSubject: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2007, 12:24 am

so what do you all know about this? I know this is getting to be something where if you have an older horse you get a tax write off- Im being lazy and wondering if someone else has already done the leg work what is the age etc.... Grandma may get to stick around a little longer LOL... just kidding she may just bring me a tax break but she will always have a place here- straight off the King Ranch she will always be a special girl.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2007, 9:27 am

Sorry, Lynn, I haven't heard that. Maybe somebody else will have heard it.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2007, 10:53 pm

We do our own taxes on Turbo Tax. And there is no write off for older horses unless you have done it over their life.. All we write off is all the stuff surrounding taking care of them. Lonnie said you can depreciate the horse over it's life. We do not do that. We have so many write offs now we do not use them all. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2007, 11:17 pm

starting this year due to the close of the slaughter plants if you have/take in older horses there is a tax write off for them
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2007, 12:10 am

Really? I need to do some research!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: older horses tax write off???   older horses tax write off??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

older horses tax write off???
Page 1 of 1