Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

comments please

Go down 
+5
RoanRider420
Bluejay
Cindy
Triple J Quarter Horses
denibun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

comments please Empty
PostSubject: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 10:32 am

Okay, I have 5 days to decide if we're going to keep this mare or keep looking. Tell me what you see...the good, the bad, the ugly. She's 4 yrs old and out of shape...was shown her 2 and 3 yr old yrs, but has been standing in a field, getting fat for the past year. Very good disposition, very willing. She's a little jumpier than I like, but she's 4. Oh yeah, $2500 is the bottom dollar. Tell me your thoughts.

comments please Cookie1
comments please Cookie11
comments please Cookie12
comments please Cookie17
comments please Cookie14
comments please Cookie18
comments please Cookie22
comments please Cookie23
comments please Cookie25
comments please Cookie27
comments please Cookie28
comments please Cookie29
comments please Cookie30
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 2:13 pm

Cute, Packs her head nice. Video!
Back to top Go down
denibun

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 2:25 pm

Kay,

My plans are to take this mare to Wetzels tomorrow night and let them give me an evaluation, tell me if I'm biting off more than I can chew, etc. Then, I 'm going to bring them to the show at Bittle on Sunday. They're not ready for a show together, but I figure she can do SMS, halter, and probably walk/trot. It will give me the opportunity to see how she handles the commotion, how well she stands at the trailer, etc. If that goes well, I'll keep her.

If we keep her, I want to put 60 days on her with a trainer. I am planning on WEtzels at this point. Is there someone else close that is really good???

I want her finished in SMS. She's pretty good now. I want her well started in trail and HMS. Western Pleasure is last in the priority list.

denise
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 9:01 pm

She's cute. I like her. Good size too. kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 9:19 pm

She is a cute mare. I think with some work and getting her in shape she may do just fine. I thought her neck was too fat and her head set is way to low. But, those are easy things to fix. Some work and practice she might be just great.. She may be a very nice horse for the young lady to lesson on and they can learn together. Since she is young they can have many years together. And, I would still offer less money. There is no such thing as a bottom line to the right buyer if they really want to sell her.. If you have a trainer who works with you they can give you the best advise.. I think 2500.00 is too high for this market right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 9:52 pm

Her headset doesn't look too low to me, it looks more like she is "rooting" at the bit. How broke is she? She looks pretty green in the pics, not as broke as I'd think she should be if she were shown as a 2 and 3 year old. What's her breeding?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 10:09 pm

I think she is really cute looks to have lots of potential my concern is the "potential" if you buy a horse that doesn't work out the way you want may have a hard time selling esp this winter so you are stuck until spring also I know you have been looking for some time but my concern goes back to finding just the right horse for Rachel if you aren't 100% sure this one will work maybe you should wait the right one is out there it will come along...
Back to top Go down
denibun

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2007, 8:53 am

To answer all the questions in one reply:

She is a granddaughter of Zip's Chocolate Chip on top and of the Big Investment on bottom. In the pictures where her head was really low, she was actually just watching where she was walking. There was a set of bleachers in the arena and somebody dragged them out leaving big trenches and dirt hills. Rachel thought it was fun to make her walk over and through them. She was shown as a 2 and 3 yr old, but then was turned out for a year due to owner going to college so she is rusty. She was also shown in a bosal which I don't have so she is in a snaffle. Her neck is too thick, but she is too fat all over. You can't really tell it because she is still muscular, but she needs to drop some weight. I hope that will help with the neck.

I still haven't decided whether or not to keep her. If I do, she'll definitely have 60 days with a trainer in the spring. We'll just see how the rest of the week goes.

Thanks for the input.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 10:02 am

I Know of a really good trainer, Very Good. Hes in Hardinsburg, Ky. But you know, Id wait till closer to spring now at least the tune up would be right before show season starts. Hes not a on the rail guy, and his wife trains the Showmenship part. Let me know if you want his name, lessons go with the training. I couldnt begin to know how many AQHA Points he has put on horses. The best part is they are rode, and I mean rode. 6 and 7 days a week.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 1:26 pm

Sounds like you have a good plan. The other thing to consider is how the two of them get along. scratch I think it's important to have a horse you just love and have a great time with. All the other stuff comes in time. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
denibun

comments please Empty
PostSubject: cookies going home   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 3:04 pm

Well, I took cookie to the trainer last night and she did great, but the trainer doesn't think she has the greatest movement for WP, but the other problem was that she seemed to think the mare was sore in her front shoulder. She did a bunch of flexing and testing on the mare and sure enough she was a little sore. It may just be from not being ridden in a long time or it may be something more, but I'm not taking the chance on a horse tha twasn't quite what I was looking for anyway. She's going home.

denise
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 5:32 pm

sorry about that it is so hard when you really want something nice for your daughter but you will find something Im sure of it you are a good momma...
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 9:27 am

I think you made the right choice... totally with BJ and RR... and I didn't like her tail set at all... sorry I'm so late with my 2 cents. Laughing
Back to top Go down
denibun

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 10:22 am

Well, I was a little bummed. I really liked the mare. I didn't care for her tail set either, but I'm good now. I will be patient and the "right" horse will come along.

denise
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 9:24 pm

sorry I got in here a little late but maybe it's better

she reminds me of my mare, Molly, a lot!!

that 2nd pic esp. Molly has a low neck set and is on her forehand (jog pics) and has that same ugly tailset Rolling Eyes

I ride her everyday and do some sort of drill to pick her shoulders up and get her to remember what her hindquarters are! I love Molly and this doesn't bother me -- but if I were younger I wouldn't want to have to do that everyday! I think Rachel would rather have a horse that she can just ride ,, if you know what I mean ?

I have Molly to the point where I can just sit back and lift a little and she says "oh yea!" and fixes herself but it took a ton of work.

you made a good decision. the right horse is out there!

Props for using your head and not just taking the first (or second)seemingly good deal to come along. mbs
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2007, 12:05 pm

good job being patient. seriously. its so hard when your ready for another horses and i waited forever to get another horse, and finally i got Sophie from Lynn, and its been the best thing i've ever done!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 9:37 am

Are you going to be at Warrick Co this week end? I may take my Yella colt for the experience.
Back to top Go down
denibun

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 10:26 am

I might go, but I don't have a horse to show yet Rolling Eyes Take your boy. IT will be good experience.

I'm thinking about making a trip to the sale in Bowling green this weekend. There is a horse consigned to the sell that I like but he is priced more than I can go, but if I go to the sale, I might get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

comments please Empty
PostSubject: Re: comments please   comments please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

comments please
Page 1 of 1