Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It is actually snowing in East Texas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

It is actually snowing in East Texas Empty
PostSubject: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 10:05 am

you have to sort of look, but it's for sure snowing... I've just about had enough of this mess... need to do the Indian hot dance or something... Cool
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 11:15 am

alien Hey 7 C's Suspect Is Snow quite a thing for you Texan's Question pirat I thought Pete didn't see his shadow No Can't be long till Spring sunny
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 11:22 am

It's been oh, about four or five years ago since snow actually hit the ground and stayed at least a day. Our thing is ice down here... and these idiots drive like there's nothing going on.
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 11:50 am

affraid Boy Ice is SO scary No Do you get that Black ice Question cyclops You know the stuff that means you can't see it Suspect Twisted Evil Especially on the road Twisted Evil silent
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 8:55 pm

No, not black ice, you just can't see it until you're on top of it... which is kind of scarey... I even see something that looks like a patch of what's not road, and I'm freaking.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 10:17 pm

Better stay in 7C and have some tea.. lol!

My daughter lives in Rockport TX and they are freezing when it's in the 60's down there.. I am heading that way in June.. It is like a sauna down there.. I got off the plane the first time and waited for the clorine smell to come. YUK. HUMID...cherry
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 10:36 pm

LOL, well take alberta here.... Yesterday We were sitting at a chilling -25 degrees celcius, with a wind chill that made it feel like -30, and today its plus 2!!!!!!!!

Talk about not being able to climatize!

We also go through the, loads of snow... let it melt some.. then it freezes and makes ice on the roads, then it snows and the cycle starts again...

Its getting annoying, I just want spring to come!

LOL but I can't believe it is snowing in texas! I worked with a east indian lady last year, and she was telling me that last year in about febuary that it snowed in INDIA! lol talk about the green house effect! our weather is just going to get more and more extreme as the years pass I think!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2007, 8:55 am

Bluejay, you're right... Rockport in the summer, well, any coastal town is super humid! Skeeters will take you away down there! HA! I've got a sister that lives in Katy, which is near Houston, and I'm telling ya, I just don't know how she tolerates it. Rick used to work down there all the time in all those plants, and he said even at night, you're just dripping sweat like crazy.

It can get so hot and humid down here during the summer, that I'll feed at 5:00, start working horses at 7:00, have them sweating and finish up by oh, 10:00 or so, have 3 or 4 fans running for each stall... electric bill gets a little hairy, needless to say.

Boy, I wish I had that problem right now! GAWD, it's cold as all get out!

Funny, though, I can go to Colorado, sit there, ski down a danged mountain with just jeans and a sweater on, snow everywhere, and never get cold -- it's the humidity that'll get ya.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2007, 5:53 pm

It's been freezing down here the last couple of days... got down to like 25 last night! pale

I was laughing when I put momma's blanket on last night. I think she needs a maternity blanket! LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2007, 5:48 pm

A lady at work said she came from Colorado. She said it can be cold and snow all over the place but the sun shines all the time so it does not feel cold.. That would be nice. We are up in the 40's now and the rain is coming.. Glad the freezing is over.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is actually snowing in East Texas   It is actually snowing in East Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It is actually snowing in East Texas
Page 1 of 1