Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas Snow

Go down 
+4
Mare
Triple J Quarter Horses
Bluejay
Bucks&Blues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2008, 1:49 pm

We actually got some snow last night! It was mixed with sleet, but still, it was snowing too. Our pastures actually turned white, and it was so pretty.

I wish for once we could have a white Christmas, Ive never had one that I remember. That would be PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2008, 11:46 am

lol! Be carefull what you wish for. We had 3' of snow last year for a few weeks. It seemed it would never stop snowing. We were digging out everyday, things froze up and the power went out. By the time it stopped we were really sick of it.. affraid No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2008, 12:34 pm

I saw on the news this morning, that they noticed when Huston gets a hurricane, they then get snow that can be measured. Only happens when the there has been a hurricane. scratch
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2008, 4:29 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
I saw on the news this morning, that they noticed when Huston gets a hurricane, they then get snow that can be measured. Only happens when the there has been a hurricane. scratch

I never knew that, but now that I think about it, we usually do get snow in hurricane years. It usually snows in the panhandle, around Amarillo.

Just once would I love to have a white Christmas santa

We are going to spend one Christmas in New York before I die!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2008, 11:09 am

Thats pretty neat when Texas gets it before Montana. I wish you could have a white Christmas there is nothing more Beautiful than that. I guess our Canadian friends are sending us a storm tonight so I think we might end up with the white stuff. Our high for Sunday is gonna be 3*. Not looking forward to that. Actually I can handle the cold as long as there is no wind with it.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2008, 11:21 am

Wow, 3* is a little to cold. The coldest its been this year was 27* or close to that, and I thought my ears were going to shatter. Then if you add in the winds weve been having then they said it felt like 20*. Thats plenty cold enough for me!

Its funny, I have neighbors from New York, and they are use to cold. When I walk out in a sweatshirt and my carhart they are usually in shorts and flip flops! They tell me I would never last up there.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2008, 9:48 pm

Better get out the chap stick.. BURRRRRR affraid
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2008, 1:30 am

Ha, us Canadians have been told we were getting snow from Montana. Although I would much rather be sending it your way than get it. We already have snow here.
I kinda laugh when I hear about people's pipes freezing, not cause it's funny, but because we hardly ever have that problem. We are set for cold. Automatic waterers have had the heat turned on for about a month now and the water than runs to my barn has a hydrant than drains back down so that there isn't water in the pipes to freeze. Not that it always works, one did freeze last year for a while and I had to scoop water out of the waterer to water the horses in the barn.
I suppose it's because things here are designed for colder than -40 weather. We don't get many days that cold, but we do get some.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2008, 8:03 pm

Your lucky, i wish we got some, "light pretty snow". Idk if anyone has heard but we're in a blizzard!! It is terrible! Zero visibility, about -40 wind chill, the high for tomorrow is...wait for it..... NEGATIVE 16. BRRRR I wanna move back to my AZ Sad No
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 12:25 am

Sip of Rum wrote:
Your lucky, i wish we got some, "light pretty snow". Idk if anyone has heard but we're in a blizzard!! It is terrible! Zero visibility, about -40 wind chill, the high for tomorrow is...wait for it..... NEGATIVE 16. BRRRR I wanna move back to my AZ Sad No

lol, minus 16?? in farenheit or celcius? lol its like -40 celcius with the wind chill here right now. I mean bare skin freezes in like a minute. We've had colder before too...

If you mean -16 celcius.. lol I vote we trade! That aint cold!!!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 10:30 am

W are getting the same here. Your skin freezes in a minute. I'm feeding horses four times a day just to keep their heaters going. And of coarse Not a dang thing would start yesterday other than the car that cant make it out of the driveway anyway. So I have the bobcat, and four wheeler charging so I can at least plow to get the car out. Yah this is when I hate my husband working out of town.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 2:32 pm

Quote :
NEGATIVE 16. BRRRR I wanna move back to my AZ

Looking for a horse under the tree maybe???? Hummmm ???

Ok, it was 58 here yesterday with wind advisory. Blew like the Devil, but at least it wasnt Cold like some of you are having. Got up 57! Now its already 32. Ice, Snow and Freezing rain is suppose to be here about dark. Thats ok, Ill be home by them. All the 4-Legged critters in the barn tonight.
rendeer
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 5:29 pm

im not sure what snow is. can some one tell me what that stuff is LOL. sorry that was mean. its like 55 here in phx today with a low of 51 degrees LOL. enjoy your snow. sunny
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2008, 10:20 pm

UM, I think you folks from Canada and Montana missed and hit Oregon. Shocked We have snow at our house and it's in the teens.. Wind chill drops it down to like 5,,, URGH.. No Ponies are snuggle in the barn.. Wood stove is keeping us warm.. The thing about that when it happens here is ICE.. All the moister we have just makes ice and that is no fun.. affraid They say it's gonna be this way for a week and we have just seen the begining of it.... THANKS.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Texas Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Snow   Texas Snow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas Snow
Page 1 of 1