Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Owning stallions

Go down 
+6
Bluejay
SilverBuckleHorses
Lynn M.
stockman
Ragdoll
7cedars
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Owning stallions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 8:36 pm

haha good to know! I just don't want one of those jugheaded, waspy-waisted, looking Appendixs -- which Idon't think Molly would have

but I don't think phenom or kid could produce one of those if they were bred to giraffes! Laughing

Molly has to prove herself first! haha I hope we get a ROM!

Right now she just likes to tease the poor little stud in our barn! GAWD that thing whinnys at everything that walks by and she *peed* in front of him! :afraid: right in the aisle! -- and She never pees unless she's in a stall! No

she is so slutty sometimes! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 8:52 pm

Well, I have my own personal feelings about appendix. It does not matter.. They are just a QH and they can show and compete in everything AQHA.. But, there are those who have a problem with it. Rolling Eyes

Now, I had a lovely bay mare that was 4 yrs old. She was Zippo Pine Bar on the bottom and Bar Passer on the top. This mare was 15.3. sweetest mind ever and really pretty head. She was narrow.. But, she had the best pitter patter everything you could imagine. Gentle enough that anyone could ride her and get a good ride and all the pitter patter they wanted. Even if they new nothing. She would just do what she knew how to do.. coffee

Now those who read my post and know me know that I do not ride. Well, this ride was like sitting on glass. cheering As far as I am concerned if I ever wanted to take up ridding again. Believe you me I thought long and hard about it. The QH select would have been what I would have done. WP and Hunt seat.. She did it all.. I just did not have the time and money to get it going.. No Sad

I fianlly sold her to the Duns N Roses Ranch in Idaho. I was so excited she got a home that would show her and breed her down the line. I got nothing for her.. They didn't care and figured they could get the A off her papers by showing her. Then breed her to their WC ABRA WP stallion.. riding

So, with all that said. It should not matter but it does to a lot of people. A stallion I bred to one year was also appendix. He was 16.1 and 1500lb. At least from what I hear the halter points count now..

BLAH BLAH BLAH lol! Never let a good one go by for that reason.. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 10:12 pm

As I said...I don't care about appx or not. I'm more intrested in the breeding. You would never guess that this mare was appx. She's 15hnds and built like a brick- -house. Very muscle-y. Her dad is 100% foundation....a Jessie James grandson. (dad's name is MJS Little Buck) I've seen pictures of Jessie James....She's the spitting image of him. Her mom's side is like a stroll through TB racing history. I like that. My vet says she's make a kick-a$$ barrel horse. That's what we're about to find out. She has a full brother who runs on NBHA and AW circuts.

You wouldn't guess that she and my colt are half-brother/sister. Same dad. My colt is 16hds and still growing....Way more flat muscled. He's in no hurry to get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2007, 10:17 am

Like Lynn pointed out to me... "When you walk them in the ring, that judge doesn't know what color their papers are!" icecream
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2007, 11:14 am

oh my Kelly Im being quoted! better start watching what I say... LOL! But that I truly believe Wink
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2007, 4:24 pm

We have appendix horses at our place. Brennen's gelding Tom is a nice stout son of a gun. You can't tell by looking at him that he's appendix. But try to sell some off these suckers around here. Ouch.
I have two studs. Pep is reining bred and Gun is cutting bred. Pep was at a trainers for almost 2 years. Place 1/2 piont out of the money at biggest futurity in the country (I live in Canada). Then Wade decided enough of this BS. He was tired of spending any more money on him. So I showed him at open shows and did fine. But the open show people are not the kind who are gonna breed their mares to a reining stud. Luckily for me, I went to a clinic with the trainer who had him the first year. He loaded Pep into his trailer and took him home. I told him I had no money, but he needed a horse to show, as he was out of the local horse industry for a while (working somewhere down there). So we cut a deal. He's been there a week and Wade hasn't noticed he's gone yet. Hopefully this way he'll get some points and earnings on him.
Gun is 4 now and barely broke enough to ride in thee round pen. He had a touch of West Nile when he was younger and it took him a while to catch up. But I don't breed him to outside mares. I got one heck of a bang up filly of him this year. I'd like to get Wade to agree to geld him, cause he would make one heck of a good looking gelding. But Wade is talking about sending him to one of his cowboy friends to train. Not really looking forward to that. But nothing I can do short of throwing a fit.
Anyway, I really like my studs. But if I could do it over, I would breed my really good mares to outside studs. Maybe only have 1-3 mares.
I also think that with performance horses, who you have on them does seem to make a difference, which it shouldn't. So is a horse that got shown a ton really better than the horse next door whos owners said stuff the politics, they weren't showing? Who can tell for sure. It's all a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owning stallions   Owning stallions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Owning stallions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2