Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
7cedars
Triple J Quarter Horses
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 1:02 pm

Frozen semen from a stallion that is Dead!
HE IS DEAD. In the ground, rotting dead.
No longer producing semen, Dead.
Pushing up Daisys Dead.

But yet, he is still allowed to have foals????? Its hard enough to compete with one that it alive but to compete with a stallion that is dead, Well, heck, Thats a bunch of #@*# ! I mean a big pile of it. Guess you get my meaning here.

Enough is enough. Aren't they taking things just alittle to far?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 1:35 pm

I know what topic you're talking about on another halter forum, and that kind of blew me away, too. I guess if they made money off of him before, they'll just keep making money off of him.

I don't know, but the whole scenario seems funky to me... course the having 4 or 5 babies to one mare in a year I think is flat stupid, too.

You know, those T-bred people have got it figured out. They have to live cover, and by gosh, if you want the best of the best, you pay for it; keeps the gene pool like it needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 2:22 pm

I agree totally. They used to let them go one year. Then they were done.. Now it's a free for all. I feel the same way about embrio transfer and letting a mare have several foals a year.. Goes back to he who has the most money will win. I am not in that group.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 3:40 pm

What topic on what forum????? I was reading Kidds where she said her filly was by a deceased stallion and it got me thinking.. scratch

Your right Bluejay. Mad Makes me down right mad!

No Shelia, "course the having 4 or 5 babies to one mare in a year I think is flat stupid, too." No In total Agreement, See your right here too, What the pile of manure are they thinking. There is no way a mare can have that many foals in a year.. No way, and now they are selling the embrio's on Equine.com. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 7:41 pm

I know that I am going to get daggers thrown at me for this but I have frozen semen from my horse! I have to admit now it was one of the dumbest ideas that I had for the moment! With what I paid I could of just had another really nice horse. With that being said I bought my horse to be a trail horse but when I got him here he was really nice plus his bloodlines were not that bad. So I had him gelded so I could still enjoy him plus have a few foals. When it comes to the mare I have to be really picky about the look I am going for and what I want to clean up on my gelding. Then I have to have bloodlines that are good too as he is not so great on the dams side. That is why I have only one mare at this point and I think that she will compliment him very well. So I have to be really picky! Now you can throw daggers at me! affraid
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 8:23 pm

lol! No daggers.. Your horse is still alive. This is about the dead ones they froze semen on.. affraid

I see nothing wrong with doing what you did.. I am not sure how your breeding report will go if they know he is gelded. Kinda like when we met and you kept talking about breeding your gelding. I was like scratch Is she nuts.. lol!

You did that for yourself. And, your horse is much happier haveing a real life.. riding

When they knew Kid Clu was not going to make they drained the hell out of him and froze it.. They could not even let the poor horse die in piece.. I have way more respect for my animal then that.. He is my buddy.. ily
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2007, 11:53 pm

He might end up dead if he bucks me off ever again like last year! Or maybe the 3 strand barb wire fence while on vacation. I keep telling him that he is a gelding and one stupid mistake could really cost him. It will be horse jerky to all my friends and boy would he make a lot! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2007, 11:15 am

Now if you kill him then we will throw daggers at you, cause then he will be dead.. Hee Hee.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2007, 12:54 pm

Looks like it might be time for a good tail whippen when he bucks.. affraid Some nice tight circles too.. Then a tail whippen.. BAD BOY!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 6:37 pm

The filly that we have right now is by "This Snow Is Royal" - he was alive when her momma was bred (AI on premisis).

He has since died...and NOW they are using FROZEN semen for him...
there is also frozen semen from Chicks Beduino and Strawfly Special still out there and they have been dead for a couple of years at least!

Its a little weird to me - I think I have a BIGGER problem with unlimited embryos AND FROZEN embryos - mare production is pretty open these days - no regulations... not my cup of tea - even though we have a mare right now that would probably make us some nice $$$ if we'd flush her and have a few babies a year...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure that they probably still have some Rugged Lark semen...
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 8:45 pm

yup they sure did! Carol Harris is no slouch!

she promoted the hell out of RL! haha she wanted to get her monies worth! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 8:57 pm

My daughter had been talking to CH for a few months before RL died, and shortly after. We were going to AI Shasta. After RL's death, she told my daughter that she wasn't sure what she was going to do with the semen, and to not send her deposit, unless she was intrested in another of her studs. We never heard from CH again.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2007, 9:54 pm

Just think what the TB people could have done if they could freeze semen scratch
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 9:31 am

TB people are smart enough to understand the supply and demand - it doesn't make sense for them in the long run - yes there are horses that it would have been great to see just one more of their babies run - but shoot - there are a TON of First Down Dashs, Dash For Cashs, Easy Jets etc...that couldn't run a jump!!!

The "theory" behind genetics is that with each generation you improve on one or more things in order to produce a product that is better than what you had to begin with (yes, even champions improve - look at the new world records, etc...)... If you breed to old blood, you are turning from the newer genetics to an older version and won't be producing at the same level of offspring as others...
There are SEVERAL schools of thought on this - the one I hear most often is: "Don't breed an old mare to an old stallion" - meaning, its already been done, those genetics are out there and unless they are CURRENTLY kicking tail, it isn't going to help you...

With young mares you can take them to older stallions because you may still be able to produce an offspring that is superior/competitive...young mares to young stallions is more risky because until a stallion is proven you don't have a clue as to what you will actually end up with!

I'd rather have ONE great mare than 10 decent stallions...

I know in a different thread everyone was trying to name the "great mares" - I could name a TON - there are some mares though that produce GREAT horses that can't reproduce themselves (makes ya wonder a little...)...
"
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!   Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Stallions, I have a beef!
Page 1 of 1