Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Monster and I are headed out...

Go down 
+5
Lynn M.
QHorse163
7cedars
SuperLope
natmarie1122
9 posters
AuthorMessage
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

The Monster and I are headed out... Empty
PostSubject: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2007, 8:45 am

Today we are leaving for my 4H District Show at Bowling Green, Kentucky. I'm really hoping that we do good cuz I worked her hard this week. haha! I'm kinda nervous, but more anxious than nervous. Not a really good combo... especially when you have to eat your mother's cooking tonight =P well I'll talk to y'all Tuesday! Wish us luck!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2007, 2:13 pm

Good Luck!!

kick some butt!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2007, 6:03 pm

Good luck, Nat Marie... you'll be fine! Let us know how you do, and I'll be thinking about ya!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2007, 11:56 pm

Good luck!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 12:43 am

good luck you'll do well you 2 make a nice pic.. good complement to one another!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 10:05 am

Crossed Fingers, I know Showmanship has been over as I type this. Im calling the 4_H leader of henderson County and checking for updates, Just wish I what area you were from so I could Check in on you, Guessing it was Union, But then Id need to know what classes you were in to.. well Shoot!
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 3:35 pm

good luck!
you will be fine!!!
have fun! thats most important.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2007, 3:37 pm

natmarie1122 wrote:
Today we are leaving for my 4H District Show at Bowling Green, Kentucky. I'm really hoping that we do good cuz I worked her hard this week. haha! I'm kinda nervous, but more anxious than nervous. Not a really good combo... especially when you have to eat your mother's cooking tonight =P well I'll talk to y'all Tuesday! Wish us luck!!! bounce

Is it at WEstern Kentucky University Ag Expo Center? I grew up near there and went to college at WKU as did my dh. Actually, today is our 18th anniversary and we went to Bowling Green this weekend to celebrate. There's a little restaurant downtown called Mariah's that you have to eat at while you're there.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 2:58 pm

Henderson County Did Great!cheering Now I just have to teach these Barrel racers to do showmenship. riding

How So how did you and your monster get along???? We've got to know!Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 4:02 pm

Mmk so we had a traumatic time when we got there. Sophie was tied up to the trailer and I had just gotten done gettin her saddled up. I walked around to the tack room to gether bridle when all of the sudden I hear her pull back and my mom scream. Soph pulled back, the lead rope snapped in half and she went flying backwards. Her neck and head got underneath our friend's trailer and luckily and miraculously she got out from underneath it. She had a few scrapes on her face, a scrape on her knee, and a cut on her flank. Again I had my saddle on her so when she went over she smashed my aluminum stirrup flat as a pancake, so that's what cut her flank. Luckily that's all that happened to her. She was just fine after that! Thank goodness!! My friend and I walked her around the grounds for about 45 minutes and then rode her.

Anyhoo! Now for the better news.

Showmanship we placed 3rd which I'm pretty proud of since it's not really our strong point. I mean we laid down an awesome pattern. The two girls that placed above me they had some little things that I saw they did wrong but oh well... I'm not complainin!!

Western pleasure we placed 4th. Of course this being 4H there were the really fast horses in the pleasure class and soph and i don't really do too hot with those kinds of horses ridin up our butt so when they asked for the lope she was gunnin it!! I was crackin up the entire time cuz I knew we weren't gonna do well so I just tried to have fun.

Horsemanship we placed 5th. 1st and 2nd places both broke in their pattern... but anyway when we got on the rail this one girl was glued to sophie's butt the entire time... I mean nose to tail all around the arena. I even loped a circle in the middle of the arena and she still somehow managed to stay behind me lol so I just kinda gave up after that.

Hunter Under Saddle we placed 2nd. It was probably one of our better rides in HUS. She did great and I'm really proud!

We'll be goin to State at the Louisville fair grounds July 12th, 13th, & 14th. So I've got a lot of work to do until then! I'll have pictures up here soon! My friend went with me and she's an aspiring photographer so I let her take tons of pictures =P
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 4:14 pm

congrats sounds like you guys did really well after all the excitement
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 4:26 pm

Shesh - sounds like you guys had a rough start and Blossomed!!!

rose Congrats!!! yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 11:36 pm

Well, like Kidd said, started out rough, but ended out well. I think you did pretty well, you little toot! And it'll get only better... remember that! You take care, and you watch Sophie now.... you'll be fine! Can't wait to hear how you do next time!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 12:06 pm

Woooooooo Hoooooooooooooo I might run down for showmanship.. Your tuff Girl! Most would have just loaded up and went home. Im proud of you. cheering cheering cheering You Go Girl...
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 10:12 pm

Good job! Smile And glad you could recoup after a not-so-good start. Sounds like it didn't throw Sophie off either!

Clara once reared & flipped over into a mud puddle at an AQHA show... right before showmanship. Shocked We checked her out and she was fine, luckily, and we managed to get *most* of the mud off her before my class. Although I kept picking mud out of her bands during my riding classes! haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monster and I are headed out...   The Monster and I are headed out... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monster and I are headed out...
Page 1 of 1