Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Me and Slim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 1:04 am

I rode Slim the other day and decided to do a bit of jumping. (I've only jumped a few times so I look like crap.) I think I might have a jumping prospect on my hands LOL. He loves to jump and I think he has some potential.

And I got some video. (again I look horrible but Slim looks pretty good)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUz6jQxgkCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Bx9bcPh84

Me and Slim HPIM1375

Me and Slim HPIM1362

Me and Slim HPIM1352

Me and Slim HPIM1365

Me and Slim HPIM1355

Me and Slim HPIM1351
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 6:26 am

you know I used to ride 3 day eventers and have a background with hunters/jumpers and I really like that 3rd pic... he shows good form and a cute expression if you can find someone to take some lessons from I think you both could do quite well! Keep the loose reins like you are doing because it show trust to him and you won't be bumping him if you loose your balance... you don't look bad either so quit being so hard on yourself! but remember to keep your eyes up and ride him forward I think that is what it looks like got you into trouble that one time it looks like you were looking down and then you started to mess with him. He definately likes to be left alone the less you do the happier he is that will teach you a lot... you are to be commended for riding with a helmet never jump w/o one but I would suggest working on your lower leg a little bit more practice relaxing your knees and letting your weight go into your calves and heels kind of hard to explain but if you can find Sally Swifts book called Centered Riding she does a pretty good job of it... if you need I can look up her description and quote it for you... Keep things fresh if you are wanting to jump and don't jump more than 1 or 2 times a week or you can end up with soundness issues good flat work is essential for good jumping!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 9:58 am

Good PICS. What a cute horse.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 3:22 pm

Those are some very cool pics! All I have to say is OPEN YOUR EYES!!! LOL! J/K! It looked like maybe your eyes were looking down or something.

On the days you dont jump Slim, maybe you could do that on Chief. Leanne said that Chief had very good form when he would jump the creeks in the pasture.

Those are some good action shots, you should put some on myspace!
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 3:30 pm

I had my eyes opened on most of them but with how far away my friend was sitting it was hard to see them. I'm probably blinking in some of them too.

I'll ride Chief but you're getting on him first LOL. And that's only if the arena ever decides to stop being a swimming pool of sand and dries up.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 4:14 pm

What?!?! You dont want to ride my saddle bronc?!?! I think he did it cause it was me on there.

I will ride him first and the the bucks out of him! Ive jumped him before, and he seems to like it. He does it in the pasture all the time.

That would be cool if you did do some jumping. Were you there yet when Corley was there? SHe would have been someone who could help you.

They do have jumping shows at Mystic Acres!
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 4:33 pm

I was there when she was there but she was only there for a couple months. I never saw her ride. I would love to take lessons some day but I've got to save up to send Emma where Vegas is at next year. Times like these I wish the arena was covered so it wouldn't have to be locked forever. At this rate I don't think it will ever open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Me and Slim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and Slim   Me and Slim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and Slim
Page 1 of 1