Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS

Go down 
+2
ljb
smokey
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 9:53 pm

My guesses:

Futurity-
Heartswideopen - Looks unbeatable
Racing Streak - Only other one I remember from trials

$20 exacta

Derby-
Remember Me Rose - I hope she runs better
Call It Anywhere

$5 ex box
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 11:39 pm

I'm going with the top 3 qualifiers......fillies of course: cheering

Heartswideopen
Racing Streak
Eye of Glory

$20 trifecta box for both races

Remember Me Rose
La Lalique
Screamin Bye
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 1:27 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Heartswideopen Heads Ruidoso Futurity (G1) Field Sunday

Heartswideopen winning her Ruidoso Futurity
trial by three lengths.

—JUNE 6, 2007—Heartswideopen, a brown filly owned by Javier and Manny Rodriguez, looks to be the horse to beat on Sunday in the grade 1 $500,000 Ruidoso Futurity at Ruidoso Downs.
Trained by Carl Draper the Feature Mr Jess filly out of two-time champion and champion producer Dashing Phoebe easily opened up on her competition in the first of 16 trials to win by 3 lengths in :17.335. Bred by Dreams Come True Ranch, the 350 yard clocking with fastest of the day.

Heartswideopen, started at the top of the New Mexico juvenile ranks in her career debut when she was a romping winner of her 300-yard maiden race in :15.21, which held up as the fastest 2-year-old maiden-race time for the Sunland season.

She then lived up to the hype in her trial to the West Texas Futurity trial with a daylight win and the fastest-qualifying time of :15.12. However, the filly disappointed in the finals, when she finished sixth as the odds-on favorite.

Jerry Windham’s Racing Streak posted the second fastest qualifying time of :17.511 seconds. The Streakin Sixes filly has done everything correctly in her two-race career with two wins. She won her maiden at Manor Downs before joining the James McArthur stable at Ruidoso Downs. Racing Streak won her Ruidoso Futurity trial by more than a length.

Isidro Flores’ XO Kate joins Heartswideopen as the only finalists with futurity experience. The Stoli filly finished seventh at 7-2 odds in the Remington Park Futurity after being pushed to rail at the break and then was supplemented at a cost of $15,000 to the Ruidoso Futurity trials.

Racing for trainer Heath Taylor, XO Kate pulled away in her trial to win by three quarters of a length in :17.569, the fourth-fastest qualifying mark.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 1:31 pm

La Lalique Faces Toughest Field of Career in Ruidoso Derby

La Lalique and One Perfect Storm set the
fastest two times in the derby trials.

—JUNE 6, 2007—Fastest-qualifier La Lalique will be looking to defeat major stakes winners Remember Me Rose and Saint Shackleton to win the $220,919 Ruidoso Derby Sunday afternoon at Ruidoso Downs.
A $100,000 Ruidoso Select Yearling Sale purchase, by Corona Cartel, lived up to expectations by winning the first of three trials by a neck over second-fastest qualifier One Perfect Storm. La Lalique covered the 400 yards in :19.552 while the Royal Evening Snow gelding was given a :19.606 time for running second.

Five-time defending national champion trainer Paul Jones trains La Lalique for owners R.D. Hubbard, DWF Racing and Johnny T.L. Jones Jr.

Major stakes winners Remember Me Rose and Saint Shackleton barely made the finals. Saint Shackleton finished third in his Ruidoso Derby trial with the ninth-fastest time of :19.975. Remember Me Rose was fourth in her trial when she faded in her first start in six months. Her time of :20.010 is the 10th-fastest time.

Saint Shackleton, a Check Him Out colt racing for Spence Peterson, moved to the front in the freshman ranks at Ruidoso Downs a year ago when he finished in a dead heat for the win with Okey Dokey Fantasy in the Ruidoso Futurity. He went on to finish second in the Hobbs America Futurity as the 2-1 favorite.

Azoom, LP’s Remember Me Rose was almost the champion 2-year-old filly last year after winning the inaugural $300,000 Southwest Juvenile Championship, running second as the favorite in the $625,000 Rainbow Futurity (G1) and winning the Ford Juvenile Challenge Championship (G2). The Corona Cartel filly is trained by Ben Torres.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: THIS IS KNOWN AS 'GIRL POWER WEEKEND'   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 6:59 pm

RAGS TO RICHES LED IT OFF, THEN THIS SNOW IS COLD, REMEMBER ME ROSE IN AN ALL GIRL TRIFECTA AND HEARTSWIDEOPEN IN AN ALL GIRL SUPERFECTA. MISS KITTY'S BAR BET WAS THE SECOND FASTEST QUALIFIER TO THE ED BURKE BUT ONLY 3/100 SLOWER THAN CARTER'S CARTEL. I'D SAY THIS WEEKEND WILL BE ETCHED IN STONE FOR ME REMEMBERING ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS..................SORRY GUYS BUT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN THIS WAY VERY OFTEN. Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: GIRL POWER   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 2:39 pm

Remember Me Rose, La Lalique 1-2 in Grade 1 Ruidoso Derby

RUIDOSO DOWNS, NM—JUNE 10, 2007—In the Grade 1 $220,000 Ruidoso Derby Sunday afternoon, Remember Me Rose showed her class with a valiant head decision over fastest-qualifier La Lalique in:19.441 for the 400 yards.
The two Corona Cartel fillies were the two favorites and they lived up to the crowd’s expectations with Remember Me Rose getting the nod at the finish line.

“We broke in front and she’s a great filly who always give her best,” said jockey Esgar Ramirez of the Corona Cartel daughter who was the runner-up in the 2006 champion 2-year-old filly voting.

Owned by Enrique Carrion’s Azoom LP and trained by Ben Torres, Remember Me Rose was rebounding from a disappointing fourth-place finish in her trial that was only good for the 10th-fastest qualifying time. The Ruidoso Derby trial was her first out in nearly six months.

“We’re just trying to get her ready for the Rainbow Derby trials (July 7) and she needed that out,” Ramirez said of the trial finish.

Remember Me Rose, the 19-10 second choice, won last year’s inaugural $300,000 Southwest Juvenile Championship and the Grade 2, $150,000 Ford Juvenile Challenge Championship, and was second as the odds-on favorite in the Grade 1, $625,000 Rainbow Futurity.

Remember Me Rose earned $115,899 in the Ruidoso Derby to raise her career earnings to $648,890.

Owned by R.D. Hubbard. Toby Keith and Johnny T.L. Jones, La Lalique set the fastest-qualifying time of :19.552 for 400 yards while winning the first of three trials for trainer Paul Jones. She was the 18-10 favorite with Freddie Martinez riding.

Heavenly Trip, a 20-1 Splash Bac filly, was a neck behind La Lalique for third.

sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers

Heartswideopen Awesome In Ruidoso Futurity Sunday

RUIDOSO DOWNS, NM—JUNE 10, 2007—Javier and Manny Ramirez’s Heartswideopen is the only horse eligible for the $4 million All American Triple Crown bonus after an overwhelming victory in the Grade 1, $500,000 Ruidoso Futurity on Sunday afternoon at Ruidoso Downs.
The $4 million bonus, the richest bonus in Quarter Horse racing, goes to the connections of any horse who can win the Ruidoso, Rainbow and All American futurities. The Grade 1, $625,000 Rainbow Futurity is on July 22 and the Grade 1, $2 million All American Futurity is on Labor Day. The horse’s connections would earn a total of $5.5 million with the bonus and the winner’s share from each race. The only horse to sweep the three futurities was Special Effort in 1981, which was before the bonus was instituted.

The Ruidoso Futurity win also earned Heartswideopen, a $60,000 Ruidoso Select Sale yearling purchase, a berth in the $300,000 Southwest Juvenile Championship on Dec. 1 at Zia Park.

Ridden by Oscar Hernandez, Heartswideopen raced the 350 yards in a near-track record :17.089 to earn $250,000. The track record of :17.006 was set by the 4-year-old Planet Holland last summer. The :17.089 is believed to be the fastest 350 yards two-year-old time in Ruidoso history.

“She ran a perfect race,” said Hernandez. “She had the lead from the start.”

The Carl Draper-trained Heartswideopen, the 1-2 favorite, finished an easy one-and-a-quarter lengths ahead of 12-1 longshot Eye Of Glory, a Mr Eye Opener filly, while 20-1 outsider Three Past Six, a Tres Seis filly, was third in field of 10 two-year-olds.

Heartswideopen has been sensational in her 5-race career with four victories and a sixth-place finish in the Grade 1, $266,000 West Texas Futurity as the 7-10 favorite.

Bred by Dreams Come True Ranch, the daughter of Feature Mr Jess and 2-time champion and champion producer Dashing Phoebe was the fastest qualifier to the West Texas Futurity and the Ruidoso Futurity. She won her Ruidoso Futurity trial by three lengths in :17.335 for 350 yards, the fastest time from 16 trials.

Heartswideopen’s Ruidoso Futurity trial victory was her first start after her West Texas defeat as the strong favorite. “I was concerned, but not worried. I just watched her training and she was training well,” said Draper, who conditioned 2005 world champion DM Shicago to wins in the 2004 All American Futurity and the three Ruidoso Downs’ derbies in 2005.

Heartswideopen will now point to the Rainbow Futurity trials on July 6.

cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering

JUST A SHORT ONE: PLEASE NOTE THAT "THE GIRLS" WERE THE SUPERFECTA IN THE FUTURITY AND THE TRIFECTA IN THE DERBY !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS   RUIDOSO FUTURITY  & DERBY TRIALS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RUIDOSO FUTURITY & DERBY TRIALS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2