Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kindergarten Futurity

Go down 
+3
Karen Cummings
Kidd Kuhlmann
ljb
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Kindergarten Futurity Empty
PostSubject: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 4:20 pm

They just finished the draw for the trials for the Kindergarten Futurity at Los Alamitos and there are going to be 13 trials. Jaime Gomez has 11 in the trials, Bassett has 1, C. Joiner has 3, and Paul Jones as 20... i'm not sure on the other trainers, but we will know shortly when they are posted on equibase...
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 4:38 pm

I wish they would hurry up Razz bounce I wanna know who is where!!! Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
ljb

ljb

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2007, 8:07 am

Congratulations to the connections of Shez Snow Quick by This Snow Is Royal out of Shez Real Quick by Royal Quick Dash--very interesting pedigree. O/B-Marcus Smith; Trainer-Donna McArthur and Jockey-Sam Thompson. bounce cheering Dancing Very interesting pedigree.

Another qualifier with a very interesting pedigree is the filly Tres Spice by Tres Seis out of Sporty Spice by First Down Dash. Lots of sibling relationships in this pedigree. According to TesioPower, the mare was a NW. Congratulations to all those connections. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 2:37 pm

The fastest qualifier, MISS KITTYS BAR BET, is by a Freshman sire, SUM FUN TO BET, a son of STRAWFLY SPECIAL out of DOWN WITH DEBT by FIRST DOWN DASH. And, her dam is FAMES EASY by DASH TA FAME.

KAREN, you need to post the pedgree here for people to see, It is really interesting and brings out alot of the crosses in color so you can easily see where the same names show up.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 2:57 pm

I was wondering how TR Dasher is bred also. Never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 3:18 pm

Bobbey,

I don't know how to do it here. The pedigree programs allows you to attach to an e-mail but I don't have a clue how to do it here. However, the ped is at allbreed. Does this forum have a file area where I can upload it?

TR Dasher 1998 is a son of First Down Dash out of Tylers Cutie by Beduino. This ped is also at All Breed Database.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 5:22 pm

I tried copy and paste but it doesn't do well so here is the link:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/tr+dasher[img]
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 5:23 pm

Someone on the Quarters this past Saturday said he stands at Doc Allred's Rolling A Ranch........
Back to top Go down
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 5:57 pm

Smokey,

I think that is correct. I have a pedigree program--how would I go about posting the pedigrees on the forum? Any ideas? Question Idea

Thanks in advance,
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 8:03 pm

Hi Karen: In the FAQ section it says:

"
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."

When you click on reply there is an option to insert an image and that takes you to Servimg.com and then you can upload there. I tried sending the pedigree to their web server (which is Servimg.com) but it told me it was the wrong format. I'll send an email to the administrator and ask why copy and paste doesn't work. I don't know how to make a word document into an image format if it can be done at all.
Back to top Go down
Andy Gooding

Andy Gooding

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 9:49 pm

smokey wrote:
Someone on the Quarters this past Saturday said he stands at Doc Allred's Rolling A Ranch........

He does stand there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andygoodingequine.com
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 12:03 pm

Just doing a few test entries to make sure I'm doing things correctly type

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/tr+dasher
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 12:54 pm

Thanks Andy for confirming the whereabouts of TR Dasher Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 1:54 pm

TR Dasher stood his first season at stuf in NM at Double L Farms, Mike Abraham owned him I thing, and Doc Allred bought him this past year at some point...I'll be curious to see how the rest of his babies run this year and in the years to follow...
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 3:04 pm

TR DASHER did stand his first year at stud in NM and that crop raced last year. The crop racing this year is from the 2nd year he stood at stud and that was at Doc Allred's Rolling A Ranch in Atascadero, CA. They bred about 20 mares to him that year and each year since then. When visiting with Fred Scane this A.M. TR DASHER will be advertised if one of the Kindergarden Futurity qualifiers win the finals. And, plans are to advertise him in the 2008 Speedhorse Stallion Register.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 5:42 pm

Compliments of Los Alamitos.com

TR DASHER'S 2ND CROP IS A PROMISING ONE

There's just one stallion currently standing at Ed Allred's Rolling A Ranch in Atascadero, California, but his potential as a sire makes him one to watch. TR Dasher is his name and his second crop is currently competing as 2-year-olds this year.

His 2-year-old starters include sharp winner Daddy Dasher, who has been impressive from day one on the way to posting qualifying drills of :12.4 and then :12.0. Daddy Dasher, who is scheduled to run a Kindergarten Futurity trial on Saturday, debuted by winning by 3/4 lengths in a solid :15.48. Of TR Dasher's other three starters, two have hit the board. Bet She Flys, who is out of the great mare Jetsetting Girl, ran second in her debut when facing the talented Tres Spice, while the filly Freaky finished third in her first start.

"TR Dasher caught my eye in his first start," Allred said. "I thought he was the most precocious 2-year-old that season. Alan and Denise Tyler had him at the time. TR Dasher went to Mike Abraham's place in New Mexico where he stood for one breeding season. I bought him from Mike and brought him to my place. I didn't breed him to my best mares right away but now I'm breeding him to everything that I can. He could develop into a nice sire like Pritzi Dash or maybe he could become the next Walk Thru Fire."

TR Dasher was the 11th leading freshman sire in terms of winners in 2006, as six of his 13 starters visited the winner's circle. He was also the 17th leading freshman sire in money earned last year. The top babies from his first crop included Leonas TR, a winner of nearly $15,000, and Sparkle Alot, who ran second in the Zia Juvenile Invitational.

TR Dasher had a solid racing career that included a stakes win among his four victories. A winner of $51,160 on the racetrack, his racing career started with great promise. TR Dasher daylighted the field by 1 1/2 lengths in his first out and then qualified to eventual champion Dashing Knud's Ed Burke Futurity (G1)-but finished ninth after bobbling at the break. He ended his freshman campaign earning black type by winning the Mr Jet Moore Handicap. As a 3-year-old, he ran third in the El Primero Del Ano Derby (G2). He also won his Governor's Cup Derby (RG1) trial and made the final to that graded stakes race.

Out of Tylers Cutie, TR Dasher is a full brother to stakes winner Tylers First Down. She is the dam of All American Futurity winner Ausual Suspect.

That's TR Dasher's racing background; and now his ability as a sire is starting to come through with the likes of the Scott Willoughby-trained Daddy Dasher, who figures to be one to watch in the Kindergarten trials. Jimmy Glenn Jr., Dan Francisco and Hector Sanchez also have TR Dasher-babies in their stable.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Kindergarten Futurity trials recap   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 5:49 pm

Courtesy of Los Alamitos.com

KINDERGARTEN TRIAL RECAPS #1-6

TRIAL #1

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Carters Cartel :09.71 :15.445

Owned and bred by Double Bar S Ranch's Carters Cartel won the opening trial to the $366,100 Kindergarten Futurity in a time of :15.44. Carters Cartel was making amends after running third to Cash This Okie in the first 2-year-old race of the season back on April 12. And he made up in style, easily winning by 1-3/4 lengths.

"I've liked this horse from day one," said trainer Jaime Gomez, who has won four runnings of the Kindergarten this century. "He broke sharply but he went in halfway through the race, but he always does that. That's how he runs. He's always floated to the inside. That's just the way he operates."

Carters Cartel is a half brother to Governor's Cup and PCQHRA Breeders Futurity winner Tac It Like A Man. Sired by Corona Cartel, Carters Cartel is out of 1993 champion 2-year-old filly Jumping Tac Flash. First Down Dash sired Tac It Like A Man. Alejandro Luna, in his first year as the first call rider for Gomez, piloted Carters Cartel. Luna rode the Gomez-trained Vachetta to victory in last year's Kindergarten.

TRIAL #2

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Shez Snow Quick :09.79 :15.545

QUALIFIER: Go By Express.

Marcus Smith's Shez Snow Quick ran greenly but still defeated impressive maiden winner Go By Express by a half-length in the second trial. Shez Snow Quick and Go By Express both qualified to the Kindergarten final, making Go By Express the only horse to advance to the final despite failing to win his trial.

Sired by This Snow Is Royal, Shez Snow Quick stole the show in this race at 5-1 odds.

"She shied away from me at the end because she's still green," jockey Sam Thompson said. "I was just happy to see her hang on for the win at the end."

Trainer Donna McArthur has trained some nice horses for Smith over the years. In addition to Shez Snow Quick, she also saddled Mr Pie Chick to victory in the 2003 Golden State Derby. McArthur believes that Shez Snow Quick, as well as My Jess Perry, who ran in the 12th trial, are among the best horses she has trained for the real estate developer from Dallas since Mr Pie Chick.

"My husband James and I trained the mothers of those two fillies," McArthur said. "Shez Snow Quick and My Jess Perry are the first foals out of those mares. James has a couple of other 2-year-olds for Mr. Smith training in El Paso right now. They'll come to Los Alamitos later this year.

TRIAL #3

WINNER: Copa King :09.82 :15.64

Francisco Gonsalez's Copa King became the meet's first 2-year-old to win two races after edging first-time starter My Lady First in the third trial to the Kindergarten Futurity. Copa King stumbled at the start but his winning time of :15.64 was still a few ticks faster than his :15.68 clocking that he posted when he broke his maiden on April 19. Unfortunately for Copa King's connections, his winning not fast enough to make the final field of 10.

Trained by Jaime Gomez, who was picking up his second Kindergarten trial win of the night, Copa King is by Make It Anywhere out of Special Copauino. "We bought Special Copauino at the Vessels/Schvaneveldt Sale and she won her first time out," Gomez recalled. "She suffered an injury shortly after that and Francisco decided to breed her instead of campaigning her."

The Strawfly Special mare produced Special Anywhere, a multiple winner of over $25,000. Copa King's granddam is Copauino, who is the dam of Grade 1 PCQHRA Breeders' Futurity and Grade 2 La Primera Del Ano Derby winner Worth A Look. The latter was the $360,000 sale topper at the 2006 Heritage Place Winter Mixed Sale. Copauino is also the dam of stakes winner Totally Haggard.

My Lady First, who came into the trials as one of the favorites to qualify after posting an impressive :12.10 workout on April 24, faced an uphill to qualify after she became fractious in the gate. She still posted a solid effort for trainer Adan Farias and owner Joaquin Vega.

"The lack of experience did not help us," said Farias. "Starting from post 10 also hurt us because she broke out and went to the number 12 hole. If she had had a race before this race she would have done better."

Hawkins Love was scratched after flipping in the paddock prior to the going on the racetrack.

TRIAL #4

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Freaky :09.69 :15.485

Second-year sire TR Dasher had his second 2-year-old winner of the season after the filly Freaky posted a superb victory in the fourth trial to the Kindergarten Futurity. Trained by Scott Willoughby for owner/breeder Ed Allred, Freaky covered the distance in :15.48. Her time for the final 220 yards of :09.69 was the fastest of the first four trials and the third fastest from the 13 trials.

TR Dasher, a finalist to the Grade 1 Ed Burke Futurity in 2000, is currently standing at Allred's Rolling A Ranch in Atascadero, California. He previously stood at Mike Abraham's farm in New Mexico prior to being purchased by Allred. "TR Dasher has developed into a pleasant surprise," Allred said.

Freaky is out of the mare Chickasecret, who was a winner at the age of 2. Freaky's granddam is Chickasis, who ran third in the 1995 California Sires' Cup Futurity. In addition to Chickasecret, Chickasis produced Lassen County, the runner-up in the Los Alamitos Winter Derby and El Primero Del Ano Derby; Ed Burke Memorial Futurity Secretly Seymour; and Chickafirst, who ran in the Grade 2 PCQHRA Breeders Derby. Chickasis' other foal is the winner Control Freak.

Allred also revealed his the inspiration for Freaky's name.

"I named this filly after my good friend (PCQHRA President) Bud Alessio," said Allred jokingly.

Alessio, who joined Freaky's connections in the winner's circle, laughed at Allred's friendly ribbing.

TRIAL #5

WINNER: Wicked Royal Cartel :09.77 :15.63

Wicked Royal Cartel was a "freebie" said owner Abigail Kawanakoa.

"She was born at (2005 Heritage Place Winter Mixed Sale)," Kawanakoa explained. "Her mother (Wicked Winner) foaled her at the sale and I was going to buy Wicked Winner no matter what."

Kawananakoa purchased mother and newborn daughter for the sale's second highest price of $170,000. Wicked Winner, who won the 1998 Ruidoso Derby for Jane McGuire and Mike Abraham, is also the dam of Jess Wicked, a winner who earned over $20,000 and participated in two Grade 2 races.

Wicked Royal Cartel, meanwhile, improved her record to two wins in as many starts after defeating Perregaux by a half-length in the fifth division to the Kindergarten Futurity. Ridden by Cody Jensen for trainer Paul Jones, she covered the distance in :15.63.

It was a good night for Kawanakoa, as her freshman stallion Royal Miracle Dip sired trial eight winner Perksandmiracles, who went on to post the 8th fastest qualifying time to the Kindergarten final.

"I'm very excited about that," Kawanakoa said. "Royal Miracle Dip is my baby and this is his first crop. To have an opportunity to see one of his babies qualify to a top race like the Kindergarten Futurity is very exciting.

"Tonight's like a brand new feeling for me because it's been a long time since I've had a night like this," she added. "I feel fortunate to feel this way again."

When asked if a cross between Royal Miracle Dip and Wicked Royal Cartel could be in the cards, Kawanakoa had this to say: "I'm trying to get out of my box. When you've been breeding horses for a long time you tend to do things that feel comfortable. I'm trying to break out of that."

TRIAL #6

WINNER: Clickety Clique :09.95 :15.80

He ducked, jumped a shadow and ran greenly throughout, yet Vinewood Farms' Clickety Clique still managed to win the sixth trial of the night. What the Royal Quick Dash gelding was not able to accomplish was post a time fast enough to qualify to the Kindergarten Futurity final. Ridden by Carlos Bautista, Clickety Clique won by a length while covering the distance in :15.80

Vinewood Farms knew right away that Clickety Clique would not make the final, yet the owners remained upbeat about the future of their talented gelding.

"He needed an out," said George Lucas of Vinewood Farms. "Maybe if there had been a horse besides him he would have run better. There's was simply too much that he hadn't seen before. Now we have 28 days until the Ed Burke trials.

"This is a perfect prep for the Ed Burke trials - that's essentially what this amounts to now," Lucas added.

"We knew that we were taking a risk running him without giving him an out," trainer Juan Aleman said. "He had never seen the whip before until now because he never had to see in his works."

"He'll be alright," Aleman concluded.

Clickety Clique's works were considered among the best posted so far this season, as he recorded a :12.3 clocking on March 20 before posting an eye opening :12 drill on April 12. His dam is Corona Clique, who posted the fastest qualifying time to the 2003 Kindergarten Futurity before running fourth against champion Hawkish in the final.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Kindergarten trials (cont)   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 5:50 pm

TRIAL #7

WINNER AND FASTEST QUALIFIER: Miss Kittys Bar Bet :09.59 :15.325

How good is the broodmare Fames Easy? All she ever does is produce Grade 1 type horses, such as this year's top qualifier to the Kindergarten Futurity - the impressive winner Miss Kittys Bar Bet.

Owned by Dr. Steve Burns and trained by Hector Jaime Hernandez, Miss Kittys Bar Bet won her trial by two lengths while posting the fastest qualifying time of :15.32. Her final 220-yard clocking of :09.59 was also the fastest of the night - 6/100ths of a second faster than Daddy Dasher.

"Every horse Fames Easy throws ends up being a Grade 1 finalist," said Hernandez, who trained Ynot Bar.

Dr. Burns acquired Fames Easy and Miss Kittys Bar Bet earlier this year from Loretta Loebs following the death of her father, longtime racing enthusiast Frank Pregelli. Burns also acquired Ynot Bar and a colt out of Ynot Bar as part of this transaction.

Claimed for $4,000 by Pregelli, Fames Easy went on to produce Dont Dink With Me, Ynot Bar and The One I Am. Dont Dink With Me was the runner-up in the 2001 Kindergarten Futurity while Ynot Bar ran second in the 2005 Governor's Cup Futurity and qualified to the Los Alamitos Two Million Futurity. The One I Am made the field to last year's Ed Burke Million Futurity and ran fourth in the Governor's Cup Futurity.

Miss Kittys Bar Bet' sire is the freshman stallion Sum Fun To Be, who stands at Market Demand Farms, Inc. in Chamberino, New Mexico. The son of Strawfly Special earned Register of Merit in 2001 and in his career earned $26,512 while winning two races. Market Demand Farms houses Quarter Horse stallions Chicks Regard, First Thoughts and Impecably Bred and the Thoroughbred Scatmandu.

As the favorite in her maiden race, Miss Kittys Bar Bet ran fourth against a field that included Kindergarten finalist Freaky. The race, however, was exactly what she needed according to her trainer.

"She learned a lot in that race," he said. "That experience is what helped her produce this win. We lost that race but this is the reward to having run there. Hopefully she'll be pumped for the final now."

TRIAL #8

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Perksandmiracles :09.76 :15.595

Owner Jaime Godinez can thank TVG's "The Quarters" for his newfound love in Quarter Horse racing. "Thoroughbreds were my passion but then I started watching "The Quarters" and that got me hooked on the breed. I believe that you get more bang for your buck with the Quarter Horses."

Godinez, who works in Southern California's garment industry, first became involved in the sport with claimers. He now owns six babies - three of which have already won this year.

"Perksandmiracles ran better than I expected," he said. "She got disqualified from third and placed ninth in her maiden race. She showed a lot of speed at the end of this race. To be in the Kindergarten is like a dream come true."

Godinez purchased Perksandmiracles for $10,000 at last year's Los Alamitos Equine Sale. The daughter of freshman stallion Royal Miracle Dip and the stakes placed mare This Perks Is Royal, Perksandmiracles covered the distance in :15.59.

Royal Miracle Dip won the Holiday Handicap and qualified to the Los Alamitos Million Futurity and Golden State Futurity. He is a half brother to champion Florentine. This Perks Is Royal won three races and made over $25,000 in her career. She has produced Classic Royal Perks, the winner of the Dutch Mastes III Futurity, and Royal Classic Power, the winner of the Great Falls HRA Futurity.

TRIAL #9

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Cash This Okie :09.73 :15.46

Much was made of the 19 mph tail wind that aided Cash This Okie's maiden victory back on April 12. Was his impressive winning time of :15.40 on that night purely the result of the strong wind? Robert Hickman's Cash This Okie quieted his doubters by delivering a superb victory on the way to posting the fourth fastest qualifying time of :15.46.

"Earlier tonight there was a little tail wind," said trainer Jimmy Glenn Jr. "I looked at the flag before Cash This Okie's race and there was zero wind. (Jockey Jeff Williams) said he slipped for a couple of jumps but once he got his feet under him, away he went. He's a real sound horse and that's the most important thing."

Glenn Jr. will now get his first taste of a Grade 1 futurity at Los Alamitos courtesy of Cash This Okie. "I had a horse in last year's Los Alamitos Super Derby," Glenn Jr. said. "I'm looking forward to my first futurity at Los Alamitos."

A fixture in the Northwest Quarter Horse circuit, Glenn Jr. is now racing horses at Los Alamitos on a year-round basis.

"I would come down here on and off but I would just be a claiming trainer," he explained. "I would bring horses, they would get claimed and I would go home. Over the last couple of years I've been able to convince my owners that Los Alamitos is where we need to be. I sold the idea to my owners and they decided to give it a go. People like Butte Crest Ranch, Robert Hickman and the Nelsons have given me great racing stock and they've made it possible for me to come to Los Alamitos with an opportunity to do some good."

While the Kindergarten will represent his first futurity foray at Los Alamitos, Glenn Jr. is no stranger to competing in big race.

"I've had horses in a lot of big futurities and derbies in the Northwest," Glenn Jr. "That's all we did over there. I believe that training the claimers here made me a better all-around trainer."

This season, Glenn Jr. has won 16 races for an impressive winning ratio of 20%.

TRIAL #10

WINNER: Tres Down The Cash :09.80 :15.67

Cody Alldridge, a real estate developer from Dallas, Texas, enjoyed a great start to his career as a Quarter Horse owner after his filly Tres Down The Cash won her trial to the Kindergarten Futurity at odds of 15-1. While she failed to qualify, Tres Down The Cash had the distinction of being the only horse to come from far back to win a trial. She rallied from fourth to win by a nose in a time of :15.87.

"This is my first race ever," Alldridge said. "I have three other horses but this is my number one right now. I bought her at the Los Alamitos Equine Sale last year and I think she's a special one."

Alldridge purchased Tres Down The Cash, a daughter of Tres Seis and the first foal out of First Down Dash filly First Down Chicky, for $18,000 at the Equine Sale.

"I was in the midst of working out the details to buy another horse when I saw her getting ready to go into the sale ring," Alldridge said. "It was love at first sight. Right away I knew that she was the horse for me."

Alldridge has picked up the racing bug in a big time way over the past year.

"It all began when I was looking for a barrel horse for my daughter Jaisi," he said. "That's how I met Terry Teeples, who has a place in Utah where he stands Proudest Effort. I was also living in Utah at the time so I got to know Terry. He is such enthusiastic horseracing fan that he really got me going. When I came to the Equine Sale I brought Terry along."

Alldridge now describes himself as a Quarter Horse racing junky.

"I'm living and breathing it now," he said. "The bug bit me. I've been to the races a lot since then and TVG is now my favorite channel and "The Quarters" is my favorite show. I bought my first racehorse, a weanling, last May or June from a breeder in Preston, Idaho. Then I bought a filly at the Utah Quarter Horse Sale but I've since sold her to Terry. I also have a 2-year-old currently in training at Remington Park. I have five kids and they all love it. And my daughter Jaisi, she really loves it."

TRIAL #11

WINNER AND QUALIFER: Daddy Dasher :09.65 :15.445

Ed Allred's Daddy Dasher posted one of the most impressive wins of the night when equaling the second fastest qualifying time of :15.445 to the Kindergarten Futurity. Trained by Scott Willoughby, Daddy Dasher improved his record to a perfect two for two.

The TR Dasher gelding, who previously broke his maiden with a time of :15.48, took the lead shortly after the start on the way to a 1-3/4 length victory.

Allred consigned 10 TR Dasher babies at last year's Equine Sale. He ended selling four of the 10, including a filly out of the mare Groupy for $4,700.

"They weren't going for a lot of money so we bought back a couple of them," Allred said. "They'll go for more this year."

Daddy Dasher was not one of the 10 consigned to the sale.

"He was a good looking (horse) so we decided to keep him," Allred said. "We did sell his mother carrying his full brother for next to nothing."

Moms, a mare sired by Jazzing Hi, sold for $1,500 despite a broodmare career in which she produced many hard-knocking horses. Her sons and daughters included Mummy, a winner of more than $30,000 and the runner-up in the Lassie and Huntington Beach handicaps, and Genester, a winner of four races and more than $20,000.

"Moms is a half-sister to Perfect Mom, who ran second in the California Sires' Cup Futurity," Allred added. "(Moms) was 14-years-old when we sold her."

Two horses will now represent Allred in the Kindergarten Futurity. In addition to Daddy Dasher, the owner will have Freaky on his side. Scott Willoughby will saddle the two TR Dasher babies.

"Scott is a good man," Allred said. "He's well organized in everything that he does. He has great integrity and we think the world of him. He had some very good horses for Christian and Ru Anna Singletary and I'm glad that he's able to reshow his talent as a trainer."

Daddy Dasher's biggest obstacle heading into the Kindergarten final will now be to stay as healthy as possible.

"He was off his feet for a while," Allred admitted. "He felt better in the last couple of days."

TRIAL #12

WINNER AND QUALIFER: Fighter On Fire :09.79 :15.595

Sum Fun To Bet, TR Dasher, Corona Caliente and Royal Miracle Dip are a couple of the new stallions that will be represented in the Kindergarten Futurity final. When it comes to Fighter On Fire, his sire is one of the greatest of all-time and his name is First Down Dash, the sport's all-time leader in money earned.

Bred by Shultz Ranch, Fighter On Fire was red hot on Kindergarten night, winning the 12th heat by a 1/2 length in a time of :15.595. Trained by Adan Farias for owner Joaquin Vega, Fighter On Fire tied for the eighth fastest qualifying time to the Kindergarten Futurity.

The Mexican-bred colt is out of the outstanding mare Chenille, who is the dam of more than a dozen foals of racing age. Her best is Firstdown Touchdown, who won 10 races and earned $188,764. Firstdown Touchdown won the El Primero Del Ano Derby down the straightaway and the Bull Rastus Handicap around the turn. Chenille is also the dam of La Primera Del Ano Derby runner-up Our Honey Bunny and Begum Beduino, who was a finalist to the Miss Kindergarten Futurity. Chenille is also the dam of four other stakes finalist - not counting Fighter On Fire.

Rodrigo Aceves piloted Fighter On Fire, who won his trial by a half-length over My Jess Perry and Your Valentino. Fighter On Fire is the only horse in this year's field to qualify to the Kindergarten without making a previous start.

TRIAL #13

WINNER AND QUALIFIER: Runs Hot :09.71 :15.53

Ken O'Brien's Runs Hot kept her cool when a couple of horses acted up during the 13th and final trial to the Kindergarten Futurity. Her professionalism paid off, as she broke cleanly on the way to an easy 1-1/4 length victory and more importantly, a spot in the Kindergarten final to be held on May 19.

"The credit goes to Paul Jones," said O'Brien, who purchased Runs Hot at the 2006 Ruidoso Yearling Sale. "In her first race, she flipped in the gate. Paul did a great job working with her to improve her manners. She stood in there like a pro tonight."

Runs Hot, who ran second to Daddy Dasher in that outing, covered the distance in :15.53 to make her the sixth fastest Kindergarten qualifier.

Sired by first time stallion Corona Caliente and being the first foal out of the mare Wildest Woman, the purchase of Runs Hot was a bigger risk than usual. O'Brien didn't see that way.

"When I first saw Runs Hot she had the look that I wanted," O'Brien said. "She looked very athletic and that's what I was looking for. I told a couple of friends at the sale that I was going to buy that filly. Right when I said (Runs Hot) turned around and looked right at me. My friends laughed and said, 'hey, you better buy her now.' "

O'Brien got his filly and now she'll be running in the famous Kindergarten.

"I can't afford to spend a ton of money on a baby, so I went with a young sire with great bloodlines," O'Brien added.

Corona Caliente earned over $118,278 in his career, while running in the Los Alamitos Million Futurity and Golden State Futurity. He is a full brother to millionaire Corona Cash and stakes winners Corona Czech and Valiant Hero as well as Grade 1 finalists Coco Corona. He is a half brother to top sire Corona Cartel.
Back to top Go down
Bobbey Phillips

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 9:55 am

Hi Smokey,
I tried to reply to this earlier and it may have went to you privately as I was responding to a private message. Did you get my message???
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your post on the Kindergarden Trials was fantastic!!! You had so much great information about each winner and their connections that it was very interesting!!! How long did it take you to post all of that??? Thank You Very Much!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 1:01 am

Sorry to get in on this so late... been away from my computer for over a week!!!

Did anyone see these trials?
I'm interested in the 4th fastest qualifier - what does he look like?

We've got a half sister to his momma and I've only seen one other member of the family...
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Kindergarten pre-race article from Los Al   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 9:11 pm

Week of: May 14, 2007

Kindergarten Headlines Upcoming Los Al Stakes Schedule

Miss Kittys Bar Bet posting the fastest time
in the 2007 Kindergarten Futurity trials.
Photo by: Scott MartinezLOS ALAMITOS RACE COURSE, CYPRESS, CA—The first of seven major futurities to be contested at Los Alamitos in 2007 will be decided on Saturday, May 19 when 10 2-year-olds will race in the $366,100 Kindergarten Futurity at 300 yards. The field will be headed by fastest qualifier Miss Kittys Bar Bet, who posted the surprising fastest qualifying time of :15.32 in the May 5 trials.
Miss Kittys Bar Bet is by the young sire Sum Fun To Bet, who is the son of World Champion Quarter Horse Down With Debt. Steve Burns purchased Miss Kittys Bar Bet from Loretta Loebs, who sold her interests in Quarter Horse racing after the untimely death of her father, Frank Pregelli. Burns also acquired Miss Kittys Bar Bet's dam Fames Easy as part of the transaction.

Ed Allred, the owner of Los Alamitos Race Course, will go after his first ever Kindergarten victory with homebreds Daddy Dasher and Freaky on Saturday. Promising young stallion TR Dasher sired both Daddy Dasher, who is undefeated in two starts, and Freaky. Scott Willoughby will saddle the two geldings.

Jaime Gomez, who has won the Kindergarten four times since 2000, has a chance to make it five with Carters Cartel. A half brother to multiple Grade 1 winner Tac It Like A Man, Carters Cartel is a Corona Cartel colt owned by 2006 AQHA Champion Owners Double Bar S Ranch LLC. Owned by Sharon List and her daughters, Dawn and Rhonda, Double Bar S Ranch LLC is also going after their first Kindergarten win ever.

Rodrigo Aceves, last year's leading Quarter Horse jockey, is expected to pilot Fighter On Fire in the Kindergarten despite having qualified Miss Kittys Bar Bet to the final. The reason for this is that Aceves rides first call for trainer Adan Farias, who conditions the First Down Dash colt. The question now becomes, who will ride fastest qualifier Miss Kittys Bar Bet? The draw for the Kindergarten will be held on Wednesday morning at Los Alamitos.

Cash This Okie, an Okie Dokey Dale gelding who is also undefeated in two starts, Shez Snow Quick by This Snow Is Royal, Runs Hot by Corona Caliente, Go By Express by First Down Express and Perksandmiracles by Royal Miracle Dip will complete the field.

Paul Jones, the perennial AQHA Champion trainer, will saddle Runs Hot and Go By Express in search of his first Kindergarten winner.

The weekend action will kick off with Friday's running of the 100-Yard Sprint Stakes. This will be only the third 100-yard dash ever held at Los Alamitos. Quality Corona holds the track record at this distance of :06.59. The 100-Yard Sprint Stakes will offer the fans a great view of the exciting loading and breaking of these powerful athletes out of the gate.

Courtesy of www.losalamitos.com

Sorry the fastest qualifier's picture, Miss Kittys Bar Bet, wouldn't post.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: PICK THE KINDERGARTEN TRIFECTA BOX   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 4:54 pm

SINCE WE'RE INTO CONTESTS I FIGURE WE MIGHT AS WELL DO THIS ONE TOO. PP'S AVAILABLE WHEN THEY COME UP......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:05 pm

Ohh - Count my IN!!! I already have my sentimental favorite...so I KNOW not to bet on him - since when I do that they come in last!!!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Heritage Futurity & Derby picks   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:30 pm

Andy Gooding started a contest on the above thread. Don't forget to place your picks there. Very Happy Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Futurity   Kindergarten Futurity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kindergarten Futurity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next