Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My breeding set-up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 1:30 pm

Some of you have expressed an interest in seeing this, and sorry... just got to it! The first picture, you come out of the barn area with the mare and baby, go straight to the brown gate, where the baby is kept. Go in with mare and baby, come out with mare, shut baby up.

My breeding set-up Breedingwall1

Now, you get the mare, you can either go in front of the dummy or behind it, whichever (notice where the dummy is, if there's a mare on the other side, she'll be touching her baby; handler can either by in with the baby or in front of mare, whichever they prefer.

My breeding set-up Breedingwall2

Then you bring her around to where like the "stocks" are, where she can touch her baby, and you can either "tie" her to the small post on the left or the actual breeding post on the right... that's one place we screwed up, should've got a bigger post and left enough of it on the left-hand side.

My breeding set-up Breedingwall3

I come in with Kid from the other side of the pen, through another big gate, go straight to the wall, he teases her from there. Then Rick or Trent will back her out and put her on the wall, tie her - usually we just wrap it one or two times, twitch if need be, she's by and sees her baby, Kid can do his thing... mare handler is behind the wall, and me, I'm behind the wall, too. I have a real long thick cotton rope with a chain on the end of it that Rick made for me for my stud chain.

And there ya go... it works beautifully! Works if you have to have a mare to tease for the dummy or otherwise. The only time Kid goes in this area, is when I was working him. There's a gate to the back pasture right there, and he knows if he's in the stocks getting groomed, and the golfcart is right in front of him and all the gates are open, that we're fixing to go work on the golfcart; otherwise, he even starts heading to that area, and he knows he's fixing to breed.

Also, when Rick's moving the mare around, I go over to the left of that area with Kid, where there's another gate that opens up to that pasture. Remember when Cool blew up, boy, we were heading out the big gate where the stocks are... I mean, we were RUNNING! HA!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 4:50 pm

Lynn, Bluejay, etc... ought to put your breeding thingy up for all these newbies!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 5:09 pm

Ahhhh! We get to see where you're doing your pimping! lol! That's a pretty neat set up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 9:41 pm

My set up is different since we do strickly AI.. There is a stock with foal pen in front of it for the mare and foal.. Lonnie made the phantom and and the rest of it. You can use the phantom for any size horese. It moves up and down. My lab is in the house.. Tommy still likes the mare next to the phantom. The DORK.. He is such a baby.. He likes to day dream and has to be told to jump up there... LOL scratch

My breeding set-up 4dzg955
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 9:57 am

SWEET! Shocked I want that! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 10:12 am

HA HA HA .. Cindy you are sort of right.. I like the breeding area 7C has for what she does.. If she had several mares to breed she could collect and do that too..

When we collect you would think we had a few ML of gold in that bottle.. It is so funny we even laugh at ourselves.. We take the horses back to their stalls.. Race to the house very careful not to spill a drop.

Very carefully pour it in to a warm measuring device.. Never spilling a drop.. In seconds it's under the micro scope and in the semen counter.. I kinda feel like a drug dealer... LOL.. Then we get it extended and sealed up tight.. This is not a job for someone who is too delicate to get a little semen on them.. LOL.. At least we are able to laugh at ourselves..

I need to work on Tom to get on the phantom without a mare next to it.. I have had stallions over here that have never seen one of those things and jumps right up there with mare around... scratch It is amazing to me that they would even do that..
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 12:40 pm

I tell ya, Bluejay, I'm just so danged envious of your barn... now, see if I had your barn and my land... wouldn't we be sitting pretty!

On the dummy... if the mare's not cooperating and breaking down, you'll see Kid looking at the dummy with this look in his eyes... MOM, I'M FIXING TO BREED SOMETHING! One time he did, I just let him go ahead... poor guy! He's just so mistreated, ya know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My breeding set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: My breeding set-up   My breeding set-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My breeding set-up
Page 1 of 1