Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, I got one of mine in foal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Well, I got one of mine in foal Empty
PostSubject: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 8:09 pm

Red's in foal. Vet says... how many days did you say? Well, I think 15... he says, no, try 20... I said, no, try 15 and a big filly. He said, well, okay, that'll work, too... HA!

Gotta check Cool next Friday. Larry's black cutting mare's in foal. That stupid paly mare that went 14 days on a freaking foal heat isn't bred - which I figured - never fails... so she'll be coming back.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 12:55 am

Thats awesome! Congrats!!!

Since when you check a mare in ultrasound, could you tell the sex? provided they were old enough? or no?

Hopefully she throws you a big filly!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 8:15 am

Aw, I bred her to have a filly, so we'll see. No, Very Happy you can't see that on the ultrasound... course, I guess if you ultrasounded later in the year, you should be able to tell... I mean, they can tell on us, why not horses.

That's a darned good question.... how come we can't find out what we're going to have?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 10:13 am

actually they can tell now on utlra sound the sex of our foals can remember the dates.... just need to find a vet with good enough equipment
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 10:56 am

This is true.. As long as the foal is in postion they have a 50 50 chance of getting it right.. LOL.. And, they do have to have good equipment to do this. I have two in foal and one not sure.. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 12:38 pm

When is it that the vets can determine a 50/50 guess?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 11:18 pm

We finally got all three of ours bred...
Our Chicks Beduino filly gets to come home from California as soon as the hauler gets there to pick her up!!! We got a heart beat on her last week!

The Separatist mare checked in foal, we are just waiting on a heartbeat there before we REALLY celebrate!!!

And my little mare has been checked and heart beat for a couple of weeks now. SO - we have babies due at the beginning of Feb, Mid-end Feb and early/mid March...
Fun stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 1:47 am

Congrats to everyone who's mares are now in foal!

In my one book, From Foal To Full-Grown, it says the sex is clearly visible at 8 weeks. Man, my vet is gonna hate me LOL every mare I get ultra sounded, I'm gonna be "is it a boy or a girl? Look harder!!! " lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I got one of mine in foal   Well, I got one of mine in foal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, I got one of mine in foal
Page 1 of 1