Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ECCS Update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

ECCS Update Empty
PostSubject: ECCS Update   ECCS Update Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 2:09 pm

I got an update from my trainer who's doing the trail with Tim (obviously I'm not there didn't want to miss school if I wasn't going to ride and the super-goat is sick soo I'm still home lol)

numbers in all classes are waaaay down most of the HUS classes were only 1 pointers. I also heard that the judging was all over the place forgot who the two judges were but they were looking for two different types of horses!

The hunter o/f were also down and the footing was bad then it rained and it was worse.

Trail had soso numbers not huge but you could get a few points

Hunt Seat Eq was a killer the pattern required no stirrups and so did the rail work this was for youth, ammy and select

Pleasure Driving had pretty big numbers (sorry I forgot who she said won it)

Western Pleasure had average numbers there was only 1 or 2 classes that had to be split.

Halter the numbers were waay down as in 1/2 point to a point for the win Performance halter had decent number and there were a lot of different types of horses in it but overall it was just best conformation won

I don't think she mentioned the horsemanship or showmanship and if she did I forgot Rolling Eyes sorry!

It seems that the change in week has driven away quite a few exhibitors!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

ECCS Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECCS Update   ECCS Update Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 2:15 pm

Do you think it was due to the weather or something else?
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

ECCS Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECCS Update   ECCS Update Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 3:01 pm

I'm not really sure

I know the change in week made a lot of people not come becuase it doesn't fall during spring break or whatever

but the weather made a lot of people leave early

IDk if I had a horse and the money to show there I would lol! it is such a nice facilty and well run show but people just didn't come this year!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

ECCS Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECCS Update   ECCS Update Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 4:31 pm

I know there's a quarter show that's oh, about an hour and a half from me, that the numbers used to be huge. Well, I showed in it once, and they replaced the show staff and had this nasty orange colored clay in the stalls. No matter how many shavings you put in the stall, in the mornings or in a couple of hours, you'd have a fine mist of this orange colored gunk all over 'em.... I haven't showed there since. Last time I visited last year, though, Ted Turner was helping put it on, trying to increase the number.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECCS Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECCS Update   ECCS Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ECCS Update
Page 1 of 1