Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's another funny for ya

Go down 
+4
shazgeoff
SilverBuckleHorses
Kate and Paint
7cedars
8 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Here's another funny for ya Empty
PostSubject: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:07 am

So this guy calls last night that had been looking at the 3-year old gelding we have for sale for his brother. And this guy ropes, pretty knowledgeable about horses, or at least I thought... so he asks me... Sheila, now he's Impressive-bred, right? I said, yep, on parts of it. He says, now, does he have paint papers? I said, what? He says, he has paint papers, right? I said, nope, both his parents are quarters. Still can't figure out what's going on.... and then he says,

"ISN'T IMPRESSIVE A PAINT?" affraid

I said, good Lord, no. Rolling Eyes Who told you that? Well, I used to think he was quarter, but about five months ago, some guy swore Impressive was a paint. I said you know, whoever told you that consider them a total idiot!!!!

I think I laughed - I hope he didn't take offense to it! HA! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:10 am

HAHA nice.... That guy must have felt like an idiot... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:11 am

LMAO, now that's too much. My dad has never even owned a registered horse and he knows who Impressive is lol. That's funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:13 am

lol! lol! thats so funny,some people are so nieve(sp)or thick considering i cant spell lol!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 12:02 pm

I don't know if I would consider anyone an idiot who thought that, hell theres things some of us know and some things we don't.

What someone considers basic knowledge someone else has no clue about IE bloodlines and who is or is not a QH or paint etc. If I don't know who Peppy san badger is does that mean I am an idiot scratch No means that particular bloodline of horse I don't know about because I don't do what that horse sires.

Oh well my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 12:28 pm

it took me the loooongest time to figure out SONNY DEE BAR vs. SUNNY DEE BAR scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm

I can understand a little confusion there because Impressive bloodlines are all over the Paint and Appaloosa breeding scene. I am slowly becoming more familiar with the AQHA bloodlines but many are still foreign. I have a long horsy background but not in quarter horses. I didn't know much about Impressive before we bought one.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:44 pm

Impressive is pretty old news.. Anyone who is still concerned about that horse needs to get up to date.. He is every where just like Three Bars. Basketball

Impressive is only remembered because of HYPP.. He came from Lucky Bar and Galmour Bar.. Line breeding.. That is where he got his genes.. These horses are every where all over he QH breeding.. Came from the TB Three bars.. study

People who do not know hear.. "OH STAY AWAY FROM IMPRESSIVE BREEDING.. LOL.. Well there is much more behind him no one thinlks about... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 7:47 am

I think the funniest thing about it was... he has two registered horses that he ropes off of, that have Impressive breeding, and they're not paints. He's a super nice guy, and how the other guy changed his mind about Impressive was what I thought was odd.

Didn't say a word about HYPP, but he wondered how come his gray mare didn't have paint papers.

With the double papers, a lot of these horses are going to get real blurred as to quarter versus paint, vice versa.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 10:12 am

Quote :
Impressive is pretty old news.. Anyone who is still concerned about that horse needs to get up to date.. He is every where just like Three Bars

EXACTLY!!! cheers Impressive goes to Three Bars 3 times, up close! If you read the "legends" W.H. series, it even says Impressive's original owners wanted to name him something to the effect of "Triple Bars" because of it, but later decided on "Impressive" study
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 10:30 am

I love the Legend books. I do have a paint that has Pretty Impressive on her papers. Stallion and he is QH. He sure got around inspight of his gene defect. Rolling Eyes

It will be interesting to see what happens to all these QH that have all this white on them. It does say it is not desireable. And, people are going wild over the double registry Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 10:44 am

Quote :
It will be interesting to see what happens to all these QH that have all this white on them. It does say it is not desireable. And, people are going wild over the double registry

I'm so confused by this... ok, in the rule book it tells us excessive white is bad, none above the knee yada yada yada... BUT everyone gets so excited about "CHROME" scratch I know they are two different things, but they are pretty dang close by definition study

And on the double registry thing, I know APHA has closed its doors, but how about AQHA? are they still letting a few sneak in? I thought they were done too? scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 12:26 pm

You know, speaking of this white stuff, I read something this morning that sort of blew my mind.

It, "they", said that Frank Merrill or the executive committee of AQHA is the ones who allowed the white anyway, in an effort to help the cutting, reining and race horses, which is what Merrill does. However, regarding halter, they wanted it back to the original "version" of the quarter horse, and that white was considered BAD, and that that's why some of the judges are contemplating a union, to stop this political yeyaw stuff with whoever's at the helm on the executive committee.

They also said they think there's still going to be a lawsuit about AQHA banning the H/H horses this year. Now, personally, I think that's a good thing, but because they picked on one thing versus all the other stuff, that's why a lawsuit would be filed, that they're picking on the halter people and not the other stuff.

I've got a very strong feeling, that this year and next year is going to be real strange showing in halter... real strange, that nothing is going to be consistent.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:18 pm

Since AQHA is not a color reg. Then I guess anyhorse that is from 2 AQHA parents should be let in. BUT, Id prefer them not to look like a paint.

Now the Palomino horse assoc. In thinking about applying the same rule. And since it is a color Assoc. I think it is wrong. It gives it Guidlilnes as to the color of the Ideal Palomino, Letting this happen would not allow them to be Palominos.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:32 pm

Quote :
Now the Palomino horse assoc. In thinking about applying the same rule. And since it is a color Assoc. I think it is wrong.

I'm not a member of "The Yellow Donkey" club, but I agree! What's next? The Pinto association?! scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 5:11 pm

Kell, you're behind. There's been a Pinto Association for a while. That'd be for horses that have one type of paint parent, I think, but some are not registered or who have spots.... Very Happy I think now.... wasn't a total blanket statement there, 'cuz I never did go to any of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's another funny for ya   Here's another funny for ya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's another funny for ya
Page 1 of 1