Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

4-H is ruining my show season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

4-H is ruining my show season Empty
PostSubject: 4-H is ruining my show season   4-H is ruining my show season Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 9:20 am

Brennen is doing a 4-H exchange. When he signed up, the prospective dates were different than they ended up. We couldn't back out due to a lack of kids. They were supposed to have 10 from each club, but ended up wih only 9. If Brennen had backed out, the whole trip would have been cancelled. The dates for when the other kid comes to stay with us is now right during the week of open shows known as "the milk run". 95% of all the open shows in my area are during that 9 days the kid is here. Talk about ruining my plans.
We will still get to a few. But there goes any chance for high point year end awards. And this was Brennen's final year in the younger age category.
They have all those shows in a row and people just drive straight from ont to the other. Saves on gas and such. People actually plan their days off work around the milk run.
I'm so dissapointed. I know Brennen will have a good time and learn a lot. But still, I had a whole year of looking forward to going after my truck had to get wheel bearings and an axle replaced last year.
Just had to vent.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 4-H is ruining my show season   4-H is ruining my show season Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 11:28 am

Why, can't this child go to the shows with you, I dont even have a child in 4-H and so far, I have used 4 of my vacation days for 4-H. Havent stepped in the show ring either. Im to busy, getting 4-Hers ready.. Suspect Oh, well love helping them. Wink Not to mention putting on our county fair show. Opps that reminds me, have to make a phone call Hee Hee.. study
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 4-H is ruining my show season   4-H is ruining my show season Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 1:09 pm

He's a 16 year old boy who isn't really into horses. Plus, this isn't the kind of exchange where you just spend time with your host family. We have an itinerary. There are about 3 days out of the whole time that we get to just spend hanging out at home with our exchange kids and one of those is the day I pick him up from the airport. All the rest are spent doing stuff. They go to the RCMP museum, Capone's tunnels in Moose Jaw, an old grain elevator and a terminal, a rodeo, a elk farm (not ours), a hutterite colony and a few other things.
Although I just got invited to a reining clinic with a former national team member during the time the kids go to Regina/Moose Jaw and I don't have to chaperone them those days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-H is ruining my show season   4-H is ruining my show season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4-H is ruining my show season
Page 1 of 1