Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ques for '08 Season...

Go down 
+3
REINING CHICK
RoanRider420
AQHA/OLF
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ques for '08 Season... Empty
PostSubject: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 9:47 am

Ok I am open for thought here ---
This guy will be a 3yr old stallion next year... he has 6.5 in AM, and 8.5 in Open... AQHA doesn't have pts current.. we might have a ROM in Open by now, but not sure.... so that leads to my question... should I keep him halter fit to capture a ROM in Am. & Open or should I continue his training for WP.
I was told by many he has the ability for top level for WP... so being he is approaching his prime riding time what do i do... I want to do as much as possible with his accomplishments, then he will stand at stud.

HELP!

Ques for '08 Season... Fxclk2 Ques for '08 Season... Dz8nqr Ques for '08 Season... 34485m0
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 10:49 am

I'd ride him. I'd think he'd have more value as an all-around producer.
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 11:09 am

i agree!!! ride him!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 9:53 pm

I think you can do both. He is pretty and not all heavy halter horses are winning these days.. See if you can go between.. Basketball If that is not possible I would work on the pleasure since he already has halter points.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2007, 5:03 pm

I agree do both
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 10:16 am

I know of a super western pleasure trainer here in KY, then you could stand him and have his babies in the KyIF program.. Hee hee
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 8:58 pm

I would make sure he has his rom in both am and open then I would do the riding.

We made that mistake years ago on one that we could have gotten his superior and then turn him into the rider. He was winning the halter and my son wanted to ride, so he broke him out and we never did finish the halter
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 9:34 am

Thank you everyone, I've been banging my head over this. I didn't want to send him this winter to a trainer for riding then pull him out, to fit him for halter... in this case i would send him after his ROM's.. but then would he get the true training time during the summer months?

as far as KY, I did locate a farm to stand him. There are plenty of good trainers here in NY for WP tho.

Thank you everyone for your advice- you've been very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 10:13 am

What Farm?? I have someone looking, they want me do, but I think we are going to pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ques for '08 Season...   Ques for '08 Season... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ques for '08 Season...
Page 1 of 1