Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gaining weight?

Go down 
+4
Mare
Ragdoll
Triple J Quarter Horses
REINING CHICK
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

gaining weight? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: gaining weight?   gaining weight? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2009, 9:25 pm

All depends on the oats who is putting them in the bags. Most feed grade are terrible and I wouldn't feed them to the rats. But, we have bought feed grade from Wiloc Farm store for years and they are better then the cleaned horse oats.. cheers

They did start using a different supplier and they are not as good. But, still nice oats.. I have been feeding them for YEARS.. My horses love them and they are all in good health and not one of them look like they need to eat.. Basketball

Yes JJJ, oats and any other feed can sour. So can beat pulp. You have to only soak what you are going to use that day just like beat pulp. My friend who soaks them feeds them that day.. She has never had them sour and certainly wouldn't feed them if she did.. She is one of those fancy pants Arab breeders.. Laughing

None of mine have ever had trouble chewing them. My older horses and the foals all love them. Horses that have chewing problems will with any feed that is not a soft pelleted feed. Grain mixes often have barley, corn and other stuff in it that would be hard for a horse to chew that has this problem.. study

There are a million good feeds out there. I use what my horses like and it does not cost me an arm and a leg. Likely JJJ, the reason the oats are so spendy in your area are all the halter fitters trying to get all that incentive fund money running the supply short.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: gaining weight?   gaining weight? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2009, 10:02 pm

We feed whole oats that we get from Wade's father. Never had a problem with feeding.
We store them in a 1350 bushel bin and I get as many pails as I need for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: gaining weight?   gaining weight? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 10:06 am

Is your yearling gaining any weight on your feed program? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gaining weight?   gaining weight? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gaining weight?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2