Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For All Weight Loss Strugglers,

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
Lynn M.
Merikle Waters
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Empty
PostSubject: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 12:03 am

Here is the soup diet!!

http://inet4.swtjc.cc.tx.us/swtjcpublicinf/soup%20diet.htm

I am a really picky eater, and don't like pretty much everything in the soup, but I KNOW this diet works, my sister in law is on day 5 and has already lost 8lbs. Its healthy, cleanses you, and provides results without starving yourself. If you can stick to it, you will loose weight Smile

I start this tomorrow... anyone else going to join in even a little late?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 3:07 am

just remember it is a temporary weight loss and you aren't truly loosing fat if you loose weight that quickly- it takes 3,500 calories to loose 1lb there is no possible way you can loose 10-17 lbs in 7 days sorry and with this particular diet your body goes into starvation mode and will actually burn protein (muscle mass) and demineralize your bones in order to get what it needs... stay away from fad diets. Look up the diabetic association diet figure about 2,000 calories for weight lose for a moderate active person and you will loose weight and be healthy. Sorry there is no easy way. My sister tried the fad diets lost about 20 lbs her finger nails got very brittle skin got scaly and her hair started to fall out in big clumps not a good idea vitamin supplements don't help enough. With a healthy diet you can successfully loose 1-2 lbs a week w/o causing damage to your bones and most important heart! Sorry for the rant don't want you hurting yourself. You only have one heart protect it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:43 pm

Same thing as the cabbage soup diet. Only you add a bunch of caggage to it. I lost 40lbs in a month and a half. But, it does not change your eating habits and all that weight and then some will come back.. icecream

True that these diets never work. You are better off to do weight watchers and loose it the right way and learn to eat so you do not gain it back.. SORRY. If these diets worked we would all be skinny.. No

Get it done when you are young. It's much harder and takes longer when you get older.... cake
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 10:26 pm

Well the thing is that you eat healthy stuff all day long. And really, if you really *NEED* to lose a bunch of weight especially from poor eating habits, you'd be on this diet long enough to learn how to eat properly.

My sister in law did this diet a few years back, lost about 15lbs, and never has gained it back.

I am personally just trying it out to see how it goes, however its not about starving yourself... it actually says on it that you need to stuff yourself with the soup as well as fresh fruit/veggies, and on each day meets the type of requirement you will need that day. I mean LOL one day you get to have 10-20 ounces of beef and the next 1-3 steaks Shocked which will not only meet your protein needs, but your cretin needs.

idk, for some it may be worth a try. I'll tell you how I fare Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 1:02 am

but where are the proper minerals coming from as well as the vitamins... check with any MD esp a cardiac doc and I would bet they would tell you not to waste your time and as I said go to the heart association or ADA diet and find WELL Balanced... this is all about stuffing with one thing a day a good diet is everything in moderation. That is jmho Im done...
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 1:12 am

I have heard great things from the heart assoc diet. That is what they put patients on when they are to big for heart surgery. It might take longer, but you wont be harming your main muscle (heart) while doing it.

You can still eat good stuff on the heart diet, it just takes a little longer.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 2:08 am

I can tell you coming from someone who is trying to loose weight the healthy way (exercize and portion control), any diet where you are losing more than about 3lbs a week is not going to have lasting results. Might be awesome for getting into those special jeans or that too tight dress for a special event, but let me tell you, this type of diet is going to leave you feeling grumpy and tired, even though you're full. Here's the thing, this diet has almost zero carbs. There are good carbs and bad carbs, you need good carbs to function. Your energy will depend on them. I used to train with a professional body builder who competed, I'd always know when he was trying to tighten up for competition because he would cut all the carbs out of his diet and get rid of his water weight. He was also a complete A-HOLE until he started eating right again. He knew it too, but it was the name of the game. My guess is that after four days or so, you will get really tired of this.

If you'd like to loose weight, my first suggestion would be to cut the soda out of your diet. If you'd like to lose more weight, cut your portions down by 1/3. You'll loose two or three pounds a week like that. Dietary fiber is a HUGE key in this, and what's nice is that foods high in dietary fiber will usually make you feel fuller Smile

If you still have trouble losing weight, I'd check with your dr. I always had trouble loosing weight, I had some bloodwork before my surgery and my dr. ran some extra tests to check my hormone levels, etc. Turns out I have a thyroid disorder that won't show up with your average tests. I've been on the meds and have so far lost 11lbs. That surgery did me in though, lol. Glad to be tumor free!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 1:51 pm

May not try the diet, but the soup sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:28 pm

Im not trying to argue with you Lynn, thats for sure. Who would I be to argue with a nurse?? But I am wondering, what would I be missing out on? How can I put it in my daily diet? Would a multi vitamin help?

Personally, Im on day two and tired of it, and if by the beginning of day 4 I have not lost at least 5lbs, I will stop it.

Crappy thing for me is I am a super picky eater, for example, I'll eat raw carrots but not cooked, wont eat green beans, celery or any type of onion, wont eat whole tomatoes (will eat them in a tomatoe sauce) etc. So pretty much I am not getting what I'd need from the soup. Some of it I can make up for in raw veggies, the others, I refuse to.

I hate the soup, LOL I really do. I am going to try and do it my way and make a different soup just with the lipton chicken noodle and eat that, maybe drink some broth from the other soup and stick to the diet.

Silver Buckle - Congrats on your pounds loss! cheers . It sure is nice to even have your pants loosen a little eh?

I have been dieting (excercise and portion control) since the beginning of july 08, I am very proud to say I have lost a total of 37lbs. You would have never known it as I wore my weight well, but I was edging really close to 180 (I never thought I could tell anyone that! Rolling Eyes ). I am now stuck at 143, and couldn't seem to bring my weight down (stress of my boyfriend cheating on me, and the slum of winter has not helped of course). So as a last resort and a kick in the bum I decided through the push of my sister in law to try this out.

I had my baked potatoe today, and broke the rules a little. However I think it was for the better. I used a little sour cream and some simulated bacon bits instead which added up to less calories and less fat than what was in the butter that was called for. However, no weight loss yet Smile

I work hard everyday, cleaning an 8 stall barn (although it only takes 4 hours to do the whole job), then come home to work horses and do other chores and matenience around the farm. I do think this helps as I stay active. I tried very hard working out in the fall of 07, but the results were extremely slow, not noticible, as well as I gained a lot of muscle I certainly did not want. Not to mention its like water... I hate having to pay for something I can get for free at home.

If I were to add carbs to this diet, do you think it would lessen or eliminate the results? And if I decided to... which are the good carbs?

ETA: How'd you know I am an avid pop drinker? LOL. Well although not that much healthier, I switched to diet pop a while back to get my pop fix. Really with all the garbage in it, it's probably close to as bad for me as my cigarettes... But I feel everyone has to live a little Smile

Sorry for the novel! Smile
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 10:37 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
just remember it is a temporary weight loss and you aren't truly loosing fat if you loose weight that quickly- it takes 3,500 calories to loose 1lb there is no possible way you can loose 10-17 lbs in 7 days sorry and with this particular diet your body goes into starvation mode and will actually burn protein (muscle mass) and demineralize your bones in order to get what it needs... stay away from fad diets. Look up the diabetic association diet figure about 2,000 calories for weight lose for a moderate active person and you will loose weight and be healthy. Sorry there is no easy way. My sister tried the fad diets lost about 20 lbs her finger nails got very brittle skin got scaly and her hair started to fall out in big clumps not a good idea vitamin supplements don't help enough. With a healthy diet you can successfully loose 1-2 lbs a week w/o causing damage to your bones and most important heart! Sorry for the rant don't want you hurting yourself. You only have one heart protect it!!!!

Just reading this one over again, and noticed one part I had some questions for you about. I remember always being told that starving yourself will cause your body to go into starvation mode, and will begin storing fat as a reserve. So what I don't understand, is if it has fat to use to supplement itself, why would it eat muscle protein instead?

I also think that this diet is supposed to help cleanse your body... I am not sure how it works or anything, but similar to the tea diet except you actually get to eat stuff. Do you think it even does that?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 12:13 am

The thing about the diet soda is that while it doesn't have the calories and such, what it DOES have is TONS of sodium. Sodium is going to make you retain water and it's not great for your heart to boot. Switch to tea, it sure worked for me. Smile Congrats on your weight loss, sometimes these plateaus (sp?) can be frustrating, but it's your body's way of playing "catch up". Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 11:31 am

You should be careful not to drink too much tea....It contains tanin, which washes the iron out of you body.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 11:35 am

Ragdoll wrote:
You should be careful not to drink too much tea....It contains tanin, which washes the iron out of you body.

You know I went in one time to give blood and they asked me If I had drank tea, and they told me the same thing,
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 11:36 am

Diet pop is really bad for you. When I visited 7C she makes a big picture of green tea and drinks it all day with ice in it. She feels that it's cleansing for her. She is slim. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 1:04 pm

the carbonation in pop also robs your body of calcium something us women cant afford to loose.. I don't know the ins and outs of why the body will go to using the protein and not fat just know from class and the nutritionists I have worked with that it does sorry.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 10:53 pm

Hmm, I knew that diet pepsi is bad for me, but I will take it over drinking just pepsi.

As for calcuim, I am sure I could use a boost, however I do drink milk at least once a day Smile

I am going to try and go swimming everyday after this is all over, as I just dont think things are right here.

I now weigh 140 as of this morning, however I didnt eat the soup yesterday, and haven't yet today either. Yesterday as I had a few errands to run after work I didnt get much chance to eat the fruit and veggies I needed for some real energy, so by the time I got home I felt like fainting. I said screw it and had me some cheese and whole grain crackers. I feel one million times better!!!

Please tell me this makes as little sense to you all, as it does to me. Ok, I weigh 140lbs right now, I also have a LOT of muscle mass (ie I do not have any fat on my legs, its all visible toned muscle). Yet throughout this all, I still have my little gut. With my muscle mass, I personally do not think I should weigh less than 135, which is simply 5lbs away from where I am.

What is wrong with that? should I actually weigh less, or do I just need to tone up my belly?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 5:12 am

couple things to know... swimming is excellent for you and I found it really helped with overall fitness but it will not cause you to sweat will not bring up your body temp. so you will not loose as much weight as you would like, so if you are going to a gym to swim do 20 minutes on a treadmill or stairmaster as well.... also swimming will not help with bone density which is something high impact activity ie: jogging, fast walking or aerobics will. now increased bone density will increase overall weight. If you want to thin down your middle go to a good "core" training class or if you can't, get a "core" training video. Also stay away from cheese go to yoghurt or even pb for a snack overall better for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For All Weight Loss Strugglers,   For All Weight Loss Strugglers, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For All Weight Loss Strugglers,
Page 1 of 1