Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

would you buy a horse with its tail done?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

would you buy a horse with its tail done? Empty
PostSubject: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 12:44 pm

If I can get Cletus sold (ever), I'm planning on buying myself a horse. I would like to trail ride and go to a few open s hows and give Rachel a run for her money Very Happy Some people that used to be in our 4 h club have a gelding that's getting close to 20. He's gorgeous and would do everything I'd want to do and do it well. Only problem is that at some point, someone gave him a "tail job" 2 yrs ago when we were looking, we looked at him, but I didn't have my stalls up by the house with fans/electric, etc yet. Now, I do so I would be able to stall him during the day. He's jet black so I'd have to do that regardless of the tail thing. Would you buy a horse that had its tail done in the past? Are there other problems besides the tail not working to swat flies, etc?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 12:48 pm

YES! YEP! Sure enough! hee hee Fly sheets will take care of that. Wink
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 1:14 pm

We wouldn't be able to show him at any aqha shows like Sturgis would we?
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 2:21 pm

Usually having a tail done is not a permanent thing and the horse gets feeling back in the tail after a certain amount of time. Does he have no movement left at all? That would make me wonder what exactly was done. With reiners, they always have gotten movement back in at least 6 months or so.
I wouldn't pass him up over it, if he is otherwise what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 2:37 pm

Yes, you could at the smaller AQHA shows. It would really be up to the judge as if he calls it or not. Smaller AQHA shows They really dont push it, and being in novice I think it would not pushed at all. You could have a vet check his tail and if it is damage, you can get a letter saying it is damaged and keep the letter with you. But most tails being done only last 6 months, that is true.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2009, 2:46 pm

all depends on the severity whether or not they will regain feeling nerve cells do not regenate so if they did a really horrible job your animal will suffer for life and some of these animals can't lift their tails to poop causing burns to their tails of course you would notice this immediately and that would be a huge red flag to me- with the # of horses in the market and the value of horses no I personally wouldn't buy one I knew had been done just a personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would you buy a horse with its tail done?   would you buy a horse with its tail done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

would you buy a horse with its tail done?
Page 1 of 1