Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3-D Barrel results

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 10:26 pm

I got a call this afternoon asking me if we were going to the 3-D at my neighbors. Since it is a whole 2 1/4 miles by road, I decided we might as well.
We took Tom & Vamp. The plan was that Brennen would ride Vamp & I would ride Tom.
We ended up with me riding Tom in the first jackpot & Vamp in the second. Brennen had a really slack run on her in the 1st jackpot, still brought home a 2-D check, but he could've been in the 1's.
I was in the top of the 3's on Tom. He's not really a barrel horse, so I was pleased with him.
Brennen was in the 2's on each of his runs. In his second run, they kinda tripped at 2nd. They hadn't raked it. But his 1st barrel was nice and tight. He was the youngest Junior rider by several years. He was happy that he got his money back, and that he won more than his mom:shock: .
On my run with Vamp, I ran myself out of a check. We were too darned fast:lol!: . We were bottom of the 1st D. If I had been 2 one hundreths of a second slower, we would've brought home the top 2D check. Ah well, thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Although we ride our horses plenty we don't have a good place to practise speed events at home, so we just keep them legged up and come in and run when we get to 3-D events. I think Tom would be a good barrel horse with some practise. We lost alot of time in our turns.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 10:46 am

So, it sounds like in spight of no practice you did very well. Good for you.. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2008, 1:31 pm

Brennen had to brag about how not only did he get a better time than me, that he won more money. Although it WAS nice of his mom to pay his entries:lol: . I tried to video Brennen running Vamp, but it was terribly quality. I was sitting on Tom and he did some moving around.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 5:07 pm

Well Shoot, I would have loved to see him run. Congrats. riding
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2008, 8:22 pm

HUM... scratch He did earn the right to brag and should have.. cheering nana mbs

Maybe this will encourage you to do better next time you go up against the kid... Rolling Eyes lol! ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2008, 8:51 am

I was teasing him about how the only reason he beat me was that he was riding my barrel horse & I was stuck on his horse, but when we got home I told Wade about how I got beat. And have told him several times how well he did. I ran 2 1/2 seconds faster than him when I rode Vamp, but I haven't told him that and don't plan to.
He did really good, had fun and came home with some cash. I'm hoping he'll do a few more barrel races close by. It gets him out with other kids with similar interests.
He's thinking he doesn't want me to sell Vamp. Can't blame him, she may not have great conformation, but she's a great horse to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3-D Barrel results Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-D Barrel results   3-D Barrel results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3-D Barrel results
Page 1 of 1