Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

show clothes

Go down 
+2
Bluejay
shazgeoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 6:10 pm

Where is the best place or should i say not to expensive place to get show clothes for my teenage daughter.She is 5ft 6 and very skinny.
I really need to smarten her up,she looked awful at last show.We had to borrow clothes as made big mistake and didnt try her show clothes on first,boy has she grown loads.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2008, 8:20 pm

If you are on a budget check out the second hand stores for nice clothes.. All my friends buy theirs there.. I have never been able to find anything being a larger size woman. I bought my nice halter jacket from Hobby Horse.. Then I get my dockers at the Dress Barn. EBay drunken

There are several sites you can shop. Just search the net for something local so you do not have to pay to ship over seas.. For showmanship you really need a whole different top then for halter. Halter can be done in a nice blazer (you can get any where) and slacks. Showmanship on the other hand would be more of a challenge since they are pretty flashy. I also check the venders at the shows... study

I do have a few friends who are tall and skinny as well. What size does she wear and I will ask them? They do showmanship, halter and all the pleasure classes.. One of them is so funny. She wears the same helmet she wore when she was a kid.. Laughing It stinks like must.. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 7:44 am

Danielle is in size 8 clothes,not sure what that is over with you.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 9:48 am

Get her measurements for bluejay..
my daughter was 5'6, and bone! affraid

When she was 14 She made the congress team, I had to order her a size Double 0, Oh, my gosh.. Paid 80.00 for her jeans, so she would match the rest of the team members.. have Mercy! Ive never had 80.00 jeans. Try to sell double 0 jeans! No

I agree EBAY it!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 10:24 am

How tall is she? Good grief TripleJ, I was not even that size when I was born.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 11:18 am

Ebay is great! And you can usually alter something bigger to make it smaller and ask about seam allowances on pants, I don't think the shipping would be all that terrible to ship from US to England, and you will find a much greater selection here. If you are on the pleasurehorse.com forum, people are always selling nice things and check out tacktrader.com.
My daughter is lucky, because she's pretty much standard size for a junior rider. Size 4 and about 5'5" tall and at 14, I don't expect alot more growth. She's worn her chaps since she started showing at age 10. It's getting to be quite a struggle to get them on! I guess we will be looking at a new custom pair next year. I think she can squeeze by this year.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2008, 1:35 pm

Bluejay wrote:
How tall is she? Good grief TripleJ, I was not even that size when I was born.. Dancing
I didnt know they even made them, until I call Rockies. Shocked
She is 5'7 now, inseam.. ready for this, I had to order 34 with no stacking, barely any. 36 was to much. She weighed like 90 lbs. they teased her and called the the board! geek
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 8:06 am

EBay, stuff on DreamHorse, used clothes store... or you want to get real swanky, get some great pictures of her and her horse, while they're showing, get her a resume up, take everything down to the local western store or feed store, and ask them to help sponsor her.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2008, 10:52 am

I buy stuff for Ty off ebay... great stuff for next to nothing it is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 7:17 am

She 5ft 6

Will look on Ebay and try and look for conversion chart,she approx 90 LBs aswell,makes you sick. pale Wish i was thinner.

She only 13 and growing i swear everyday.Make have to re mortage house to keep up with her clothes and growth rate Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2008, 10:03 am

I am sure glad my kids are all grown up. My little girl is 32 now.. ily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

show clothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: show clothes   show clothes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

show clothes
Page 1 of 1