Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinda disturbed by a phone call

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Kinda disturbed by a phone call Empty
PostSubject: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2008, 11:59 pm

I got a call tonight at around 10:30. People know that I'm a bit of an insomniac, so they do tend to call till around 11. That's not that unusual. But I didn't recognize the caller at first because she was crying. Turns out it was one of the 4-H kids that I've helped sometimes.
Her dad had just kicked her out of the house and she was worried about finding a place to keep her mare & foal. She wanted to see if we would board it here for now. I told her yes. Although Wade may feel differently about it cause her dad tends to be somewhat unstable.
This girl has just turned 17, is still in high school and has always been daddy's little girl. She has pretty good values and work ethic and is quite poised for her age. I don't know what the heck happened to get her dad so mad, but he was screaming at her in the back ground. I asked her at least a half dozen times if she was ok. She said she was and that her older brother was going to let her live with him and his girlfriend. Her dad has always been ultra protective of her, too much so sometimes. You have to give kids some freedom to make mistakes. Not letting them go out just makes for sneaking out and getting into more trouble.
Anyhow, I'm quite worried about her. I am going to be helping them move their stuff and pick up the horses on Monday. Maybe it'll all blow over by then. With their dad being bi-polar, who knows.
Just think, this kid just got kicked out of her home, her dad is screaming at her from the other room, and her first tought is to get a place for her horses. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2008, 11:02 am

Nice of you to take in her horses.. Just be careful you do not get in the middle of something that may indanger your family coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2008, 3:38 pm

She got it resolved, turns out he was going cold turkey from some sort of addiction, which really scares me. I have decided to stay away from this family as much as possible as we googled the dad and now know that he used to be a member of a well known biker gang and has had several arrests for assult and weapons offenses.
We will continue to be plesant to them at 4-H functions, but try to avoid contact otherwise. I feel bad for the kid, but I have to put my family 1st.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2008, 3:48 pm

You sure do>

Dont get mixed up in any of that.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2008, 9:27 pm

Anyone that freaky would be right over to your house to mess with you. Sad for the kid. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda disturbed by a phone call   Kinda disturbed by a phone call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinda disturbed by a phone call
Page 1 of 1