Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show this week end.. 4-H District added

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show this week end..  4-H District added Empty
PostSubject: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2008, 11:40 pm

OK took A youth to a show, They didnt get the health papers done on the mare of ours they usually use, so out came the fat gelding again.. Poor Tank. Its Kirts Trail Rider, We said, Hasnt been rode in a year. Been shown in Showmanship twice in his life..Never been trained a pivot! The little girls second time in showmanship, and out of 11 the got first..

She beamed. so did her parents. He stuck his pivot, His his set ups like a pro. Now walk trot wasnt to great, Hes lazy, and you have to work to keep him going, she never rode him before, and he babysat her, And the smile was worth a thousand blue ribbons!

Last edited by Triple J Quarter Horses on June 6th 2008, 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 7:57 am

Congrats to the little girl. It's nice to hear about kids doing stuff like that.
The smiles are what always do it for me. People ask why I would loan my good horses for kids to use at 4-H lessons. Do you see the smile those kids give me at the end of a good lesson? Worth every minute of work.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 11:35 am

Kay,

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love Tank. If you ever decide to get ride of your "old trail horse", just remember I'll take him.
BTW, our show did not get rained out but it was puny. How was Ohio County?

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2008, 12:50 pm

They had such a good time! Some in everyclass. I laughed so hard! Just a great day. It was hot and muggy, BUT we brought fans and so did sevearl other and they were plugged in all over, made for a nice breeze. They had a auction to raise money for the 4-Hers and raised some money had some really nice things.
PS Ill let Kirt know about Tank. Wink
So where can we go next! Question Question

The classes were split, like 13 and under, except s.s it was open. Even had a Mini in it! She could have picked it up and did the pivot with it in her arms! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Went to 4-H District yesterday.   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2008, 11:25 am

Kelsey, the little girl, that we are friends with her parents, and works out of our barn. She recieved 2nd out of 16, her mare would trot then stop and Squirt Milk.. affraid It was funny, but you had to feel sorry for the mare, well and child.

Do you all remember Nat Carr. She use to be on here, she won herself A High Point Belt buckle! On to state! cheers She said to tell everyone Hi. Especially Shelly!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 10:19 am

Now to find a practice show, Hello Denibum!
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 11:28 am

For this weekend?????
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 11:48 am

There is an open show at STurgis this weekend if its this weekend you're looking for.

BTW, RAchel has a lesson with Vicki Pitts on the 17th!!!! I am very excited. I hope she's nice. I know we're way below the level they're on...way, way below, but hopefully, she'll be nice about it.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 1:32 pm

I have one on the 9th, yes she is very nice, She will see where she is at. Talk to you both, then make a plan. Very professional and picky!
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2008, 1:39 pm

Cool... What kind of lesson do you have? She's teaching Rachel a trail class lesson.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2008, 6:52 pm

The new Showmanship No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show this week end.. 4-H District added   Show this week end..  4-H District added Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show this week end.. 4-H District added
Page 1 of 1