Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AQHA - change in showing double-registered

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

AQHA - change in showing double-registered Empty
PostSubject: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 11:24 am

Didn't know if any of you guys have heard. You guys out there that have double registered babies coming, or whatever, AQHA has now put a new rule into effect, that when you register them with AQHA, if it has a lot of white, i.e., not look quarter, they'll say EXCESSIVE WHITE on the papers. In doing so, it has been lumped in with, which I think is totally stupid, with cryptorchids, parrot mouth, etc. It's an undesireable trait. You CANNOT show these horses in halter AT ALL, if they do go in, they're supposed to be DQ'd!

Just a heads-up there. Good for the breeding stocks, which I think is why they accepted paints in the first place, but bad for others that are trying to sell and show these double-registered horses.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 2:57 pm

doesn't affect the performance classes though or if you can't see the white Cool
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 4:49 pm

Yeah, it sounds like so far it's only going to affect halter horses, but it may change in a few years. Hope not, otherwise why accept those horses in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 7:46 pm

Just more stupid rules.. LOL. They say that about HYPP too. Really comes down to what the judges do and we all know they do what they want to regardless of the rules... I bet the minimal will creep right in there. alien

I have one that is triple registered. If she has a BS I would show in AQHA.. If she had color I would go to the APHA or Pinto. I have also heard that APHA is going to take back the crop outs with out paint parent. Has any one else heard that? scratch

To me that double registry just gives you a safe place to go with the BS.. Also, I have watched the BS take all the money in the paint futurities. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 11:16 pm

I think it will mean a lot more cheaters people with horses with white like Tessa you can't see it but it is there don't report it so it isn't marked on their AQHA papers then they get their full APHA papers. People who do this intentionally just to screw the system...
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 10:02 am

I think it's great for the double registered breeding stocks - at least now there's a venue, where before, there wasn't with APHA once they get to a certain age. And yep, Bluejay's definitely right, the BS's danged sure do win in the futurities at APHA shows.

From what I'm hearing is, when you check in, hand them your papers, if you've got papers marked "excessive white", they won't let you enter into the halter class. Now, I'm not sure exactly what "excessive white" is in their rules, but I have a feeling it'll be the ones that distinctly look paint, lots of white, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 10:44 am

I can kind of understand why they are doing this though. If you read the AQHA rule book, it gives you a description of the ideal American Quarter Horse under the halter section, the ideal halter horse is solid in color. This was before the rule change and an original idea of AQHA. These paint colored horses are STILL crop outs, they do not have the ideal coloring. Halter is supposed to be judged on the traits that the QH SHOULD have. It's the same as why you can't show a BS paint in their regular classes, they do not meet the general breed standard. Chryptorchids are still AQHA horses, but they do not meet the breed standard. Yes, a lot of people will cheat, but honestly, a lot of people already do. Still stinks though, all of the outside stallions I like are all double registered and produce some super nice foals, but I wouldn't want one unless I could show BOTH APHA & AQHA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 7:42 pm

The white rule was changed a long time ago so they can have white above the knee and hauk and a bald face. That was too much in my book.. And, there was a colt around here you could not get around with the high socks.. Didn' t stop the judges from placing him first.. It wasn't until someone complained that they made them geld him. Then they changed the rule.. lol!

The papers also say HYPP is undersirable and we all know how that goes.. As far as the chryptorchids go and parrot mouth, as long as they are not shown as a breeding animal they do not even look.. Could have gelding with both and be the number one horse.. scratch

AQHA does not follow their own rule on the perfect confirmation.. That part in the rule book is just taking up space and looks good to make you think it matters.. We all know it doesn' t when you hit the halter pen.. Rolling Eyes It's all about the $$$$$$ and who has it.. jocolor
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 8:41 am

Last time I went to the APHA World show, the winning weanling colt also won the world at AQHA, just enough white above the knee.

To me, a quarter horse is a quarter - period. Also, a paint is a paint, period.

Granted, since I'm in to quarters now, I don't want to see a bunch of paint horses there, but if they're crop-outs, which all the overos are, then so be it, but criminey, that's what they started APHA for... because of the crop-outs. APHA doesn't allow crop-outs, AQHA allowed the double registration, people paid their fees, some spent mega bucks to get those double papers, and now look.... oops, oh, never mind, we change our mind...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 7:55 pm

Something else isn't it.. Shocked I got rid of a mare that was croping out on my QH for that reason.. I had people chasing me through the barn to buy her last colt until they found out he could not get the APHA papers.. This really hurts the business... Mad
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 11:08 pm

I asked on another forum, and there's a guy that's stays right on top of APHA stuff... he says they're thinking about it taking back crop-outs because of what AQHA has done... who knows. I know one thing, if these associations don't quit going willy nilly on this mess and a few make the decisions for all, they're not going to have an association!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2008, 12:05 am

the stupid part of the whole darn thing is HELLO there is a recession and the darn AQHA can't seem to get it through their thick heads people aren't showing can't afford it people aren't buying horses can't afford it MAKE IT MORE ATTRACTIVE not less attractive to own a horse. DR horses are attractive to own keep it that way flaunt it dang it. APHA is going to capitalize on it and get even more people that are sick to death of the stupid AQHA. HMMM can't tell Im sick of the AQHA BS can you pray And lets see where do we need more horses at the shows which classes are hurting the worst would that be halter????
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 10:11 am

I'm hearing that all classes have been hurt, mainly because of the cost of showing and the gas prices. The stallion classes in halter are horrendous - oh, just spend $200 plus for a weekend for a half point, if you're lucky! And heck, that was years ago.

Isn't it Illinois that has done the chipping - no chipping, no showing. Ought to prove interesting. I bet their classes drop to nill.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2008, 1:20 pm

Ya know, I love showing my horses, it makes me happy. But between tuition and the cost of getting them ready to show, I can't afford gas on top of what AQHA is charging to show. Shoot, I've won MORE from open shows as far as take home stuff goes with money and prizes. $200-$300 dollars to show in a class that usually just consists of you, come on... I get more satisfaction from going to the open shows, where there is some competition actually worth standing against. I wasn't too suprised when I heard that numbers from Sun Circuit were super low. There were 4 halter geldings, period. The biggest western pleasure class was 24, which was sad. These classes normally have over 30+ entries... I think AQHA needs to take a step back and realize that not many people can afford what they charge at this time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2008, 6:30 pm

We show at open shows for those reasons. Myself and Brennen show in a pile of classes, Sean and Taegan may do halter pony, SMS and leadline or walk/trot. At the open shows, we can show all day and I've never paid more than $80 entries. Total. Most shows our fees are closer to $50. And we win over $200 easily, plus all sorts of prizes. How much sense does it make for us to show AQHA shows where maybe one other person is in some of our classes? Plus the expenses. WOW.
The Chestnut mare I'm riding in my pic has a tiny white spot on her side. Didn't notice it when I bought it and her breeder hadn't put it on her papers, but she'd be considered to have too much white. Personally I don't have a big problem with this. To me a QH is a solid type horse. I think some of those loud overos in a QH class just seem wrong. Yes, they have 2 QH parents, therefore should be a QH, but halter classes are meant to showcase the breed ideal. Not that I've seen that happen too much, but that is what a halter class is SUPPOSED to be for. And too much color isn't the ideal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AQHA - change in showing double-registered   AQHA - change in showing double-registered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AQHA - change in showing double-registered
Page 1 of 1