Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brennen's yearling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Brennen's yearling Empty
PostSubject: Brennen's yearling   Brennen's yearling Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2007, 4:53 pm

So, Brennen got his red roan weanling delivered on Monday. Even nicer looking than when we bought her back in July. The woman we bought her from wants Brennen's bay yearling Seth. She'd like to keep him as a stud. Brennen is thinking of letting him go. He's one hell of a nice looking colt, but Brennen is likely better off gettting rid of him. When I back our two yearlings out of their tie stalls, Hickory puts his head down and in and backs nicely out. Whereas Seth will shove his nose out and try to push on me. He won't give his head as well as Hickory does when we are doing ground work with them. He's totally sacked out, but not as good when you put his bridle on. When I pick up on Hickory's reins, he immediately gives his head. Seth would rather lean on the bit. Maybe he's just not as mentally mature, but seeing as how Brennen is still young and needs a nice willing horse, maybe Seth wont fit the bill. Any ideas on this?
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Brennen's yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brennen's yearling   Brennen's yearling Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2007, 2:42 am

Maybe you could give Seth another month or two to see if he matures a little bit more. Otherwise, if he really isnt what Brennan needs, it would probably be better to let him go. Sounds like yall are gonna have your hands full working with those youngsters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Brennen's yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brennen's yearling   Brennen's yearling Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2007, 6:29 pm

Brennen figures that if the trade is for two fillies, he might take it. After all, he owns Seth's dam and I have the stud, so we can get more full brothers and sisters if he wants. Also, the woman has a super well bred stud and some really nice mares, so 2 more fillies would really give Brennen one heck of a start in the breeding business. On the other hand, Seth is gorgeous and mostly really nice to work with. It's a really hard dicision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brennen's yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brennen's yearling   Brennen's yearling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brennen's yearling
Page 1 of 1