Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cutting bred yearling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Cutting bred yearling Empty
PostSubject: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 9:44 am

This is Brennen's Smart Little Lena granddaughter. He sire's dam has won over $72K in NCHA competition and is by Peppy San Badger and out of Doc's Marmoset. For those of you who aren't into cutting, Doc's Marmomset has won tons, including the futurity and derby.
She wouldn't stand very still for him. He has realized that she needs some more manners and some patience. And I know, he still isn't smiling in a picture.
Opinions, anyone?

Cutting bred yearling IMG_0534

Cutting bred yearling IMG_0536

Cutting bred yearling IMG_0539
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 10:54 am

I like her better then than the colt. Better in the hocks, more slope to her croup. Neck comes out cleaner, so she can use her shoulder better, More length to her neck. Looks like she can reach up under herself and use herself correctly. Still has plenty of bone as well.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 10:58 am

cute I second everything TJ said
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 9:20 pm

She is cute. Bring her in, clean her up and get to work.. She would be very pretty with some pampering and a good feed program on her. Good time to get her going on the ground work and get her ready for her life.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2008, 11:25 pm

Brennen has been given strict orders, he must work with her a bit each day. If he has problems, I'm there to help.
He gave her a thorough grooming today, plus a bath and some lessons on standing still. She's very worried whenever she's tied outside by herself. So she'll be doing more of that. She'll start lunging this week. He'd like to take her to some open shows, so she needs to do some work, both on her manners and physically.
And she really needs work on picking up her feet and allowing you to hold them up. I'll be doing that tomorrow while Brennen is at school.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 9:36 pm

She needs confidence so she is not worried. Lots of praise and do not just leave her standing alone if she is worried. She will get hurt. I have a filly who is the same way. We praise her a lot and let her know she is doing fine. She forgets some times and when she remembers OH YEA that is what I am suposed to do she is fine. We talk to her a lot and let her know when she is doing well and remind her when she isn't. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2008, 10:35 pm

I tied her in the barn aisle while I mucked out, that way even though her buddies weren't around, I was. She did better today than yesterday. I'll just keep at it. She's kind of in the way part of the time, but she is getting used to moving over for me to get past. I talk to her while I'm mucking out, and stop to pet her when I'm on my way back to a stall with an empty fork. There were only 4 horses in, so she didn't have to stay there very long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cutting bred yearling   Cutting bred yearling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cutting bred yearling
Page 1 of 1