Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make-up tips???

Go down 
+4
stockman
Bluejay
RoanRider420
PHENOMADACIOUS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 1:50 pm

You guys always help so much, so I'm back to bug you all again... Phenom and I will be heading to worlds a week from today...got the suit, ok, make that half the suit...gonna buy a hat there....but what do I do about make-up? The most I ever wear is mascara (sp?) I don't want to look like a boy out there! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 2:15 pm

The best thing you could do is go to a department store and get a free makeup application. You don't have to spend the big $$ on the products they use, take note of colors etc. and you can duplicate it with drugstore products for less money. Most times they will give you a "chart" (a drawing of a face with the makeup applied to it so you know what to do). Pay special attention to their application techniques and ask questions if you don't understand. Make sure and ask for a NATURAL DAYTIME look with neutral colors. It's always nice to at least purchase one item though, as you have taken up their time when they could have been selling to someone else. MAKE SURE AND GET WATERPROOF MASCARA AND GET A REMOVER FOR IT TOO.
I used to be an account executive for both Clinique and Estee Lauder, so I have LOTS of experience in this. I would recommend Clinique, it is less spendy than Lauder and has no fragrance.
If you don't work this weekend, go early in the morning when the store opens, they will be less busy then.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 2:24 pm

Good idea, and I LOVE clinique products...like their mascara LOL My big fear is blush... I tan, so I'm already darkish..just want to know how to apply blush (and what color) while not looking like a clown.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 3:38 pm

Keep in mind this is a "SHOW". You will want plenty of color on your face with out looking like a hooker.. lol! I like to wear eye shadow, mascara, foundation (match your skin so you blend), blush and lip stick. I use enough to brighten my face but not so heavy I look like a clown.. lol! You do not want look like a white sheet with big red lips..

Don't for get to accessorize. Make sure you SMILE.. Very Happy

This is so exciting. Can't wait for the pictures and hear how you do. I know it will be GREAT.. cheers cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 3:42 pm

They can help you pick a color. Just tell them you prefer something sheer, that will make it nearly impossible to apply too much. They used to have a color called "Chestnut", see if they still have that, a very natural brownish pink. Also a good lip color for you if they still have it would be "Black Honey" lip gloss. Looks really dark in the tube but is a sheer brown/burgundy color. Invest in a powder foundation, it will give a polished look without feeling heavy. One of the eye shadow duos in a neutral brown/cocoa color. You don't need eye pencil unless you want it, you can use the darker color of the shadow to line under your eyes a bit for definition. And for goodness sake make sure you have waterproof mascara or you will look like a clown when you start crying after you win.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 3:55 pm

Any tips for nervous sweating??? I always have this one thing of sweat run down my forhead and above my eyebrow.. cyclops

I have oily skin I think, how do I control that? Cause I don't want to look shiney....plus I'm compulsive, so someone better be there to steal my make-up away, otherwise I'll have the whole dang mess on my face. drunken

How long before showing should I put it on? scratch
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 4:13 pm

We just went to Macy's last weekend and Clinique is having their "bonus buys" days there and you can get a ton of really nice makeup free with about a 25.00 purchase. They do have great makeup and perfume (I love Aromatics Elixir!!) and I always make sure to buy during their bonus days.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 4:15 pm

OOO! I LOVE free stuff! I just spent WAY too much to get the "free" VS bags. pig
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2007, 4:17 pm

Argh, I have very oily skin too. Go to the drugstore. Get Revlon Colorstay Active makeup (it's in a tube), it's nice and lightweight and it stays on. Probably Natural Tan color. Get a matching powder, or get Corn Silk "no color" pressed powder. Looks too light for you. Don't worry, it's not.
That is what I wear. I put it on at 5:00 am and I am good to show all day even in the summer heat. If your face gets oily (and if you're like me it will), blot (don't wipe!) with a paper towel or toilet paper, THEN pat on a little more pressed powder.
Pat on a little powder right before you go into your class, and (don't laugh!) put a hanky or kleenex in your bra or waistband of your pants if you think you're going to be sweating bullets while you're showing. Or if the sweat is coming from under your hat, stick a panty liner to the inside of your hat. Don't laugh, it works. Just make sure it isn't hanging out, LOL!

Edited to add: if you get the ColorStay makeup, make sure and try it out a few times. It does not take very much, a little goes a long way!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2007, 11:20 am

Put a cool pack in your hat, Dont over kill on the makeup but Blue Jay is right, more like Evening wear. More color than day time make up.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2007, 2:46 pm

Tonihgt I bite the bullet and actually go buy all the product I had them paint on me Sunday... Like Sheree said, I wanted to see how the make-up held up, so after the artist lady put it on I went home, did chores, watched football, and took a nap.. it still looked great! So I'm going back to buy this evening... anyone want to make a bet on how much this is going to cost??? lol!
Wash
Toner
moisture gel
cover-up stick
application brushes
foundation
powder
bronzer
blush
touch base
eye shadow
eye liner
mascara
lip stick
affraid
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2007, 3:07 pm

YARGH! $250?
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2007, 11:52 pm

I forgot what it's like to wear makeup. After menopause, I got wrinkles that are like trenches. Anything I put on my face, including Bare Minerals, runs into the wrinkles. Looks absolutely horrible!!!!!!! I also lost most of my eyelashes.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 12:44 am

Well, I'll say this much, it was more than we thought... and horse excluded, my make-up is the largest investment I've made into this show ...but I love them both and pray they will last me many moons! pray
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 10:39 am

MY WORD! affraid havent you heard of Wal mart or K mart! Darn it. Guess Im Cheep!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 11:08 am

lol! I get mine at Wal Mart too.. I can buy good products there as well. Sounds like after all that you will be wearing more make up.. scratch
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 11:20 am

I used to work for Clinique/Estee Lauder and I now buy drugstore brands also. BUT, if you aren't used to wearing makeup, the department store counters are the best place to start. If you buy a drugstore brand and it doesn't work for you or the color isn't right, you can't exchange it. The department store counters will exchange it as many times as it takes to get it right, or let you return it if you just flat out don't want something else.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 11:58 am

Yeah... I go to Walmart all the time.. even last night after Bar Bingo, but I've found that anything there seems to make my poors very angry and oily..plus I NEVER pick out the right colors on my own, so I end up buying 3x the product just to throw most of them away Laughing
With the Clinique, I can honestly see a new face with better skin and smaller pores coming out..slowly, but it's there! sunny
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2007, 10:24 am

You know we are expecting pictures ? lol! Tell 7C to get some good shots of you getting ready and heading to the show pen.. We want close ups.. cheering riding lol!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2007, 12:49 pm

She's in charge of keeping me focused, I'm not sure if she'll want to run the camera, but maybe I can talk my Mom or Rick into it? During the class hopefully someone can do video and somebody else can do stills??? scratch
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2007, 1:52 pm

I USE bare esstinals or how ever its spelled. i have huge ugly poors. and i use this stuff and it covers them up really nice. yeah its kinda expensive but it works like no other i love this stuff. i only wear this powder, eye liner and lip gloss is what i get a way with.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2007, 11:48 am

I will have to email her and tell her to take her camera. I know even on a weekend show that you are really busy getting things ready to go.. And, when it's over you just want to put your horse away and breath. I never get any shots either.. Of course you will get the pro shots they take there.... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2007, 12:28 pm

This just cracks me up. Yep, I'm in charge of the focus department. Cancers are well known for working off each other, probably the only sign that does this - if I can keep Kell focused, and I don't know if I'll have time to take pics while she shows, but I'll try - can't promise anything, but I'll try.

I know I'm going to be right beside her before she goes in, and then be running all over the danged place to where she's at, and then I'll meet her when she comes out. I've already told Kell, it's going to be the bugger me even watching the class or other horses, as I'll be totally focused on Kell.

This is going to be a hoot. Rick's not going to get to come, but I'm bringing Dad - I told him, I'm just going to have to set Dad somewhere and me be running around everywhere... ought to be kind of funny... so if you're watching the live feed, and you see some crazy blonde-woman running around, that'd be me! HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make-up tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make-up tips???   Make-up tips??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make-up tips???
Page 1 of 1