Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions on a breeding lease?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Questions on a breeding lease? Empty
PostSubject: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2007, 7:22 pm

I am thinking about doing a breeding lease and I would appreciate any advice you all can give me. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 9:20 am

Are you leasing your horse out or leasing one?
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 10:21 am

I am thinking about leasing a mare to use and then send her back in foal when I wean my foal.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 11:46 am

I've done that before, both ways...

Get it in writing, get the horse insured before it steps foot on your property (the OWNER has to insure it, the lesee can pay for it)...you want to insure for the amount of the mare plus the breeding (usually you increase the amount once the mare is safe in foal).

My lease agreements are usually really really simple...I've learned to become more and more picky about who I lease to and who I lease from. Make sure the expectations are clearly outlined!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 11:47 am

I am doing that right now. I have one of mine leased out and she will come back in foal. I think it is a good way to do things these days. This is a great way to mix up your lines and not have to buy a mare to do that.. riding

You have to make sure when you lease one of yours or lease one for yourself that you have a contract and legal breed association lease signed. You never know what can happen and it needs to all be spelled out in a contract. Such as if the mare dies or gets injured, vet care, etc. I leased Chad's mom to a gal in CA. I had her carry insurance on her. She could not get her in foal.. No When she brought her back I bred her to a stallion that had to be shipped counter to counter and got her right in foal. Then again this year when I bred her to a horse in Kansas.. first shippment and right in foal again. I think the gal who leased her even left her at the vets to get her bred.. scratch study

Anyway, I think I still have the contract. If you want to look at it and use it in your lease email me and I will send it to you.. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions on a breeding lease?   Questions on a breeding lease? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions on a breeding lease?
Page 1 of 1