Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disinfecting stalls at show?

Go down 
+3
Lynn M.
Bluejay
RoanRider420
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Disinfecting stalls at show? Empty
PostSubject: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 10:52 am

What is something good and CHEAP that you can put into one of those garden-type sprayers to disinfect your stalls at a show? Don't want to use bleach water because sure as heck I would get it all over my clothes while spraying it.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 11:44 am

Novalsan makes two products. One is for scrubbing wounds and the other is a disinfectant. You have to read the labels on that product closely since they look exactly alike. One will say Novalsan scub and the other disinfectant.. Also smells nice.. study I believe the disinfectant is not as $$$$ as the scrub.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 11:52 am

Actually I was going to get the generic, chlorhexedrine, I think it's called? They have it at Farm & Fleet for about $15 a gallon in the cattle section.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 2:17 pm

whatever you use spray it then let it sit for a minute then go over it with a sponge dunked in a bucket of soap and water so you get the goobers off the walls then let it dry
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 2:29 pm

BLEACH, works great. 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. I mix it before I leave home in one of those cheap Spayers from Rural King. And spray it on, soak it. I also spray the ground. Dancing
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 3:24 pm

Ack, I just know if I use bleach water I will have it all over me!! BTW, I have your flyers all printed up and ready to go. I'll put them up Friday afternoon because I don't have any classes so I'll just be sitting around bored. They came out really nice, even Joe was impressed!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 3:26 pm

kitty Woo Hoo, Thanks fo MUCH! If you sell him for me, Ill be passing a buck your way! cheering

affraid Thats why I mix it at home and put it in a sprayer! Not a problem. alien
Back to top Go down
All Hot Chocolate

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 5:08 pm

i use the off brand lysol stuff. it works great.. never had any body get sick after i sprayed. and it doesn't get on your clothes. and its smells nice too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 2:10 pm

We used to get Dettol in big jugs and sprayed that. I still use it on grooming tools and such.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 2:15 pm

Good Post idea! I'm already having nightmares about the icky stuff we'll find in OK City... affraid

They need like a super duper killer frost I think Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disinfecting stalls at show?   Disinfecting stalls at show? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disinfecting stalls at show?
Page 1 of 1