Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our little show!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 1:27 am

Well the day went well, the 2 1/2 yr old gelding took everything in stride, and really stepped up to the plate for me. He truly was exceptional for his age and having only a little over 20 rides (I lost count). We did walk trot reining, walk trot eq, and walk trot pleasure. He tried his hardest for me, and stayed totally chill without any huge bobbles. All while horses flew past us a bit out of control, and not watching spacing. He was a bit too fast to get us ribbons in those classes, and bowed on the reining pattern (however all day the judge could not stop looking at us Smile ).

I was also a little dissapointed to see finished horses, not only at a training show, but IN the walk trot classes. But I am still proud of him and we got non stop compliments. He kept his frame for the most part, but I didnt bother him too much as I wanted it to be a good soaking experience for him. No spooking at all!

I shoulda showed him english haha.

I showed him in senior showmanship and there was 25 horses!!! However besides one breed show QH, he was the best prop there but lifted a foot in his pivot... I know I was spot on my pattern and remembered all the little extra's. I grinned as I walked out with 3rd!

Our little show! 053009_1476

Our little show! 053009_1455

Our little show! 053009_1452

Our little show! 053009_1433

sleeping waiting for a class

Our little show! 053009_1510

Whispering winning secrets in his ear haha

Our little show! 053009_1507

As for Manito, we scratched the riding classes as it seemed best with the yahoo's there and how worried he was. However he did showmanship with my trainer and while bowing a bit (first time EVER in a show ring and around that many horses). He was the only horse to do a perfect pivot (he always does Wink ), but I just about pooped my pants when he won 2nd!!! Woot Woot, PAC, and CPHA points here we come!!!

Our little show! 053009_1504

Our little show! 053009_1402

Our little show! 053009_1408

Our little show! 053009_1421
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 12:18 pm

Well have to let the jrs, see the monster somewhere. Was the show posted as a training show, or an open show? Monsters everywhere with these youngsters.. alien Hee hee....
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 2:59 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Well have to let the jrs, see the monster somewhere. Was the show posted as a training show, or an open show? Monsters everywhere with these youngsters.. alien Hee hee....

It was a posted training show. Lol yes and he didn't see any monsters. Which is good!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 3:34 pm

We dont have training shows here, only in Dressage/Jumping.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 6:44 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
We dont have training shows here, only in Dressage/Jumping.

pretty much this is the only one my trainer has really ever found. This is a real training show in benefit of Edmontons Youth at risk. You could ride with 2 hands on any aged horse, as well as ride with training gear and without show clothes. But for me, I think show clothes represented us better. My trainer just went in black shirt and black jeans, but I dressed how I would normally for a show.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2009, 3:10 pm

Its sounds like you had a good day! He sure is a pretty boy!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2009, 5:55 pm

For people who were on the AQHA forum... The gelding Iniko was born a few months prior to the closing of that forum.

I posted about the gelding when he was born, he was massive, I had to pull him from his mother and he was a bit of a dummy. Thankfull he grew out of it, and really is a die hard trying soul. Love him to death, and in a year or so when he's quite seasoned, should sell for a pretty penny if my mom lets me sell him haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our little show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our little show!   Our little show! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our little show!
Page 1 of 1