Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question???

Go down 
+4
RoperChick
tinks
RoanRider420
Lynn M.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

question??? Empty
PostSubject: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 4:35 am

ok this place is kind of boring lately so lets see what kind of answers I get to this question????
If you were packing to travel to China (you would be there 2 weeks) carry ons only- name 5 things you wouldn't/couldn't go with out.....
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 7:46 am

Deodorant
Toothpaste
Glasses
Camera
Medication

I tried to pick things that are not generally in my purse anyway!
Back to top Go down
tinks

tinks

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-03-05

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 8:29 am

farao i would bring.my horse,toothpaste,money,the horse books and doedorant cheering ily doggie

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 9:08 am

RoanRider420 wrote:
Deodorant
Toothpaste
Glasses
Camera
Medication

Those are the 5 things I would have said. I'm going to ask my sister-in-law to see if she has any suggestions, her best friend adopted a little girl from China a few years ago and she went with her.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 9:10 am

I'm in total agreement with Sheree... don't forget some good walking shoes!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 10:36 am

Camera, Meds, make-up, Tooth Past, Deodorant
Good Book.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 12:32 pm

Camera, cell phone, tooth paste, deodorant and...credit cards?
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 12:35 pm

B&B, cell phone won't work in China and some credit cards won't either, EEEEKKKK!!!!!!
My ex did a lot of business in China and he had to have a special cell phone for when he went there. What a pain.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 1:58 pm

Ok I change my vote, if I cant have my cell phone and credit cards, then I want my cigarettes, and a whole lot of cash.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 9:15 pm

lol! I vote for the cigs too.. lol!

First of all I would never go or two weeks in just a carry on. And, in your situation picking up your new son you will need some things for him..

He should have new outfits to come home in, diapers, food items and cozies for napping.. and cuddles...snaks, HELLO car seat at the home end. Plus he may have some things to bring back with him that mean something to him pray

As for you, you will need your toiletries (check the security for carry on fluids), at least 4 Tees, 3 pants/shorts, socks and undies for two weeks, may need a light jacket/sweater, 2 sets of sleeping gear (Tee and string pants or what ever you do this in and can hang out in hotel room in), three pairs of shoes (walking, lounging and gat about), camera, fold up duffle for extra's, book on chinese in case you gotta communicate with non english speeking person (try to find a bathroom with out it), cash and credit cards, sunglasses, some little items for the little man from you.. large purse.... camera...coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 10:27 pm

you all aren't very creative Laughing we are definately doing the camera cash etc... was trying to think of things we may have forgotten we might need. We are each bringing a backpack and carryone suitcase and then have our security belt to carry our passport money etc. I have a first aid kit, snacks books for the 14+ hrs of airplanes yuck! At least China has Wal Mart cheers and we can send out laundry very cheap so we aren't packing a lot of clothing our guides will arrange for that to be done and clothing for our little one we will buy there as we haven't gotten up dates since Jan. so it is all a guessing game as to size. We will take about 3 outfits for him but will buy the rest there. Also he is potty trained already so we are only taking pull ups for the nights. We will buy a suitcase there to bring back our purchases and check it through as the goodies there are not very expensive and want him to have lots of reminders through the years of his birth place. Just don't want he hassle of checking luggage and loosing something we may need and hubby and I tend to travel light as it is. As long as we have our meds, a good book and some snacks we are good to go most of the time. This time the camera is the biggest thing can't have too many pics.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 10:41 pm

And believe me, if it can get lost, they will lose it. We were constantly getting suitcases delivered by FedEx WEEKS after my ex arrived back home from his trips to China. He never had enough sense to learn to put necessities in a carry on. I'm sure he still hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 11:26 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 11:08 am

I had no clue they had Wal Mart there.. That makes it easy to get toiletries and undies if you need them. I can wear the same outfit several times and not get it dirty, but gotta change the undies.. bounce

With no updates on the child would make it impossible to take things along for him. That is one heck of a long flight. They do not make fussy pills for little ones. Sleep You will know more once he is in your arms of what his needs will be to get him back here.. study

This is SOOOO EXCITING kitty cheering ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 11:39 am

Wal Mart, MacDonald, Pizza Hut kind of crazy if you ask me we are planning to stay away from the American food and go for the Chinese experience I keep hearing about Snow Beer and crispy ribs yum! I already have his car seat in my living room just waiting, thought people would think I lost it if I put it in my car already lol! . I do have some clothes in 24months but figure they will be way to big for him at this point even though his birthday is just around the corner and yes we are going to miss it by a couple of weeks No it just breaks my heart to think I don't get to spend his second birthday with him but Christmas this year WATCH OUT!!!! kitty
Oh and we are taking Cheerios they don't have Cheerios in China and everyone says bring your own the little ones go crazy for American Cheerios. If that is what it takes to make friends I'm all for the bribes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: question???   question??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question???
Page 1 of 1