Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kate is out for a month...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kate is out for a month... Empty
PostSubject: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2007, 7:02 pm

Well yesterday, I was talking on the phone to my ex cuz he was bein a jerk. Anyway I walked outside and to the horse pen while he babbled on about something over the phone. Anyway I walked in and over to Kate and she was all cut up and scratched. I was like "OMG What happened?!" Anyway I checked her over and she hs scratches and hair gone all over her. Ill just say now that we are in the process of taking the barbed wire fence out of the back half of the pen so it is all rods. We had one side left. Anyway, she got her back left caught in the bottom wire of the fence, ripeed the wire off and got her foot cut up. We just got back from the vet a minute ago. She is ok. We just need to keep gauze and vetrap on it. And change it and give her antibiotices twice a day. But the cut isnt too deep. Bad news is, Im in the middle of a barrel racing series. I guess I can count those out now because the are 2 and 3 weeks away. Anyway if yall want pics or anything I took some. Ill keep yall updated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2007, 9:38 pm

affraid NO BARBED WIRE around horses. That is cow fencing affraid I hope you get it out of there and your horse is OK.. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 12:43 am

I know about the barbed wire. I have been trying to tell my dad about it but he hasnt listened to me very well. I did try, though. And now we had to learn the hard way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 12:41 pm

Sorry to hear about that. Barbwire and horses has never been a great pair. Be careful about using that vet wrap. When Vegas went and busted herself up, my vet let me in on some knowledge. He said sometimes people put it on to tight, and then at some point it will slide down and the further it slides the tighter it gets. You dont want that to happen because it can get so tight around the muscle, that it can actually do more harm than good.

Are you using some kind of cotton padding underneath it? I hardly use that stuff anymore. I use legwraps with cotton, it does get the wraps dirty, but they are washable!

Hope everything turns out good for you and Kate!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2007, 1:25 pm

OUCH! I hate barbed wire. That is some of the most horrible fencing ever made!
I hope she heals quickly. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate is out for a month...   Kate is out for a month... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate is out for a month...
Page 1 of 1