Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a difference a month makes

Go down 
+2
Mare
RoperChick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

What a difference a month makes Empty
PostSubject: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 12:48 am

Just wanted to share some pictures of my gelding from today and a month ago.

Almost a month ago, because he had lost so much weight, I had to bring my 29 year old gelding out of the small pasture I kept him in. Affordable pasture space in Southern California is hard to find, so the pasture he was in was far enough away that I didn’t get to see him that often. He’d spent his entire 10 year retirement at the home of one of my trainer’s client’s, so I didn’t worry too much about him. I usually saw him about 4 times a year and he always looked great, our arrangement was that she would call me if there was a problem, which she always did. Anyway, I got a call from the lady who takes care of him saying my vet had been up there (to look at her mini donkey), and told her that she needs to call me right away to come see him. The next day I went up to see him and I about died when I saw the horrible shape he was in. I feel terrible that I didn’t check on him more often so that I could have caught this much sooner, but I'm thankful he is slowly but surely getting better. I took some pictures today, I think he looks better, he’s not where I want him weight wise, but we are getting closer.

July 24th
What a difference a month makes BabyMemo07-24-07TheDayhecametoCarbo

Today (he just rolled so he's kinda dirty)
What a difference a month makes BabyMemo8-19-171
What a difference a month makes BabyMemo8-19-072Cropped
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 8:11 am

I can sure see the difference. Thank god the vet came out or maybe you still wouldnt of got the call. Yup, I think I would be checking on him more often. He's lookin good. What extra are you giving him to put the weight on?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 9:36 am

wow you are doing a great job he is almost starting to look chubby which I swear is impossible to do with those eldery. You rock!!!
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 11:20 am

Mare wrote:
I can sure see the difference. Thank god the vet came out or maybe you still wouldnt of got the call. Yup, I think I would be checking on him more often. He's lookin good. What extra are you giving him to put the weight on?

Yah, I just don't know why she didn't call me. Maybe she attributed his condition to age. I guess my trainer's assistant trainer was up there the week before and told her that she should call me, because he was way too thin and his feet needed trimming. I didn't hear from her until the vet told her to call me.

He's staying at the boarding stable we are at now, he'll be there for the rest of his life. He definitely seems to feel better and enjoys all the activity, especially the mares. LOL!!

He's now on alfalfa 2x a day with a flake of Orchard grass as a mid day snack. He also gets senior feed, timothy pellets, O&M, platinum performance, MSM, soy bean meal and beet pulp, which I soak with water
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 12:25 pm

mbs WOW! Big Differance! The Ole Guy, looks like a Spring Chicken again!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 1:48 pm

Congrats! He looks great! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2007, 10:07 pm

What a sweet ole guy. Thank God you took control of him. He is looking really good. POOR BABY was starving. No Keep it up and get his head back where it belongs. Horses like that deserver all the love and spoiling they can get.. GOOD JOB... Remember to keep him warm if it gets cool.. Give him a big hug for me.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a difference a month makes   What a difference a month makes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a difference a month makes
Page 1 of 1