Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another funny horse ad!

Go down 
+3
Lynn M.
QHorse163
SuperLope
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Another funny horse ad! Empty
PostSubject: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 1:02 pm

http://www.equine.com/Horses/ad_details.aspx?lid=494936&search_id=8beb1e40-b705-4351-8977-06c9df7b7914

Quote :
"he is currently bred"

that is interesting it must be hard to get a gelding safe in foal! Laughing
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 1:36 pm

lol. Laughing Someone call in the news crew this is a miracle!

I think maybe they mean he has like "current" (popular) bloodlines? They sure didn't choose the best wording for that, though! haha.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 1:40 pm

I think someone needs to email them and find out what they mean gosh I would feel so stupid..
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 2:22 pm

aghhahahaahahah what an idiot affraid
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 4:00 pm

lol! After you read it's obvious what they were trying to say.. lol!

Maybe we could suggest they change currently bred to modern bloodlines scratch

I was grazing last night looking for a possible dressage prospect for CHEAP.. Yes, I already admitted I would take advantage of the terrible market.. bounce I could not believe the $125,000.00 and $130,000.00. Or, the higher priced horses that are not even registered.. No pedigree on the high dollar ones either. I did find many more on equine.com then DH... No

I know not all breeds are having this problem. However, they got to be joking.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 5:58 pm

The pedigree thing gets me too. I have sort of a funny story related to that...

Last year, a young woman who had her horse boarded where I had Clara decided to sell her gelding. This was apparently a high dollar horse that she paid big bucks for. But he had done nothing but a couple open shows in the year or two before she decided to sell. Honestly I don't even know if this horse had any AQHA record at all.

I stumbled across his ad on Equine.com ... he was listed for $35k!! Pedigree section wasn't filled out (he was race bred), and she didn't even have his registered name on it so you could look him up. She had a picture of him in a hunt bridle standing in a round pen. Basically the ad was like... "Quiet 9 year old all-around gelding finished in HUS and Showmanship, started in Horsemanship and Equitation." Um. Hello? What part of that description warrant a $35k price tag? This was maybe a $6500 horse tops. (He also had a club foot & was "off" sometimes). And it wasn't a typo with an extra 0 because the price dropped in $5000 increments as time went on. haha. I don't know if she ever got him sold.

What makes this whole thing funny, though, is that this woman was a "Certified Equine Appraiser." Hmm... I wanted to have her appraise Clara once I saw what she was trying to sell her horse for! haha. A mare with a bunch of AQHA points & proven bloodlines quiet enough for a youth? Hmm... I guess she'd be worth $65k! lol. Fat chance.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 9:51 pm

lol! This is exactly why people do not trust sellers.. And, Vet checks only tell you how the horse is at the minute they are being checked. And, they do not check for drugs.. Sleep

I just went through this. A man from Kentucky wanted this bay colt I had in the worst way. I bred and had this colt on my place all the time so I knew him very well. He was a bit rambunciouse so when the vet came to check him he had is tech handle him. She yanked and jerked on the chain and ran him around in tight circles.. She almost flipped him over. Well guess what.. He turned up soar on the left front leg when they did the flex on it. Otherwise he was fine. I believe he twisted his leg in all the ha bub.. DAH.. The vet told the guy the horse was lame and would never be able to do anything in his life time.. This colt was just a year old.. Well, the man did not buy him and was very disapointed. I told him what happened and the truth about the colt.. Basketball The man was not really all there when it comes to reality and I know he felt I was not honest..

The next man who came to look at him round penned the crap out of him and bought him. HUM.. No lameness and not sore.. When I told the man from Kentucky he had been gelded he got PO'd.. HUM

Anyway, the colt has a great home and they love him. Settled down once he was gelded. And, they are an older couple that have done everything but ride him. They go to the barn a few times a day and have picked up training customers since they are good at it and this colt is loved by everyone.. I love you

I would never let another vet do a flex test on a baby.. This tells them nothing about the horse and is not a natural state to put their joints in. May work on an older horse but never again on a baby.. Evil or Very Mad

Unless you are also haveing a drug test on a vet check your vet check is not worth much.. Just another way for vets to make money.. I have also been on the other end of this with a mare I new was lame.. They told me she wasn't and this was a leg vet.. They listened to her heart, looked in her ears and mouth and charged me $150.00. Yes they did a flex test and told me she was not lame yet could hardly walk sometimes.. I do not pay vets to look for me.. I can see what I want to see on my own.. riding
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2007, 9:53 pm

By the way. I have a currently bred gelding that is now 8 months old.. Yes he has world class breeding.. lol!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 8:57 am

http://dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1056772

Here is another good one for you. This is someone in our 4-H. Notice the bloodlines on the dam side. I'd say that's pretty "impressive." She lowered the price from 13,000. Keeping in mind, this is a lightly shown in open shows, no AQHA points, and at best a 5,000 horse. She sets her head like an Arab! There are way better horses for sale right now in our market for much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 12:23 pm

lol! I am trying to imagine how tall 5.2hh is lol! I think that is shorter then the really small mini's.. HUM that would be 22 inches.. I wonder how tall this girl is scratch This thread is just too fun.. bounce
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 9:51 pm

He is currently bred
He is currently bred
He is currently bred

Call the Doctor, call the vet, This gelding could make you big bucks. Its a Miracle!

I keep thinking, I just know they are going to pick on of my adds and put up here as HERES ANOTHER ONE! affraid YEEKS!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2007, 8:24 pm

haha!!

the same vets must have gotten impressive in foal too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

o horse people!! everyone thinks their own "star" is worth a million dollars!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another funny horse ad!   Another funny horse ad! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another funny horse ad!
Page 1 of 1