Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pulling back

Go down 
+3
7cedars
PHENOMADACIOUS
REINING CHICK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 12:15 pm

Ok so I have a huge problem with my filly. She pulls back when shes tied to the trailer. The other weekend at the quarter horse show, she kept pulling back to the point she broke her lead line. Im tire of this and im not sure what to do. besides not tie her. I was told to get a rope halter but Im not sure why that would help. Also I saw on RFD-TV something called THE CLIP. What Im wondering if anyone has used this product before?
Here's the website.
http://www.theclip.info/index.html

Or if anyone can help stop my filly from pulling back. Im to the point where im so irriated at her. its stupid......
She doesnt pull back at home so im not to sure what to do??
thanks!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 12:46 pm

Phenom will pull in a wash rack at the shows if he has on a regular halter... but not with a rope halter! bbbaahhhhhhahaha Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 12:58 pm

OK, so sounds like rope halter it is. ill be getting one here soon.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 1:54 pm

Where we teach all of ours to tie, there's a rubber intertube thingy, like from a bicycle, I think it is, that Rick rigged up - also it's in both stalls, the rope it actually tied to the intertube. It gives if they start pulling back, but won't break something, unless they go nutso... I'd start trying to retrain her totally, and always tie in a slip knot unless something does go wrong, you can yank hard and get her out of a jam.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:09 pm

Quote :
there's a rubber intertube thingy, like from a bicycle, I think it is, that Rick rigged up - also it's in both stalls, the rope it actually tied to the intertube. It gives if they start pulling back, but won't break something, unless they go nutso...
My Ma does that too!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:16 pm

bounce Yep me Too! Works great!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:35 pm

I'm not a gizmo person, but I really like the Aussie Tie ring from Clinton Anderson. Works great! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
dbssj

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-08-07

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:41 pm

Get the clip, works GREAT on pullers and has a ton of other advantages too. Great for ALL horses, watch the video online.
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 2:51 pm

i watched the online video and im super interested. im so sick of her pulling back!!! i hate it
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 9:31 pm

I like the rope halter idea. We teach ours with the innertubes too when they are learning. Then we go to solid chains.. It looked like the clip might allow then to get free? scratch That would not be a good thing. Never hurts to try it though.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

pulling back Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulling back   pulling back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pulling back
Page 1 of 1