Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thank You Breeders!!!

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
stockman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Thank You Breeders!!! Empty
PostSubject: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 9:55 am

Well I've been reading the nursery forum for quite a while now and I just want to say a big "thank you"to all you breeders! I really had no idea that there was so much involved in getting a foal on the ground! I've had no experience in this area of horses and I appreciate all that you do from choosing the right crosses, mare care, foal care, and all those lovely vet bills and tests, and all the waiting and worrying. It's made me decide that it is defintely something I will leave to you professionals, although in the future, I plan on buying a halter weanling and giving that a go once I get all my daughters out of the show ring so I can have a little more time to go in!!! Thanks again!! I love you all for you hard work, patience and dedication!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 11:36 am

thanks for the post... there is so much that goes into breeding, research, $$$, time and committment on the mares showing and trying to make them worth something so their babies are worthy and also the studs and making them valuable or if you breed to outside stallions finding just the right one (we have one mare we want to breed outside and that is fun researching). Then halter breaking, training etc.. not to mention vet expenses my vet loves me this time of the year so far I have spent over 2k with him so he loves me and caters to me but to do it right it costs a lot vaccinating, suturing mares, ultra sounds, etc... for all that I wouldn't trade raising babies for anything I live for my foals, being with them and their mommas, and watching them grow seeing them become "somebody" finding the right person I have one going to a PRCA roper maybe one day we will see him at the NFRs can you imagine how great that is... it makes me feel all fuzzy inside to remember when they first stood and nursed. Makes me all teary eyed just typing this. You ever want a cow type horse let me know, my forum friends I will get you a nice one with good breeding, proven bloodlines, with a good start at a good price (so I can follow their progress.) I love being able to see where they go and how they do..
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 2:19 pm

I will second the big THANK YOU for sharing your foals with us! Smile I wasn't able to have my own baby Clara this year as I had hoped, so it is really nice to have a place where I can go and see other foals! Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 3:22 pm

Lynn's right, a lot of hard work and some let's see what we get comes in to play here. It's hard letting those ones go that have tons of potential, you wanna keep 'em all! Very Happy

Lynn, I'll give you a clue on yoru vet bill. When you pay the vet, pay everything but $1... I don't know but for some reason, as soon as I pay mine, something happens. Course breeding season, but I'm talking in the regular course of things... make sure you owe a vet at least $1. I told him from now, I pay him 25 cents a month... maybe that'd help...even had my vet's wife, who's his bookkeeper call me and say, Sheila, you owe just a dollar. I know, I said. She just laughs - I think it drives her bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 5:10 pm

lol! That's too funny Sheila! My vet would be like whatever! Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2007, 9:54 pm

LOL.. My vet bill was like $1200.00 just for ultra sounds and HCG.. Oh and the trip out here.. Then there is my help for stalliom collection. That was about $400.00..OH. and can't for get the semen I had shipped from KS.. That was almost $500.00 (not including the breeding fee). And, I only have two mares in foal for next year.. EEK booty yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank You Breeders!!!   Thank You Breeders!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank You Breeders!!!
Page 1 of 1