Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!

Go down 
+8
Merikle Waters
Cindy
Sip of Rum
standbytrucker
RoperChick
stockman
Kidd Kuhlmann
Bluejay
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm

WARNING THESe PHOTOS ARE OF A DEAD HORSE....

My girl friend asked me to share her story. First of all the transporter was All State Horse Express.. They were bringing this horse from NY to Coos Bay Oregon.. They had a four day lay over in Colarado. They were not clear at what time this mare killed herself in the trailer. But, there seems to be a few stories floating around about it.. They charged her half the fee and are not returning her calls at this time..

What we do know is this is a 3 yr old filly.. She was bred to the nines.. Very pretty bay.. The people were so eager to get rid of her they gave her to my friend. They did say she had not been handled much. Looks like her feet look pretty good.. ??? We also know the loading at the place in NY was very rough and did not go well.. The people who gave her the hOrse say ...Oh well she is your horse and they did mention that the loading was not very well done..

According to the haulers when they called my friend is she had kicked out the back window and severed her leg and bled to death.. Well, if you choose to look at the photos you will see her back leg is not severed. Yet it does and one heck of a lazeration on it.. The other thing you can see by the photos is she was not tied and there is blood all over the walls at the head of the horse.. HUM... What I suspect is she did kick out the back window and got her leg caught and theN beat her head so hard it killed her..

Now, the big question that sits in my mind is why did they not know this was going on in the trailer? I think they did and maybe just ignored it...

Anyway, this is such a sad story and my friend asked me to share it so no one else has to go through the hell she just went through..

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! 2rz313l

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! 48nepmc

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! 483woxx

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! 2j5l3k7

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! 3zvahzb
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 9:24 pm

Damn -
That makes me SICK!!!
Our hauler uses a box stall and that is all there is to it. If no box stall that beast had better be TIED!!!
Also - if the LOADING didn't go well,why in the H*LL was she not sedated to the GILLS?!?!?!?!?!?
If we've got one that hasn't hauled much or is just difficult they get some happy drugs to make them chill a little before the ride...and they get checked on every 30 mins for the first hour and then once an hour or so...
UGH - I've got a mare coming back to Texas from California and she doesn't haul well - but she'll be in a box stall so I'm not too worried!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 9:40 pm

There should be some guarantee of safe delivery and there is definitely liability on the part of the hauler. How often was the filly being checked on? How often was she watered and fed. If it was with any regularity thye would have discovered it in time to get her to a vet. I wonder what contract existed between your friend and this company? Makes me not want to use a commercial hauler. THe trailer doesn't look that great.
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 9:41 pm

That is so sad, I'm very sorry for your friend's loss.

The filly doesn't have a halter on at all, which seems kinda weird. I wonder if she was tied and hung herself when she fell down, maybe they cut her halter off. There's a quick release tie on the wall though so that wouldn't make total sense. I can't imagine them loading her without a halter though. Does it look, to anyone else, like the trailer wall was actually bowed out on the head side?

I know several people, one very recently, that have used allstate horse express for long cross country trips, they were all very happy with them. I guess it depends on what driver(s) you get for hauling your horse.

Last edited by on April 23rd 2007, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm

that is an absolute SIN!
why wouldnt that baby have a halter on?? there are so many things wrong with that picture, and it makes my heart hurt, she was such a beautiful little girl.

im so sorry for your friend!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm

I think she had a rope halter on.. Makes me sick too.. Should have never happened.. And, I mentioned sedation to my friend as well.. But, she was at the other end.. She was supposed to be in a box stall. it is hard to tell since she ended up under the deviders.. Then the stall was open when they took the pics.. Shelly insisted on pictures inside and outside the trailer.. I do not think she got any outside..
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm

OMG that is horrible. I know its only one hauler but I've totally changed my mind on having someone haul our horses to AZ for us. I'm doing it if anyone...ugh thats horrible, I can't believe someone would let that happen, they're supposed to be "horse people" that makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 11:46 pm

I agree, I think she beat herself to death. Not to be gross, but there's not near enough blood for her to have bled out. SAD, SAD, SAD!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 11:59 pm

omg.... Poor poor horse...

IMO it does look like she beat herself to death. But perhaps the driver was not driving well, made her slip and fall, which then caused her to thrash like horses do when they get "stuck"? There is not enough blood like cindy said to say she bled out, not to mention the laceration on her leg is not on an artery, nor is it severe enough to cause a horse to bleed out.

There is definetly something missing from their story, but I am truly sorry for your friends loss, and feel so bad for this filly.

Not handled, thrown in a trailer, and thats the last trip she takes? that is truly heartbreaking...... both the mare and your friend are in my thoughts.....
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 12:11 am

That would be one unpaid bill... and if I had paid up front boy would everyone I met see those pics and know who the transport company was. It would be my mission to put them out of work!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:02 am

One of the things Shelly noticed and so did I just now that there is diamond plate showing and no mats? And, it could be that she slipped. With no mats that would be very possible... I will mention that to Shelly. I know she keeps going over this and those people will not get back to her now..

None of the transporters I have ever used were like this. I have only used a few.. One of them will stand there all day until the horse walks in the trailer.. He was six hours late the first time he came here because the first horse in the trailer was not broke at all. Took him sixc hours to convince her to get in..
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 11:09 am

awwww. that poor filly!!! That is absolutely horrible. Poor thing. im sorry for your friend. I cant believe they didnt do something lie check on her or anything. That is so cruel! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad For shame! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 11:19 am

There are a TON of unanswered questions!!!

Ugh!!!

Dang people!!!

Do you know if they even tried to sedate her!??! Because honestly - if she hasn't been handled much, that probably means she has never been hauled or if she has been hauled it was once or twice (nothing like going cross country)...in that case I can't imagine not giving her something to take the edge off - even something little - and CHECK on the dang horse!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 2:01 pm

That is enough to make me sick. My heart nearly stopped beating when I saw those pics.

I hope your friend gets those haulers, and I hope she gets them good.

Grrr....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:10 pm

No sedation. I think they just beat her in the trailer and I would not be suprised if she even got out the whole trip.. GOD.. I know she is in a better place.. But, what she had to go through to get there.. I would love to attach those butts to the hood of my truck and take them for a ride... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:52 pm

That is a horrible story. I am a little confussed, in the one pic the horse has white legs and in the other she doesn't, is it the same horse?

SSFarm sunny
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 11:16 pm

SSFarm2 wrote:
That is a horrible story. I am a little confussed, in the one pic the horse has white legs and in the other she doesn't, is it the same horse?

SSFarm sunny

At first, I thought that too, but then I realized it's the sunlight from the open door shining on the horses legs, it makes them appear white.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 10:02 am

EEK.. I had to go back and look. She was a bay filly.. I it has to be the light.. I saw a picture of her before she had her shipped and she did not have white legs..

I will have to call Shelly and see if they are calling her back yet.. Poor kids heart is broken. Mine would be too.. I might be heading to Colorado to look them up myself if they did not get back to me.. If nothing esle to punch them in the face... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!   DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU..  GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.. GRAFFIC PHOTOS !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1