Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warts ....

Go down 
+5
standbytrucker
CantJog
shazgeoff
Bluejay
7cedars
9 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 8:08 am

I know I should probably put this under the veterniary section, but figured people wouldn't see it.... as most of you know, Scamp has had warts for a long time at this point. I know at this piont, it's some type of virus, something to do with their immune system. The vet's coming out to pull blood, I'm going to see if something's funky with that.

Anyhoo, Anita, my bud up in Missouri told me to get some Desitin. Well, yesterday I think was the 4th time we've put it on him, and they're going away. Anita said it smothers them out. They're by gosh leaving.

Also, Bluejay told me of a shot that'll make them go away in like 2 days.

Either way, I've never had a case of warts like this, and thought I'd pass the info along.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 9:58 am

Let me know how the shot works. I saw the filly afterwards and she looked great.. I have never delt with them either.. They are not pretty to say the least. Got my fingers crossed.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 9:58 am

depending on where the warts are you can use a tried and tested remedy,it may sound strange but it works.

you need to get some coffee,nescafe instant will do.mix with a little cold water to make up a real thick paste and then apply twice a day and any warts/sarcoids will drop off in about 3-4 weeks and they wont grow back.

someone once told me this and my friend tried it on her mare and it worked and someone else i knew tried it on a huge sarcoid on the horses saddle area and it went through the horrible looking stage where it went all raw looking but they kept applying the mixture and heh presto it worked.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 10:24 am

That is interesting. I have a friend who has a gelding that gets a great big sarcoid on his ear.. I will give her your remedy.. Do you know if it goes away for ever, or just comes back? study
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 10:25 am

OK, you said they will not grow back. I will have her try this. bounce
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 10:50 am

What's a sarcoid... so I won't have to look it up... HA!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 11:02 am

its another type of wart,dont know the technical name.
Back to top Go down
CantJog

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 12:11 pm

Basically, anything that will stimulate their immune system will work... even duct tape Cool
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 12:32 pm

7c's, my gelding, way back when, when he was a yearling stud colt, got the worst worst case of warts EVER. i mean all over his nose. we tried everything, and finally the vet said, cut a wart off, and it will send a message to his body to rid him of the rest.

we thought he was crazy, but it absolutely worked. he hasnt had one since and hes 13 now.
so see if you can a vet to remove one?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 1:02 pm

Standby, we used to raise paints, and you know in the summer, they'll get a little bit of warts, but no biggy, on those white noses... we've always picked them off and gave it to them... okay, I should say THEY, not me... that just grosses me out so bad, makes me gag now just thinking about it! Gag, gag, gag... sorry 'bout that... HA!

Tried that, have tried the wart-off remover stuff, everything... asked Anita about the same time I asked Bluejay about it, and I needed to try something, anything at this point... one side is worse than the other, and they're up in his nostril. He was not real keen about this desitin stuff the first couple of times... I told Rick see, I told ya, you shouldn't have been picking those danged things off, now he's freaking out... ought to be fun when I start clipping his nose for a show.... have to go real easy with that deal. That's oen reason why I haven't started working him yet - wouldn't do a bit of good till they're gone... aggravating mess....

Okay, so somebody show me a picture or describe to me what this sacroid "another wart" is supposed to look like.... what is it, what's it looks like, where does it come up... I swear, if it's not one thing it's another!

And please explain the duct tape comment... I've got tons of duct tape! Does that work on warts, too? HA! Why the heck didn't I ask you guys before!!!! Shocked Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 2:11 pm

Sarcoids, can be tough to get rid of, they sometimes are small on the skin and can go deep into the tissue underneath. They can be very tough to get rid of and spread.

I had never even heard of sarcoids until Zane had one on his pastern. It looked harmless and was maybe 1/4 inch long by 1/16 inch wide. It was tiny, but I had the vet out and it was diagnosed as a sarcoid. He froze it off and mentioned that when it fell out it might leave a hole in his leg, but don't worry. Well I did worry when I came to the barn the morning after it had fallen off. There wasn't a hole left, it was a huge crater, the whole front if his pastern was open and it went very deep. I was sure he was crippled forever, but he was never lame on it and all that's left is a pretty good scar. I'm thankfull I didn't let it get any bigger, because who knows what would have happenend, since it about 8 times bigger underneath the skin.

Shazegoff, I wish I had known about your remedy for sarcoids, because the freezing off process sure scared the heck out of me. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 2:47 pm

sarcoids are a benign (sp) tumor I had a mare with problems with these we tried everything finally Colorado State came out with this product and my vet used our mare as a test dummy it works wonderfully you can look it up on line here is an short paragraph from it's web site- I love and swear by this stuff!
XXTERRA™ was first used on a resident horse at the Colorado State university veterinary teaching hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. A large sarcoid (8 1/2"W X 2"D) on the front leg below the carpus had been surgically removed several times, but returned after each removal, and had now been present for months Four days after applying XXTERRA™ under a bandage, the sarcoid appeared inflamed and was re-treated. Another four days later the bandage was removed and the tumor fell of the leg, leaving a depression with discrete edges and a serous scab covering. No further treatment was given, and the leg healed uneventfully. Since then, Larson and associates have successfully treated over 1000 sarcoids with XXTERRA™.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 3:14 pm

Here are some varying degrees of sarcoids

Warts .... Fibroblasticsarcoidhead
Warts .... Sarcoid%20pastern%20web
Warts .... Sarcoid
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 5:01 pm

Ewww! I'm glad I've never seen them that bad. Shocked I've seen horses with sarcoids but luckily they were only small, maybe half and inch.

To add to the list of wart treatments, I've heard that clear nailpolish works too.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 5:04 pm

Clear nail polish, well, heck I'll have to go to the Dollar Store and try to keep some of that on hand, too... criminey!

Okay, that's just flat nasty - I mean, flat nasty! I think that danged black cutting mare I bred has a couple of those, little ones, but I'll give him the info on it, instead of the vet cutting that mess off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warts .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warts ....   Warts .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warts ....
Page 1 of 1