Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buying a yearling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm

Hey guys, I have wanted forever to buy a young horse to train myself. I know that it is a lot of work and everything but I just have a question.

I found a yearling I like but he is a stallion. How much and when do you geld them? What exactly is the process? Im just wondering how an average or something on the price so I can add all that in on the price of the horse. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 12:21 pm

Here about 90.00 to 100.00 Me Id geld him now! If he has dropped. If you cant see /feel them have a vet for them. The sooner the better! Now how is he bred? We need details! Hee Hee.. Smile P I C T U R E Please.. lol
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 9:54 pm

Ditto on a good time to geld them. Depends on your area what it will cost.. And, of course both testies need to be down.. horse
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:59 pm

So I talked to my parents about buying him. They are being jerks about it. My dad is helping me pay for my horse stuff right now because i'm in high school, college, and working a job and just aren't making enough. I don't see what the difference between me having a horse and my sister having a horse, or me just having two horses (she is selling hers). but anyways he doesn't want me to have two. Its driving me crazy. and I don't have the money right now to have two and afford it by myself with all my other pets and stuff. Ugh frustrating!!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 8:35 pm

I have to agree with your Dad on this one.. You will not have time when you go to college for all this. And, that is most important.. There will be the rest of your life to do all this once your education in done.. study

Once you are educated and out there making your own way. It will all be up to you. You will think differently when it's all your responsibility to take care of yourself and the things you like to do.. horse
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 10:39 pm

He sure is cute though! That makes it harder, when you already have one picked out and have your mind set on it. Why is your sister selling hers? I thought she just got her not long ago? Maybe Im thinking of someone else too...lol, I do that alot.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 12:37 am

Yes he is a cutie!!

My sister never rides, her poor horse sits in the pasture all year just BEGGING for attention but she won't let me ride it or anything. I feel bad for it. So she has been riding a little bit now that it is spring, just getting her ready to sell I think. She isn't really interested in them anymore. She will just causually "forget" to feed them. WHO IN THIER RIGHT MIND DOES THAT?!? I have to text her every night and ask her if she did it, because i take care of them every morning. We both got our horses about a year ago now
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 9:04 pm

You would be shocked at how many people put those animals last and forget or let them stand and wait for hours for food.. They shouldn't be allowed to have any kind of animal.. No
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 1:06 am

ya it is terrible. I tell her she needs to feed them at the same time EVERY day. its ridiculous. she will feed them at like 5 or 6 some days and other days not til 10 pm. UGH!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 9:39 am

Do you like hers more than yours? If so that might be an idea scratch
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 9:27 pm

5 or 6 is not bad.. But, not feeding until 10pm is slacking and not caring about the animals...maybe she needs to wait until 10pm for her dinner? Evil or Very Mad Or, better yet no dinner cheers She needs to get a life and take care of the things she makes promises too.. That is what you do when you have animals.. Promis to take care of them.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 10:00 pm

Yes exactly!!

I decided today not to go to school in Arizona.. hard decision but I think I'm just gonna stay and go to college here. I have also realized that even now when i'm in high school and in college im not having the time i want to be with my horse. I'm thinking about competing with him this summer, showing him off, and hopefully impress someone that wants him. I really love this horse a lot but Im not quite sure what to do?!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 9:42 am

My experience, College was less busy than High School. You dont have all the ""Friend" things to do, all the after school stuff, nor the drama that you have in High School. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying a yearling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a yearling   Buying a yearling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying a yearling
Page 1 of 1