Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stud colt- bittersweet

Go down 
+2
Triple J Quarter Horses
Lynn M.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Stud colt- bittersweet Empty
PostSubject: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 10:59 am

I don't know if you all remember our filly Allie our mare Lady Acre had a couple of yrs ago who died of a birth defect who was fab... well Lady had a wonderful stud colt by a son of Peptoboonsmal who is actually the image of Allie kind of disappointed that we didn't get color but he appears healthy so I will be very happy with that. It will be a day or 2 for pics...Sorrel with star and matching hind white, beautiful colt... Grandson of Bob Acre Doc and Peptoboonsmal.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 11:39 am

king Congrats. Color Isnt everything, he's healthy! cheers Look at it this way, less white to keep clean! clown
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 2:33 pm

his sire is red roan and dam is dark brown.. we were hoping for Blue or Bay roan.. but he is very special as he is..
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2009, 2:43 pm

OH, Know I know why you liked the roan Im Breeding to. As of last week end she still had not came in yet. SHOOT Shot time! No I cant wait for the photos You never know, the roaning can show up still! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 9:55 am

I remember the sad day you lost that foal. A healthy colt is SWEET.. Now we wait for those pics.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 1:36 pm

cheering CONGRATS ON A HEALTHY BOY!! Now the wait for the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 12:30 pm

Sleep Waiting and waiting Sleep Suspect Opps thought you posted Suspect , so Im still waiting! Sleep Hee Hee
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 3:25 pm

I worked 12 hr nights all weekend will get some pics tomorrow. Ty has gymnastics this afternoon and then we are checking out an outside stallion and then buying some fencing so I will post pics in the am after Ty goes to school.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 3:36 pm

Quote :
Ty has gymnastics
Id love to see that! When do you breath! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2009, 2:59 pm

OK, I'll shut up and just wait!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2009, 9:17 pm

OK Mare, lets break out the beer and popcorn this time. The season is right for a REALLY cold beer and some buttered popcorn.. We can sit on the porch and wait cheers2
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2009, 9:19 pm

drunken Basketball drunken Sleep nana booty mbs type yeah race Dancing Are we having fun yet scratch Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2009, 11:52 pm

B.J. I already started. Its got to be that the camera broke. She wouldn't purposely keep us waiting,
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2009, 12:51 pm

I give the heck up going into hiding... long story short this spring sucks 2 colts (both of our Pepto colts) have had to be euthanised this spring this was due to no fault of our own. I just can't take this any more.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2009, 1:10 pm

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that. What happened? Dont be to hard on yourself, things happen. (HUGS)
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2009, 8:57 pm

Oh Lynn, sorry to hear that.. It does really suck... Seems like some others have lost more then their share this year.. Crying or Very sad

I am very thankful that I got two fillies and so far so good.. Loosing them is really heart breaking.. Sad Been there done that.. It does make you just want to call it quits.. No

We'll give you a break.. Mare and I can hold our own on the juice.. Don't worry about us.. We just needed a good excuse... drunken bounce lol!

PS.. We are just kidding you know.. cherry
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2009, 10:40 pm

one had a ruptured bladder and the other we are 99.9% certain the neighbors dogs mutilated. It was so bad that Bob had to shoot it. I never want to see that again in my life. The conversation I had with my neighbor went something like any animal that I see on my properity will be shot and killed no questions asked. He then said any dog not staying on its property isn't worth a "*&^. Last night was the first night his dogs were every kennelled. I have seen tracks in my barn from his dogs chasing my horses in their stalls he will get lazy again it is just a matter of time. If I could prove it he would be paying alot of money for a very expensive colt. Those Pepto babies have been selling for 5k around here still and that mare is a big time producer of course not for me and she is getting old. I just want to crawl in a hole. We are just going to focus on our 2 beautiful fillies and getting to go back to China soon. Praying for a quick travel call Jesse needs us and we really need to get away.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 12:12 pm

Im so sorry!

Quote :
99.9% certain the neighbors dogs mutilated

Girl Id be setting a trap for those suckers! Not like a bear trap, but Id get me some proof, cameras on the outside of the barn, and get proof.. Shoot the suckers, if they are on your land and you see them, you have that legal right. At least in Kentucky you do! I know you hate to shoot a family pet, but at that point they are not a family pets, they are KILLERS! Evil or Very Mad

Chin Up.. Lynn. Chin up, we all go threw these times. You are blessed with your cute fillies, and a very cute little boy. And a growing family! I love you
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 8:19 pm

I feel so bad for you...I know your frustration.

In Nevada, you can't shoot a dog on your property unless it's harrassing cattle. We've been at the mercy of our neighbor's dogs for over 20yrs. Just a year ago one of my cats was killed right in our backyard. The same dog came after me twice. We complained to animal control...they told us that we couldn't do anything unless I had to go to the hospital for a bite, and there must be a witness.

Some new people moved in across the street a few months ago. It's a "haven" for illegals. Their dogs run 24-7...and they have a number of dogs. A minpin (of all things) kept coming over here....running through Tucker's pen...chasing my cats. I don't want Tucker to kill it....Rick shot it in the *censored* with a pellet gun (rifle). It was back the next day. The pellet definately stayed in his hide....You'd think someone would get the freeking hint.

I'd definately set up a camera....I'd definately shoot the dog(s). No-one should have to tollerate what you have!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2009, 11:05 pm

I would shoot them in a heartbeat. We have a rule around here , S.S.S. (shoot,shovel,shut up)
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 12:47 pm

I went through the ruptured bladder thing last year with the filly we never knew was coming. This is one thing we had to accept. No Sad

The foal run down and mutilated by another animal is appauling. I cannot imagine what a horrifying thing to see. I am so sorry you had to go through that.. And, it's hard to let go of.. Evil or Very Mad Sad

At least you do have some happy things to keep you going. Focus on those and try to put this behind you.. I am sure that is easy on some days and not on others.. That's how it would be for me. pale

Can't wait to hear about your adventure for the next child.. Ty will be so happy to be a big brother. And, two is easier then one.. ily
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 12:50 pm

MARE,, lol! Same rule up here in the hills. Only, some of the strange ones talk about the rule when it comes to humans.

When my folks moved out here many years ago one of the neighbors told them if there was ever anyone they wanted to get rid of to let him know. He knew places were they would never be found.. affraid My folks are very straight and couldn't believe what they were hearing.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2009, 1:19 pm

Bluejay wrote:
MARE,, lol! Same rule up here in the hills. Only, some of the strange ones talk about the rule when it comes to humans.

When my folks moved out here many years ago one of the neighbors told them if there was ever anyone they wanted to get rid of to let him know. He knew places were they would never be found.. affraid My folks are very straight and couldn't believe what they were hearing.. Razz

HUmmmm Sounds like Kentucky, Hee hee.. I will tell you this about Kentucky, there are some places you do NOT go! affraid Period! Its a way of life, its in eastern kentucky. You are told NOT to go there, period. I mean, you just dont come back, and no one knows nothing. Period.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2009, 4:58 pm

wow! I am so sorry Lynn... Certainly not fair at all.

We have never had to use the S.S.S rule, but would if we had to. I have had enough of stray dogs popping in from the retarded neighbour of ours who breeds working dogs and does nothing with them!

IMO, if I caught a dog chasing a horse let alone a foal, I would stone the thing if I had to. I have no patience for that and agree with TJ, when it hurts or even is chasing down threatening to hurt one of your animals, it is no longer a "pet"... But I'd go further to say he's not a killer, he's a damn dead dog. Evil or Very Mad

I hope things go better for you, we lost a baby this year that had to be euthed as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stud colt- bittersweet   Stud colt- bittersweet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stud colt- bittersweet
Page 1 of 1