Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show happenings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 1:46 pm

This past Saturday I went to a sorting show. There were 268 teams and we had a blast. I had two rides make it back to the top 20, and both of them finished in the top 10, so I managed to get some points! I did place out of the money as they only paid to 3rd, for bigger checks, no worries though theres always another show.

It did get pretty raunchy towards the end. Out of nowhere hard rains started in the middle of our rides, so hard you could barely see. It almost hurt when it hit you. It finally passed and they didnt call the show. Nothing makes me more worried than a horse cutting a cow in the slick mud. Needless to say I took it slow and steady after that.

About an hour after the first storm I was done riding and in the bleachers watching my friends in their class. The guy next to me looks at me all funny and scoots closer to me. He starts to tell me in a shaky voice that he got a txt message from a friend saying that there was a confirmed tornado in the tiny city we were in. 5 seconds after he said that the lights went down. I sprung off my bench jumped down and tried to get my group together. The horses were bug eyed and snorting, so I untied my horse in case I had to cut her loose to run. The trees were bending in half and the wind was howling and whistling, and all you could see was black. I was miliseconds away from letting my mare go and grab onto a deep rooted barn pole when all of a sudden it just stopped, Im talking blue skies, fresh air, and chirping birds. Things were dropping from the sky landing on the roofs of the arena and outside was a total mess. Everything from the back of my truck was gone, probably wont see any of it again. I unlocked my truck grabbed my phone and I had 9 missed calls. Everyone that knew where I was had tried to call and warn us. I found out later that the tornado had missed us by one small pasture. ONE LITTLE TURN OUT PADDOCK!

Needless to say, I thanked my lucky stars. If that thing had actually hit us, it would have been devastating. There are no warning sirens in place that far out of Dallas. I wish they would get it together and put some out there. I watched a series on tornados on the discovery channel, and statistics show that tornados are proned to hit rural areas. You would think rural areas would have warning systems, but no.

Sorry for the long novel, but I had to share. Have any of you had any show scares?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 2:08 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! BUT NO PHOTOS! Hmmmm, Now how do we know you even went to a show Hmmmmmmmm Suspect Hee hee..

Did you show Tucker???
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 5:07 pm

Heres some pics to prove my whereabouts!

This is Brianna on my grey mare, Liberty. This is the youth class.
Show happenings 003-1

Bringing a cow to the hole, that other girl should have gotten out of the hole faster.
Show happenings 004-1

A friend on her horse, you can see the sky looking a little dark
Show happenings 005-1

Just a cute shot of my horse
Show happenings 010

I dont have pics of me cause last time I let them hold my camera and use it, I had to buy a new one.

I dont own a Tucker, just a Vegas, Liberty, and a Comanche
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 9:37 am

Great Pics! She was getting ticked at that cow! Love it. That looks like sooo much fun, and you looked so serious too. Do you have cattle to practice on?
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2009, 2:30 pm

Lol, thats not me. Thats a youth I let ride my mare in the youth class. That girl can ride, I would almost think if she were older, she could ride in the open. That mare will cut out from under you, and the girl can sit her perfectly.

We dont have cattle yet. If we get them now all we will be doing is feeding them. Its our rainy season and we dont get to ride but maybe 10-15 days out of the month. We will probably get them in June or July. I cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show happenings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show happenings   Show happenings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show happenings
Page 1 of 1