Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Catching horses..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 1:31 am

So my new horse, Buck, is a great horse, if you just call his name he comes running up to you to ge out of the pasture. now all afternoon whenever i go out there my sisters damn horse runs away and then buck follows and i have to take twenty min to catch him. Is this gonna stop when he gets used the place, or waht do i do?!?!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 9:41 pm

Treats! Shake a bucket. When he comes he gets a treat. Dont only do this when you want to ride him. When you call his name, and he comes he gets a treat. He looks like he likes to eat! Hee hee
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 9:48 pm

He was a little better today..a little. he gets really jealous when I can pet indy and not him. He is used to getting treats, i think thats why he comes so good. but yeah i always have them on me
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 1:46 pm

Some horses just like to play games. Once the other one figures out that it will mess out it will stop that.. My yearling does that to me. I make him run until he can't run anymore. Course, he is in the arena and that makes a difference. I know it's just because he is bored.. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 9:40 pm

yeah she told me he likes to play games when you catch him and he will dance around you and stuff. Tonight was much better, he stood there when i walked in. Indy started to trot away and buck was about to follow but i said his name and clicked a bit and he stoped and waited for me to get him. He's getting a little better.. indy makes me mad! ahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching horses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching horses..   Catching horses.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching horses..
Page 1 of 1