Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Misty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 11:53 am

Sad We went to the barn to ride last night and the barn owner is the one that has my mare leased and bred. She's not due until April 21st and the lady asked me to come look at her. She's completely bagged up and waxed. I told her she usually did that about 3 days before foaling, but if you see milk dripping, you'll have a foal within 24 hours. Well, while we were standing there, she started dripping milk. Still no baby this morning and she's not dripping but still bagged and waxed. She needs to hold on to that baby at least another 3 weeks. A couple more days would get her past the 300 day mark, but I don't know. She's got her up and on her foal cam. I'll keep you posted.

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 1:32 pm

Good luck, you know what happened to me. 3 weeks early.... I dont know what the heck is going on. Found me judge yet?
Back to top Go down
denibun

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 2:18 pm

I hope she hangs on to it. I'd hate to see her lose it this far along.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 9:21 pm

I had one go a month early 2 years ago and the foal was very healthy took it a couple 4 hrs to figure out how to nurse which had me worried but other than that he came around very quickly. Joints and legs were really great too. Not sure what caused it. Sometimes I wonder if all the great nutrition we throw at these mares cause rapid development and they just need to pop early. Would be interested to know the feed they were using.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 2:39 pm

so far, no baby. Maybe she'll hang on for a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2009, 9:19 pm

Keep in mind a 10 month foal can be just fine. I have one that is not due until April (first part of April) as well. She will never make it. I feel if she goes to next Wed that will be 320 days and that is very doable. In fact my mares normaly foal in the 320's range anyway Smile

I have had them come as early as 317 and been just fine. Very nice foals. Hopefully she will hang on at least another week.. I am sure things will be OK.. pray

I know these gals make us sick with worry some times.. My mare only drips milk when she runs around. It stops when she is in her stall. I can see the dried milk on her legs.. Course, I am out there looking all the time to make sure it doesn't start up again. My mare is pretty misserable.. Rolling Eyes

My early ones never had any trouble getting up and nurssing. The only trouble I ever had from them is they are naughty.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Misty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misty   Misty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misty
Page 1 of 1