Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well It is MY TURN

Go down 
+6
Mare
lovetoshow
shazgeoff
denibun
Bucks&Blues
Triple J Quarter Horses
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 12:30 am

Kirt calls me and says, COME HOME, I have our shopping list, Forget it, he says, When a Man tells you not to bring home Food, you know your in trouble. affraid

What? Its Popeye, He has almost cut his head off, WHAT??? He got his head stuck in the fence, then wound up in the neighbors hay field.. I call the vet, they start to ask me a bunch of Questions, I give them Kirts number. They call him.. scratch He calls me.. scratch Why did you have the vet call me he says, WEll, I CANT ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS, I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM! Im thinking HELLO! Exclamation Oh, he says.. Well should I tell the vet to come.. (AUGH) Rolling Eyes Yes, Kirt, if he is as bad as you say, tell them to come. Ill be there as soon as I get the office closed.. No

I get home just as I walk in the barn, I see.... Almost NO, Hair around the jaw area and all around this ears and poll. IT IS BLACK AND RED. The indians got ahold of him as he is cut from ear to ear and its rolled back.

Below his hock on the back of the leg, it is peeled like a banana. His jaws are swelled to the point you cant tell where his head attaches to his neck it all runs togather. He caught his head in the fence, he pulled back so hard, he peeled his hair off, His eyes are starting to swell shut. CRAP! He is a mess.. Well do we put him down, he's no good anymore is he.. Lord have mercy Kirt, Give him a chanch...

The vet arrives, We put him to sleep and start sewing his head back togather, Sew up his hock, Wrap the CRAP out of it. and give him a DMSO IV. then doctor all the other billion spots on him. For the next 3 days I will run an DMSO IV, to hopefully control the swelling around his throat. Not going to give him to much pain killer as I want him to be sore, so he will keep as quiet on the leg as possible to hopefully, keep the stiches in place. Ive never seen a horse with so much brusing. After all the drugs wore off, He stuck his head in his feed pan, drank a 1/2 a bucket of water and happy standing knee deep in straw, and eating hay.. He's going to be one sore baby...
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 1:59 am

Wow, the things they do to scare us senseless. Im not up to date with everyones horses, but is he young? If so, leave it up to the babies to do something like that. My Sterling always stuck his head in places that were almost to small to get it back out. I would come around the corner and see him poking his head somwhere where it shouldnt be, and that would make me soooo nervous.

Not trying to be gross, but did you get any pics? Im big on learning from pics. Hopefully he will pull out of this in no time Sad
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 9:37 am

Awwww. Poor popeye. That poor baby. Do they just look for ways to injure themselves?
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 10:20 am

Oh my god.

My prayers are with you.
Is he going to be ok,cant believe what these horses are upto at mo.
pray ily
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 11:09 am

Hes 8 months old, No I was more concerned with Him keeping his Scalp! Hee Hee... The DMSO IV is working It has the swelling under control and is helping a bunch with him being so sore. He's not missing a meal! Begged for breakfast, Ill Try and get a photo or two.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: October Bad Voodoo   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 12:03 pm

Well got terminated from my job due to a missing peice of paper work,on Sept 22nd the same day I was laying on a operating table getting my left knee replaced,got the letter in the mail Oct 14th put our 17 year old dog down 3 days before that had to put my Gelding down October 20th ,found out my girlfriends 1yr 3 month old daughter has cancer ,now my prize mare in foal 6.5 months along has a swollen leg Im talking hock almost the size of a volley ball ,on SMZ 'S & Bute per vet ,could October go AWAY ALREADY ..................HAD ENOUGH THE NUT HOUSE WILL BE CALLING MY NAME SOON ......................good luck with Popeye ........ill pray for you or maybe I shouldn't with my luck lately.............
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 2:23 pm

Lovetoshow,, OK YOU WIN! Ill take my bit of bad luck with Popeye.. Bless your heart. No

PS ONE MORE DAY AND OCTOBER IS OVER! cheers
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 3:00 pm

I so hope November is better for everybody.

My stallion having wolf teeth out tmrw and he almost sound woohoo. Please please can my luck change for the better.

Give the little guy a hug from me and hope he gets better real soon.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 3:25 pm

My gosh I hope November brings all of you better Luck. Would love to see pics of popeye. I swear if they were in a padded stall they would find some way to hurt themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2008, 3:45 pm

good grief he did a number on himself... last year was an absolutely horrible year for my luck w/horses we have had our share of nasty wounds even had one get her head in the fence similar to that but lucky for us it came out fairly simple a simple fracture that healed easily had to lay off of the training as she couldn't stand a bit in her mouth but dang it that wound sounds yucky.... I would suggest a padded stall but used to say about my accident prone mare she would eat the padding and colic. I hope he keeps going in the right direction sounds like you are on top of it. If he does have any fractures Buckeye makes a hay cube called Wrangler that you can soak and make a mash out of that the horses love! Ive had 2 jaw fractures and they love the stuff... Ive also used their senior feed for my injured guys with great results.... fingers crossed for a quick recovery
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 10:10 am

Bad day on the farm for sure.. I hope the little guy is doing better. I know those face wounds heal up real nice and fast.. Crying or Very sad How is he doing?

Lovetoshow. Sorry about your job and all the other things you are going through. I hope things are looking up just a bit for you as well... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 12:37 pm

how is he doing??????
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 4:58 pm

Gave him his last IV last night, He is stiff, I know I could give him Bute BUT, I think for now, with all his stitches, Being sore is a good thing. He is eating good and drinking good. BUT boy does he stink!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 5:00 pm

Quote :
Well got terminated from my job due to a missing peice of paper work

Sound like they were looking for a reason Evil or Very Mad let me guess, either needed to cut back or Hire someone in cheaper.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 6:00 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Gave him his last IV last night, He is stiff, I know I could give him Bute BUT, I think for now, with all his stitches, Being sore is a good thing. He is eating good and drinking good. BUT boy does he stink!

I hope the little guy is doing better. However I would suggest getting him some ANTI-FLAM by Omega Alpha ( www.oapharma.com ), since he is not getting it through bute. That would atleast help with swelling and such which usually causes stiffness.

The anti-flam works wonders, and is purely natural stuff. Its human grade, however you cannot sell natural pharmecuticals to humans, as they will not certify it. Actually all of Omega Alpha products are spectacular, even the chill.

I hope he heals well, poor little guy!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2008, 10:44 am

Someone else having a bad day.... affraid No

Well It is MY TURN Sb1tf4

Well It is MY TURN W6wabs

The story that came with these shots was a passer bye heard the filly winny and they were able to rescue her with a chain saw and she was not injured..

The other part of the story is, no matter what you do to make them safe they can and will find a way to get in trouble or hurt themselves.. coffee
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2008, 5:41 pm

Jeez... popeye is in my prayers.. Poor guy. But im glad he is looking better.

Lovetoshow... wow... Lol im happy for October being over for you... I hope November is better.

Darn that filly was lucky. Wonder how on earth she got stuck in there..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2008, 9:42 pm

Left my camera at work. Took the IV out tonight. The swelling is so much better, Thanks So much everyone, Ill try to bring home my camera. Hes eating his straw he is suppose to be on. The little brat.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2008, 3:22 pm

Glad to hear he is coming around. What a thing to happen.. GAUD... You need to feed the poor little guy so he does not have to eat straw... lol! My mares do that when I put it down for foaling.. Drives me nuts.. No Course, that is a short drive for me.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2008, 4:04 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Someone else having a bad day.... affraid No

Well It is MY TURN Sb1tf4

Well It is MY TURN W6wabs

The story that came with these shots was a passer bye heard the filly winny and they were able to rescue her with a chain saw and she was not injured..

The other part of the story is, no matter what you do to make them safe they can and will find a way to get in trouble or hurt themselves.. coffee

They had this on a TV show I watch, TMZ. THey said it was Sarah Jessica Parker stuck in a tree. I guess they are saying she has a face like a horse?

Good to hear is doing better. The first time I used rice hulls for bedding, Vegas went nose diving and ate some of them, then after realizing there wasnt any taste she quit.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Popeye 7 days later   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 11:50 pm

He is sooooooo much better, Still cant get his head all the way to the ground. If he jerks, it makes him shake, from the pain, I took the IV out, and his swelling is soooo much better. Dont have to worry about closing off his windpipe now. cheers We will unwrap his leg, soon and change that.
Well It is MY TURN MVC-006E

Well It is MY TURN MVC-005E-1
couldnt get the sewing job, from straight on, he really didnt want to lower his head for the photo, But its looking really good.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 10:00 am

Youch

Sounds like he making a good recovery though,why these horses do it i dont know. Thought horses had brains but im beginning to wonder scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well It is MY TURN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well It is MY TURN   Well It is MY TURN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well It is MY TURN
Page 1 of 1