Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

APHA Show

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
Lynn M.
SilverBuckleHorses
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 11:28 pm

So I ended up just taking Kitty (Plain Party Dress) because Copper still needs some manners and he hurt himself the other day, little stinker. Kitty did really well though, we didn't win, but it was a big class and we were placed 5th out of eleven horses. I didn't think it was bad for not being fit and only being worked with for a week! She's getting better every time. Sorry for the poor picture quality, the indoor was really dark and not very good lighting. One nice thing, the two judges came up to me and told me that they really liked her, and if she would have been more still, she would have placed better. Atleast we have something to work towards. We've been practicing a lot about just standing still, no biting at home, she's getting better!

PS: Bluejay, I remembered my earings AND lipstick today LOL. I took your advice and put them on when I got up this morning lol!

APHA Show HPIM1250

(We're not set up here)
APHA Show HPIM1241

APHA Show HPIM1251

APHA Show HPIM1232

APHA Show HPIM1244
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 1:49 pm

very exciting sounds like she is going to be something special what are your long term plans with her?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 2:05 pm

She is 100% my all arounder. She is going to make one heck of a rider, such a pretty mover and really athletic. Who knows, maybe an APHA championship? lol. Eventually (meaning when the market is MUCH better.) I will probably breed her. First step is that I'm going to get her halter ROM. When she's fit, it wont be an issue. Our paint shows here are freaking HUGE and points are a lot easier to get. We'll get there, I just need to get her fit, she's really chubby. I tell ya though, having these two has sure helped my fitness too lol.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 9:35 pm

cheering YEA...lipstick and ear rings.. lol! Keep in mind when you are at a weekend show you can wear nice jeans, blouse, boots and hat. Many only wear a show jacket a futurity or really big time show. Much more comfortable. Press your jeans and blouse.

There are a few things the big time trainers are doing for halter fitting that is different. Number one, they are working the horse with a saddle so it sweats the wither and you can see it. They are still bulky horses only they have a wither.. You already know about the pony thing.

Also, when you teach her to set up. Do the whole halter parrern with her. Walk to the judge (nice if you can get someone to play with you), go by them and in to your trot, make your turn, line up and set up. Also, show those teeth. When she has done it, pressure in the chest, back one step and this means you are done. They is never a question about what it's time to do. cheers

I do this with the weanlings. Never just set them up. It's the whole thing. We do this about two to three times. You will be surprised at how that same routine works in the pen. It really does. Will not take long and they will line up and set up.. Gotta find your trick for the ears.. Don't use a lighter. That looks bad.. I knew a woman who used those little red peppermints. Her horses stood and watched those things, listend to the paper crinkle, knowing they were going to get that treat at the end.. Plus, it does not stand out.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2008, 11:01 pm

LOL. I was thinking of you every time I had to reaply the lipstick, I have a bad habit of chewing it off lol. Actually, pretty much everyone in the class was dressed up, and from what I've heard, that's really the norm around here. That black jacket I was wearing, I LOVE IT! It's made of like, slinky material, and I can move, and it's stretchy! I got it at ROSS LOL. It's actually the most comfy thing I've ever shown in.

It's funny that you mention the saddle thing, because both of my guys have been introduced to the saddle since they've been here. I plan on riding them later on, so I figured I'd get them used to it now. Especially with her, she's got a SUPER topline, but I'd like to see more wither.

She actually gives her ears really well, I just rub her under the chin a little, and she's like, oh, I like that, lol. Ever since I started showing I've always done the whole pattern at home, always, and every time. I also do the back one step to say we're done.

I just think they'll both get better, just takes a little time :-) I'm still happy with the 5 / 11 though, it was a big class lol.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:47 am

Where is her spot? Is it on the other side? Belly? I love the more solid colored paints. Shes not CHUBBY... Her weight it good, just needs a bit more pop! She is sweet. Leave the weight and have her lift some weights. Hee hee... bounce
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 8:26 pm

It's on her other side, it's itty bitty lol. She was born on new years I think, and with just the little spot, that's why they called her PLAIN party dress lol. I think she's a cutie. When I mean chubby, I just mean she's more fat than muscle. I am just working on turning that fat into muscle ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 9:04 pm

My lipstick always gets soft in my pocket so I have to wipe it off a bit with my grooming cloth... lol!

Most people around here do not dress up for weekend shows. But, most important you need to be comfortable no matter what you are wearing. I am a larger person myself and do not want to sweat or have anything tight on my body.. They would likely frown if I showed in my old T shirt and flannel string pants though.. lol! bounce Rolling Eyes No, I do not go to the show barn in them either.. I do at home though.. HE HE HE
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 1:59 pm

Im not showing in that Slinky Material Either. Its OK if you a size 6, zero percent body fat.. Lets see that was before children, ummmm before other operations, ummmm Gosh When was that again! Hee Hee.. Just glad Kirt doesnt like skinny women, He told me that right off the bat.. Yeah.. cheers So I put on a few pounds and then a few more pounds. Oh, well hitting the pavement again! No
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2008, 8:44 pm

lol! I was small when I was a teenager. Never a size 6 though.. But, had the boobs and all that put together nicely and almost that perfect body back then.. 36, 26, 36.. Girls were just not skinny and no one wanted to be. It was the shape they were after. I know things have changed. queen cherry

Now, well, you know, gravity changes and so does the waste line.. I still say a woman with curves and a little substance is a far better look then one built like a board. Course, that does not describe me.. If I could only have one thing I could change. Just one thing only. I would have Tina Turner legs.. They might look silly with the rest of me.. But, I would be tight in some shorts.. Dancing kitty
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2008, 11:01 am

Ummmm....No boobs here....But I've got legs that go on and on into next month.....Tee Hee Hee....I look great in daisy dukes. Pretty good for an old babe!!!!!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2008, 11:45 am

rounds a shape right? LOL icecream
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2008, 10:51 am

bounce Yes, round is a shape and beer is food.. Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 3:05 pm

5th out of 11 isnt bad at all! Heck Im usually happy with 6th out 0f 12. Especially at a QH show. Good job finding your show jacket at Ross'. I wouldnt have even guessed that by the way it looked.

Im no skinny minnie either, and tight close fitting show clothes are a no-no for me. Last time I showed in a QH show I wore a plaid ariat shirt that was looser and a black lined blazer. I was comfortable, pressed, and fit in. Most importantly, I was comfortable.

I havent been on in a while, and am just catching up. Its good to see how good your horses are doing. Any more APHA shows before the end of the year?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2008, 10:23 pm

Aww, thanks Smile I'm proud of them and they get better every day.

The shirt is comfy, that is ALL that matters to me. It looks nice, it's kind of flashy, but for these local state shows, it's not an issue, because a lot of the handlers show in their showmanship outfits lol.

I have the Harvest of Color Show October 31st - November 2nd and Copper County Paint O Rama that runs end of december through january.

I think that by the Paint O Rama they should look pretty kick BUTT lol.

Thanks for asking about them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

APHA Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: APHA Show   APHA Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

APHA Show
Page 1 of 1