Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Screaming Stud Colt

Go down 
+3
7cedars
SilverBuckleHorses
Bucks&Blues
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 10:50 pm

You just got to get out there and give it a go.. If they produce nice off spring that is great.. Some of the great ones out there now put out a lot of junk as far as I am concerned... affraid

One thing to consider though is if the horse is RANK... That is dangerous and should not be tolerated.. Sounds like this young man just needs some lessons in manners.. He will either learn them or be a problem. I think they all deserve a chance.. I know you have to be very firm and consitent in training a stud colt.. They are smart and will learn the difference. study scratch Basketball Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 11:23 pm

TJ, I know you werent trying to talk down, or teach me something I already knew. I just wanted to let everyone know that there was no way that I would keep a colt a stallion just because I wanted one. To me thats not right and its not fair to the horse.

I didnt take it in a demeaning way, jst thought I needed to elaborate a little more on my intentions.

Again, Im sorry if it sounded like I was drilling you a new one.
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 11:47 pm

Friendly reminder that typing posts does not allow us to hear the tone.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 2:05 am

Bluejay, boy, isn't that the truth!

"Some of the great ones out there now put out a lot of junk as far as I am concerned... affraid"
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 12:34 pm

Those that just have to have one and do not breed very good mares to them. I have seen some of the uglest Yella Fella, Kids Classic Style, Coolest so on and so forth ever.. I have a friend here that I call a designer label person who has horses by these stallions she cannot give away.. She sure brags a lot though... lol! lol! lol! lol!

Most of those horses have been made to look that way through variouse means. How can they expect them to produce that when they are not thay way themselves.. Not all of them. Some are very nice...

At least with my horse you can get a great head and body with a lot of pretty, mind and comfirmion. And, something you can halter and ride.. I feel I have the best of both worlds with Tommy.. Too bad he is not famouse... Basketball I am not willing to spend the money or the time to shape him in to something he is not. What you see is what you get. And, he passes this on. Nothing phoney about him. Dancing

I am not speaking of all. I have just mentioned a few that are big time over here and very expensive.. I am not a label person. I do like to see something I am familuar with on the label though.. Like I just had my mare checked in foal to Twentyfour Karat Kid.. Can't wait for that one... He is a son of Kid Clu out of At Long Last mare.. Should be a good cross to my My Tenacity, Little Town mare (Chad Mom).. Dancing bounce cherry
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 12:51 pm

I agree, Bluejay. Most people worry about the top line versus what's in the bottom line. Some people just don't get that the mare is what's putting the baby on the ground, very few stallions can put a bunch of themselves on a colt, very few.

Case in point... when the dude from Oklahoma came to pick up Tardy and her yearling filly, I asked him, do you want to see the stud? Kid was up in the front pasture. He says, no, I know what Touchdown Kid looked like and he's the spitting image of his Daddy. I know my mouth probably flew wide open, because Kid ain't no where near Touchdown Kid - nothing whatsoever! I was like, okay, whatever there, dude. Course I think Rick had to go around the corner to contain himself.

But of the horses you mentioned... I've seen more Coolest ones that actually have more of the Coolest, especially the color... there's something about their "look" that you can just about tell they're out of Coolest, and Sierra Te did the same. When Sierra Te was hot, you could pick out every single one of his in the ring. Dang, I wish I had an own daughter of his... got to keep looking I guess.

It's kind of like when me and my bud used to go up to the Shawnee sale... We had all these horses we were going to look at. And it always took me for a loop, there at first when I was learning, that you either had real good ones or real bad ones out of certain top studs we were looking for, funkiest thing I've ever seen. A lot of crossing off the list was going on... HA!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 9:34 pm

Some of those studs have a signature too. Like Sir Cool Skip and that AWESOME hip he puts on them and most have nice heads, shoulders and chest. Not usually tall either.. I love you

Yella Fella can put that tiny eye and off color paly on them. Longer heads then I like.. affraid

Page Impressive puts that same tiny eye on his. That is where Yella got it and it goes right on down the line.. Neutral

Kids Classic style has never reproduced him self as far as I can see. Might be all the JU JU he got to make him that way to begin with.. A gal in my area has a bay filly by him with the uglest head you have ever seen in your life. rabbit

Sucha Fistful has a signature head and big pop out soft eye he puts on his foals.. Not much else... Sleep

There are just certain things I need and that is nice head and eye, big boxy built body (does not have to be tall) and personality. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2007, 10:48 pm

its funny read the Performance horse mag.. every add in there is focused on the mare... so and so out of "Royal Blue Boon" the greatest mare every or this mare with so much earnings yes they are talking about their studs but the big ones are all referencing the mares if you want to sell high dollar babies in the NCHA or NRHA ring you best have a great mare to back it up these days.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2007, 8:34 am

Yep, Lynn, I think people are finally starting to get it on the bottom line.

Bluejay, I saw Kid's Classic Style show at the world and win it that year, and I couldn't figure that one out at all. He is literally three different horses... and Lordy, is he a monster.

I haven't seen anything out of him either that really is hitting it. I've seen him in person at many shows, talked to his owner, and she's just the nicest lady you'd ever want to meet. She's got a black stallion that's pretty danged nice, too. Haven't seen him since he was two, but whew, was he nice!

Page Impressive I thought was a super nice horse, but it's been a long time since I've seen any of his. From what I remember though, he put some pretty on 'em.

And yep, I heard that about Sir Cool Skip - they're as wide as they are tall.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 12:02 pm

Money really talks in this business.. I see it everytime I go through the QH Journal. If you got a bunch of it you can make it big time. I do not so here I am.. scratch If you have it and can market it then people will buy it. No matter what it is.. The more you spread yourself out and let yourself be know and the more money you have to get your horse with a well know shank or what ever the is what it is all about if you want to hit the big time.

The man that owns Tommy's sire spent over a $100,000.00 to get that horse to the world and get a Reserve Halter Champion title. And, he was showing him. I do not have that kinda money and never will. I will just be little ole me. Of course if I had that kind of money I would do the same thing.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 12:28 pm

Bluejay, good point. And here's another case in point. There's a guy that lives oh, about 30 minutes from me, that's had some big-time winning horses. So he calls me over oh, about three months ago to look at a coming 2-year old colt... think it was ... and before I saw him, I saw the papers, and good GAWD, this colt had some of the best papers I'd ever seen.

Well, then we went outside to look at him and I'm like, okay, what the freak happened here... was barely 15 hands, not correct, I just didn't like him at all. Well, then he takes us back to some weanlings coming yearlings, and I'm talking dinks.... flat DINKS, that are bred out the yazoo. Well, I see this one chestnut filly that's kind of showy and ask him the price on her, and he says $5,000... I looked at him and said, "Have you done lost your ever living mind!" She was worth about 1,500 at most.

And you know what, because everybody knows who he is, he'll get the prices he wants. Just irritates the living snot out of me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 9:00 pm

lol! lol! Ain't that the truth.. Not me. They gotta be pretty.. Now, I think all horses are pretty. But, I do have a preference..

These guys can be very pushing and make you feel small if you are not interested in their stock.. The truth is that all horses do not re produce themselves and some out produce themselves.. I have seen some pretty plain looking horse that through out some really nice off spring. And I have seen the oposite.. alien

And, when you are looking at horse who has been made to look like that through various means (some in-humane) don't plan on getting one like that one.. They are not real and will not reproduce it either.. cyclops

I know people who use poisin and needles to get that look. Not me. If I cannot do it naturally I do not want it. And, will not do it to win a class either.. I am sure many of you know some horse people like I am talking about. They are every where. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 8:18 am

Here, here, Bluejay!!!! cheers

Had a guy north of me, that actually used to own Tardee Impressive, had a colt he was wanting to sell, sucker was U-necked big time. I asked him how much he was trying to get for him... he said, well, don't you show open shows... I said, yeah, some, why? He says, well, I figure you could sell him there... I told him real quick, if he thought I was taking a U-necked horse into the ring, he was crazier than a bed bug... that if he wanted me to advertise him on-line, fine, I would; but I wasn't buying/trading, or anything like that for the colt, in other words, that sucker wasn't coming to my house!

Just blows my mind sometimes these people... and I usually get, "Well, now, Sheila...." Yeah, whatever....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Stud Colt   Screaming Stud Colt - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screaming Stud Colt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2