Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need Help!! PICS ADDED

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

I need Help!! PICS ADDED Empty
PostSubject: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2008, 4:51 pm

If you remember that colt I have that I dont know what color he is. I wanted to get his color tested so I can reg. him but they want his registered name. I cant register him because I dont know what color he is. So am I missing something and there is an easier way to go about this?

Last edited by Mare on July 6th 2008, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2008, 8:53 pm

You do not have to test for color. Send me a shot and I can tell you what color I would call him. The young ones can change color all the time. This is why AQHA sends you a form for any changes and markings that may come up. You do not need to test for dun. Either they have the markings and color or they do not. And, when you register ABRA they give you a temp number until they are a year old. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2008, 11:57 pm

I wish I would of read this first because I just paid for a color coat test.
Dun isnt in the question I know he's not a dun. The question is a Buckskin or Pali.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2008, 11:08 am

Still do not need a test for it.. Where are the pictures scratch Buckskin will have dark mane, tail, legs (black or brown). Paly will not. coffee
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2008, 2:14 pm

I will get some pics today. Its the colt that you thought was a Pali but his mane has about 2 inches of black and his tail is still black on the under side but doesnt seem to be getting more black in it yet. I will get pics as soon as my kid gets here with the camera.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2008, 5:20 pm

Heres some pics!
I need Help!! PICS ADDED 44ea50fa
I need Help!! PICS ADDED 39151bb1
I need Help!! PICS ADDED 561f868d
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 1:31 pm

affraid I think he is a Fjord lol! Dancing cheering

Likely he will be buckskin. They can have white in the mane and tail. That dark color always looks darker when coming up under light hair. I do no tsee the dark on his legs though. I think he may have his own special color and have a ball driving granny crazy..

Course, some paly's have a lot of dark color in the mane and tail. Some have very liitle white. Yella Fella has a light brown mane and tail.. Another stud is Tardy Too (think that was his name) golden paly with gray mane and tail.. If he does not get any dark on his legs he may just be one of those paly's.. scratch Basketball drunken
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 1:40 pm

Im still going with bucky! Hee Hee.. If, a pally is going to grow dark, its usually as they get older. Mr Yella Fella, was not alwasy dark, He has gotten darker with age. Alot of Pallys do that as they get older, Tuckers dad, was a cream pally as a weanling, white mane and tail. But by the time he was 5, He was an choc. pally.. but still had the white mane and tail. Tucker at 3 was getting dark in his.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 1:52 pm

looks like buckskin.. but should have more color to the legs at this point...

what did you test for?

easiest thing to test for would be black (Eumelanin), if he has it, he's buckskin, if not he's pally.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 3:57 pm

I dont know anything about testing so I kinda just buttons Laughing
red factor & Agouti also Cream dilution. I probably didnt need the cream one but oh well. I dont know how long it takes to get results back from UC Davis
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2008, 9:04 pm

Takes about two weeks to get the results.. We will be waiting.. LOL I still say Fjord.. lol!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 9:01 am

Buckskins usually have much darker legs by now. scratch Hmmm...it's an odd one. Let us know.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 10:11 am

Since AQHA Likes to make up there own Colors we can to!

Balomino= Palomino/Buckskin Idea

Oh, how about a Perlino... Wouldnt surprise me! confused You never know about AQHA.

I have a friend, that has a ROAN mare.. She is RED-RED, Sorrel with soooo much white threw her coat, mane and tail. Red headed. Red Legs but AQHA said she is an, Chestnut with white hairs threw out????? HELLO! silent

Im still going with buckskin, so the folks that wanted one will buy him! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 10:27 am

They are also buying my three year old in my avitar but I havent seen the $$ yet. Who knows I might whack his boy berries off and keep him myself. I dont have a Bucky in my pasture so he would look good.
The sires owner had one that looks just like him out of their other stud Patch The Buck.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 10:36 am

They are from Tenn. Right? I ve watched them show Patch the Buck. AQHA
They have been doing the Bucky thing for years, What color do they say he is???
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 10:43 am

Hey I know Patch the Buck. They're from Goodlettsville TN I think.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 11:43 am

Yep, they are, dont you think they could name the color, so to speak?
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 12:47 pm

At first when he was born she thought a Pali but she sent me a picture of another foal and said it was a Bucky. I told her mine looks just like it so he must be a Bucky. Now she sent me a pic of one of Patches foals and said he's a different color but said he would be a Bucky and he also looks like mine. Black hair just on the underside of the tail. She wants me to let her know on the color results.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 10:26 pm

So, what color are these?

Looks like Mare's foal..

I need Help!! PICS ADDED 33dzc5t

I need Help!! PICS ADDED 1hs9w2

All grown up...

I need Help!! PICS ADDED 2q8vjn9
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2008, 11:14 pm

I asked the stallion owner if their was a Fjord in the woodpile. Laughing I will never understand this color thing. There was a horse on another forum that looked like a Pali Appy and she had him tested and he's really a smoky black. Just when you think you know a little your proved wrong. They joy of colors!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2008, 8:54 pm

lol! affraid Did they laugh Question Guess I am old. I think it's funny.. I want a Fjord for myself. bounce

Color is a blast. Just watch and see what he does. Get out those curries, worm the heck out of him and see what color he truns when that fur falls off.. I still say paly with a dark mane and tail. Dancing

Dixie changed on me a whole bunch of times.. See how she turned out. But, she always had the black mane and tail and legs. The top of her body went light then dark the light in some spots and darker in others.. Her dorsal just blended in over her back.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 9:38 am

OK, have you ordered the test???

What kind of test did you order???

scratch We are waiting here! scratch
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 10:03 am

I did order, I'm just waiting for the results. I did the cream dilution and the red factor and agouti. Wish they would hurry up. They will probably write back and say lady you got yourself a Fjord. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 12:49 pm

Did you tell them WE ALL ARE WAITING? Very Happy

Psssst I still say Bucky!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 1:37 pm

Got the results. Now if you could explain to me what I have.

Coat Color results for 08 colt(DT19632):

Red-Factor Result:
E/e - Both black and red factors detected. Either E or e transmitted to offspring. Basic color is black, bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.

Agouti Result:
A/A - Black pigment distributed in points pattern. Basic color is bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.

Cream Result:
N/Cr - Heterozygous, dilute, one copy of Cream gene. Typical colors are palomino, buckskin and smoky black in the absence of other modifying genes.

Please find the printable report attached. Please note that results are reported on an individual basis. If you have submitted more than one animal, all results may not be sent at the same time for animals submitted together. For additional information on these genes and how they affect coat color please visit http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/service/horse/coatcolor.html .

If you have any questions, please contact us via our web page at http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/contacts.html .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need Help!! PICS ADDED   I need Help!! PICS ADDED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need Help!! PICS ADDED
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next