Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2nd red dun colt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 12:27 pm

Why oh why can't I get a colored filly? All Pep even throws me are colts.
But anyway, yesterday after super Secret had her foal. It turned cold again yesterday, so we knew she'd be having it right away. Not possible for one of these ladies to have them on a nice day. lol
I'll get pics as soon as I can. I had satellite internet and they had a problem so they took us offline. They'd better fix it soon. I'm down to driving to town to use the computers at the public library on tuesdays and fridays. I'll put some pics on a disk and get a friend to load them for me.
The kids are not as impressed with this one as the first one. This one pins his ears and threatens to kick, whereas Duncan comes to get petted and scratched. He licks people and puppies and will whinny when we come into the barn.
Merikle will get their names better than you Americans. They are Duncan and Tim. Both named after donut shops. They plan on calling Freckles' foal Robin, also after a donut shop. They are calling Tim "Timbit" rather than Timmy, due to Tim Horton's stores calling their donut holes that.
I can only imagine what theme they'll have next year. We've already had a Bo, Luke and Daisy and we have 2 named after characters on Lost.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 12:33 pm

OK, your banned, to get un-banned, you must post foals photos, Hee Hee..
Razz
Congrats, cheers
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 3:03 pm

lol oooh I am so jealous you're having babies already! Laughing

and I can't even see pics Sad lol.

LOL the names are adorable! I bet timmies and duncan donuts will be pleased with their new representation!

As for the one who pins his ears and kicks... I had one of those a while ago, just requires a bit extra handling, letting him no its not ok to kick or bite etc. Mine came around in about 1-2 weeks... LOL stopped turning his butt to me and kicking. I had one who thought it was fun... So I played "horse" with him and in about an hour he decided it wasn't fun anymore haha.

Funny how that happens eh? the mare who had him is the sweetest thing alive and so is her mom, and the sire is absolutely a doll too.

They are either born terrified, rude, or intruiged. My Merikle always throws foals who just want to be with people right away. Sounds like you got one of those as well!

Congrats! Can't wait for pics!
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 4:44 pm

Congrats, I know the dun deal, I had a mare and that is all I ever got from her.

OMG, I better take more pics or I will be banned. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 8:34 pm

YEA.. I understand the picture thing. I just cannot get my camera to work in the barn.. I hope to get my little fatties outside here soon to get some shots.. We will just keep bugging you.. lol! Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 2:54 pm

I've got Tim coming to me now. It always just takes more time with Secret's foals. Her 2 year old, Connor, was the same way. But by the time he was weaned, he'd leave the other horses to come see us if he heard anybody down by the barn.
I will be taking a disk with pics to my friend when I take my truck into the shop tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2nd red dun colt Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd red dun colt   2nd red dun colt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd red dun colt
Page 1 of 1