Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

looking at a new filly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

looking at a new filly Empty
PostSubject: looking at a new filly   looking at a new filly Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 3:12 pm

So, now that Pep is gone, I now have only a sorrel stud. So I have been looking for some colored, well bred fillies to add to my program.
I am going to look at a red roan by Smart Lil Marmoset, who is by Smart Little Lena and out of a money earning daughter of Peppy San Badger/ Doc's Marmoset. I can't quite remember the mares pedigree, but it was nice, she goes back to SLL too.
I am also culling out all the running bred mares from my herd. If the kids or I want a gymkhana horse after Vamp retires, we can always buy one. It is hard to get rid of them, since they have great dispositions and are so easy to work with, and their colts sell, but they don't work with how I want my program to look, so I've made up my mind to sell them regardless of how much I like them.
So, if any off you know of any nice, resonably priced cow bred fillies, let me know. My stud, Lenasplayingwithguns, has Playgun, Doc O Lena, Colonel Freckles and Doc's Hickory.
Please remember that I live in Canada and they have to be within a resonable distance. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: looking at a new filly   looking at a new filly Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 5:38 pm

too bad you're soo far away from us. I know of a few w/color but not reasonable distance Sad . The filly you are talking of sounds nice Id make the sale contingent on a neg HERDA test just my opinion with the double SLL and your stud having Doc O'lena.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: looking at a new filly   looking at a new filly Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 6:13 pm

Not a bad idea. We are getting Gun done. I think she said their stud was getting tested too. But the $50.00 for the test is cheaper than the vet check, so I think I will put that. She wont be weaned till like the end of August, early Sept., so the results should be back by then if we hurry up and get it done.
Just how far are you?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: looking at a new filly   looking at a new filly Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2007, 6:39 pm

I'm in KS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking at a new filly   looking at a new filly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking at a new filly
Page 1 of 1