Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think of this filly

Go down 
+3
Triple J Quarter Horses
REINING CHICK
reiningfan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

What do you think of this filly Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 8:01 pm

I have asked for more and better pics. Since Brennen sold his gelding, plus has some savings, he think he might like to buy her.
http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-ad-631335.aspx
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 8:16 pm

id have to see more pictures. but just the shinning spark breeding is awesome its self. shes bred pretty well. hopefully they will get you some more pictures!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 9:02 pm

More photos! cheers Love baby pics Sorry, BUT with price of horses, I think she is a bit high as well.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 10:08 pm

I really think her pedigree will go good with what we already have. I'm also hoping they will deal on the price a bit. Brennen is patiently waiting for the pictures. I might give them a call. Their number is in the ad.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2008, 11:19 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
More photos! cheers Love baby pics Sorry, BUT with price of horses, I think she is a bit high as well.

I actually think she'd re-sell here quite well, as a 3 year old well started im sure they could get 5K atleast... depending of course. However I think for her area she is probably priced quite high... It says firm, but If they will come down some, I think it may be worth it. Have to think of shipping prices too though, and with gas prices, you'd be looking at a pretty penny for that alone.

I'd also be asking if the parents have been tested for HERDA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 10:45 am

I did ask about HERDA testing. No answer from them yet. I tried calling yesterday but got ananswering machine. I'm gonna try again today.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 12:02 pm

Cute LIL Booger.. She does have a pretty nice pedigree. I think the asking price is not too high for a filly like that. She does not have the dark points that a buckskin should have. scratch I would wonder why the price was so low on her myself. The working lines are going for much more money then that. Rolling Eyes

A friend of mine down the road has a Remnic daughter. She has no brain at all. She does all the stuff you would expect her to do with her breeding. She is very small and I tease him about his pony.. lol! She spins so fast you better be ready and holding on. riding

If you like her and have the time to raise her then you should buy her. The price is not too high and she may be a good investment down the road. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 12:40 pm

i didnt think the price was that high. heck, shining sparks stud fee is 15k lol.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 2:19 pm

Yes, but she is a GREAT GREAT Grand-daughter of him. Right, lets see , 4 generations back, yep, thats right, scratch Still want to see more Pictures. Cool
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 6:42 pm

Bluejay wrote:
She does not have the dark points that a buckskin should have. scratch

She does, just harder to see at this point. Remember buckskins come in all shades, depending on what type/shade of "bay" they were before the creme diluted it. In that pic she looks young, and a buttermilk type buckskin. Just like most bay foals, she's still getting her black points.

And I do agree with T-J. Especially with how young she is still. Hopefully they will come down some for denise's sake.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2008, 9:10 pm

Why, yes Merikle buckskins do come in many shades. Are they desirable.. NO... And to follow that HELL NO.. Rolling Eyes And, if they do not have the darker legs they will likely not be accepted in the ABRA.. No That is very imortant when you have a colored foal to double register. It really makes a difference on the value. Anyway, for those looking for value.

I have had a few around here and they all had black legs, manes and tails. And, I can see just fine. She does not have dark legs. They are born with them. There is also a limit to how many other colors you can have in the mane and tail just like the Paly. And, white on them is not desired and they will be judged for that. But, if you do not care about that quality then it does not matter anyway. Smile

The breeding is back there. And, there is a ton of it. The price is not too high. I would want many more pics of the foal. And, as far as the breeding goes it has little to do with what the horse can do. It all lies in the hands of the trainer. Yes, some come by things naturally.. But, if the training isn't there it will never happen.. riding

BLAH BLAH BLAH... lol! doggie
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 12:04 am

Here's my deal, they have another filly by same sire, but not the extra color, for $1000.00. I'll give you that the dam is bred better, but, still, the sire's stud fee is only $600.00... I can't say for sure without more pictures, but it almost looks like she's standing over at the knees, look closely. As far as the buckskin thing goes, if you are looking at it just for the color, you DO NEED the black legs and mane and tail. I would have liked to seen the big names a little closer up, but that's just me.

Shoot, there was a Smart Little Lena grandson, the sire and dam were proven in the reining and cow pen, he was a pretty nice colt, and he was $1500.00 with a neg. price. I'm just saying it might be worth it to look a little more. :-)

Any Bluejay was right about the training thing, these horses don't learn to spin and slide by themselves. To get them to that level, it takes years. I know, it's what I used to do. All the breeding means is that they are more likely to have the conformation to be good at these things, except the cow stuff, I do think that the phenomenal ability to cut cows has been passed down through generations of careful breeding. But there are even exceptions to that rule, I've seen well trained cutters with no cow horse breeding. Like my QH mare who is bred 90% TB, all running blood, but she'll cut a cow like nothing you've seen...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 12:27 am

Quote :
I actually think she'd re-sell here quite well, as a 3 year old well started im sure they could get 5K atleast... depending of course. However I think for her area she is probably priced quite high... It says firm, but If they will come down some, I think it may be worth it. Have to think of shipping prices too though, and with gas prices, you'd be looking at a pretty penny for that alone

Ok, 2500.00
750.00 for shipping Hopefully
200.00 Crossing Boarder,
750.00 A year for feeding, And thats skimming by
Your at 5700.00 Already... 5K went right out the window.
Now if he is going to buy this filly for himself, as a show prospect and future broodmare. Then its his project and we all have done the same thing. Hopes and Dreams. But to say he will make money on this filly at the age of 3 for 5 K thats not going to happen. No
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 11:35 am

as a broodmare all the big names will fall off of the foals papers except for Katie by the Bay and she was a very nice mare Ive seen her... sire and dam of this foal haven't really done much and sire of dam hasn't produced much and dam of dam is just foundation- foal is overpriced in my honest opinion if you are buying strictly for color then roans are what is hot for the working lines in the states... that is my honest opinion she is a 1500-1800 foal if she is correct for her lines consider 3x her stud fee for her value.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2008, 11:30 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Why, yes Merikle buckskins do come in many shades. Are they desirable.. NO... And to follow that HELL NO.. Rolling Eyes And, if they do not have the darker legs they will likely not be accepted in the ABRA.. No That is very imortant when you have a colored foal to double register. It really makes a difference on the value. Anyway, for those looking for value.

I have had a few around here and they all had black legs, manes and tails. And, I can see just fine. She does not have dark legs. They are born with them. There is also a limit to how many other colors you can have in the mane and tail just like the Paly. And, white on them is not desired and they will be judged for that. But, if you do not care about that quality then it does not matter anyway. Smile

The breeding is back there. And, there is a ton of it. The price is not too high. I would want many more pics of the foal. And, as far as the breeding goes it has little to do with what the horse can do. It all lies in the hands of the trainer. Yes, some come by things naturally.. But, if the training isn't there it will never happen.. riding

BLAH BLAH BLAH... lol! doggie

She does have black points, you can see her ear tips etc (she also has 4 white socks and that is normally where the black tipping shows on young foals. She *is* a buckskin. Color is color. Yes some shades are nicer, but a buckskin is a buckskin. She looks *extremely young* in that photo, and most often times like bays they are not born with their full black points, but they come as the baby fuzz goes away. With her mane, they can be born with near white manes and tails, it depends on what amount of "Frosting" they have, this too will change some with age. I've had heavy sooty buckskins, all the way to buttermilk here, Like our one colt out of a blood bay mare of ours, He is so light colored like coffee with too much cream, and his black points are just starting to really show. His mane is black but has heavy frosting as well, However his legs are white as he's a tovero, but his black points on his legs would come with time :0)

Also, a horse like a wild bay, has little to no black points, its all in the type of bay. All buckskins/bays have black points, no arguing about that. Agouti creates these black points and it has to be there for them to be buckskin/bay. How you interpreted that is not at all what I meant Smile I should have been more clear. Sorry for the confusion on what I meant Bluejay, no offense meant.

T-J - I totally had a brain fart there... my mathamatics are not working for me... LOL as if they ever did! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 4:10 am

do they say she has 4 socks because I only saw 1 sock for sure and couldn't tell the color of mane or tail from those pics... sorry not trying to be diff here.. but could definately see the color in the face and on the ear tips...
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 9:48 am

Her sire is is a World Qualifier with a ROM in Reining, All Around Champion

That is something! cheers

IBHA/ABHA has very strick guidelings as to what is excepted.
Quote :
"A true colored buckskin should be the color of tanned deerhide with black points. Shades may vary from yellow to dark gold. Points (mane, tail, legs) can be dark brown or black. Buckskin is clean of any smuttiness. Guard hairs which are buckskin colored grow through the body coat up over the base of the mane and tail"
Also True, Less less White, The better, just like in a palomino color class..

PS However I do see One hind sock. Only one. The rest from what I can see is just lighter legs, Like alot of youngsters. I dont know how many times Ive had folks tell me they have 4 whites to have none at all. Me, Ive had Kirt say, Theres white, nope I say, Do you see the breaking line, oh, yes, OK, Lets get the water on it, Only not to find PINK SKIN... I have a pally filly right now, everyone swore white, Me nope, and Guess what, NOPE.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 2:35 pm

OK, here are some pics. The side view one she was doing some playing around with her graphics program & ruined it. But it wasn't a great pic to start with. I know what I'm thinking. What are your opinions?

What do you think of this filly AnnieChexrear

What do you think of this filly AnnieChexside

Her sire
What do you think of this filly SmartLilChexinic
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 2:39 pm

I think She is cute... but not spectacular...

And it did look like she had 4 whites in the ad pic, but she only has two... But you can see the black points coming in as I said, as the baby fuzz goes away. She has a black mane and tail as well. (her color should still darken some with next years hair.) My pallies and buckskins often get darker each year... But I have never bothered with PBHA or whatever. But I certainly dont agree with judging a horse on its shade of color...

However she is still over at the knee....
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 2:42 pm

I was just PMing you, and you've already posted! Yeah, I'm gonna skip her. They are sending more pics, but unless she was dirt cheap, we'll pass on this one.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 2:46 pm

So we're still looking I guess.
What do you think of lot #178 in this sale? There are no pics, so I guess just on her pedigree.

http://www.rockingw.com/2008FallCatalogInternet.pdf
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 3:06 pm

Merkle, Considering you could not even see below the ankle no one could have seen the 1/2 pastern..

Doc Bar
Mr San Peppy
Doc's Lynx
Doc O'Lena

Dang that ROYAL PEDIGREE! But hot too! Wish we could see a picture.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 3:33 pm

I'm trying to find a contact number and see if they have a few pictures of the mare that they can send me. It's only an hour & a half drive to where the auction is, but if she's not good looking, I'd rather be at home riding.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2008, 9:20 pm

Yes it's true the lines are a back there. And, all my bays, bucks and paly's are born that way and I do not have to hope the color comes. bounce I never have to wonder what color they may turn. I know it when they pop out.. And, when they finish they are AWESOME.. kitty

Now, none of this matters to some. It does to me and I just take care of myself as all of you should. coffee

I also like a nice roan. But, it better have the points on it when it's born or it just looks washed out to me. And, no it does not get better with age. Also, even roan patterns. I have seen some of the roans that do not have a nice even color with points. I do not like them. And, I have seen paly's and bucks that I do not like at all. No

What I like only matters to me.. What you like should only matter to you.. You should never choose a horse based on it's color anyway. That is not what the horse is about. And, a horse this young no matter how it's bred will not tell you how it will be when it grows up. You also need to keep in mind there is a lot of crap back there on those so called BRED horses.. It can show up any time on a foal that is not developed. alien

You would be safer to go with a 1 or 2yr old that you can see how it's going.. riding
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2008, 10:44 am

I don't care what color I get. I just want the bloodlines. I'll be more than happy with a sorrel if it meets my expectations. This filly doesn't. The mare in the auction has great bloodlines, but will likely go for much more than Brennen has, and I really don't have that much to give him right now. I will keep on looking and hopefully find what I want. I am paring my breeding stock right down. Vamp isn't bred and we are only keeping 2 of the 7 mares as brood mares. Other than Vamp, the rest will go.
Brandi, interested in a daughter of Vamp, sorrel with flaxen mane, cheap?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this filly   What do you think of this filly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this filly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next